Rather have Simmons than Adams

Hardline

Reaction score
Your 100% wrong and it’s idiotic to not want a top 3 safety in the NFL for a mid round pick that might not even be a starter. The reason why this trade won’t go through is cause the jets won’t part with him for just number 17. That’s the sole reason the cowboys haven’t made the deal yet
What I said still stands.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daniel Jeremiah said most the execs he talked to saw Simmons as a safety. A few folks thinks he has a mini slide, 7-14 range.
Not sure what the cost will be, but a move up to get him will be a great move, especially if the Cowboys FO is actually considering a trade for a safety. I love Adams, but he will be a very expensive option.

keysersoze

Reaction score
The 40 time doesnt surprise me because he is an elite athlete.

I think he will struggle as far as coverage quickness and adjustments against NFL WR if at the third line of defense consistently.

I think he's a linebacker. He will drop sometimes, he will rush sometimes, and if in the right situation could be a special player. I don't think Dallas is that place.

Just my opinion.

Very moot because its cost prohibitive to get the guy.
You don’t think he’d be a good Strong Safety?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Have to agree. I would trade for Adams if he was on a contract I liked for the next few years but not to pay him. Simmons is just a bridge too far. Would love to be in a position to go up for him but we are simply too far from his range and we don't have extra picks this year to leverage.
But what if he drops below 10?

Proof

Reaction score
Sorry, did not mean to sound dismissive there.

I didn’t mean it literally. Just that I think Simmons is more than just a safety. Appreciate the civility though, brother!

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
With all the speculation and y’all of breaking the bank for Adams, I’d prefer to break the bank and move up to snag Isaiah Simmons (if possible). It would essentially be akin to drafting and grooming our own Darren Woodson 2.0. What do you all think?
I think Woodson was more safety than linebacker, and Simmons is more LB than safety

Reactions: BAT

keysersoze

Reaction score
that is a different consideration. But I don't think there is a snowballs chance in Hades he gets to 10. Even if it were to happen, the bidding war would be intense.
Stranger things have definitely happened in NFL Drafts. Never say never.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I think Woodson was more safety than linebacker, and Simmons is more LB than safety
I agree. But Woodson was a linebacker in college. He made the conversion one way. Maybe Simmons could do the same. But in reverse.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
As a DC, he becomes the SAM, that is not a 2 down player. I can't imagine any DC that runs a 4-3 that wouldn't love having this guy on the team. Speed for sideline to sideline. Size, and the ability to cover TE's, running backs, and various forms of the H-Back. What isn't to like?

I think I would like him as a SS, but I think the team would make him the SAM.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I'm afraid Simmons is another Byron jones...just sayin..
Nahhhh...,, He’s a little different. He’d be a good SS With the flexibility to play different spots. I think he’d be the perfect remedy for our vulnerability of not being able to match up well with premier TEs and also would be a force in the box helping to stop the run and short screens. He’s got the ability to cover pretty well and could man the slot or centerfield as well, if need be.

keysersoze

Reaction score
As a DC, he becomes the SAM, that is not a 2 down player. I can't imagine any DC that runs a 4-3 that wouldn't love having this guy on the team. Speed for sideline to sideline. Size, and the ability to cover TE's, running backs, and various forms of the H-Back. What isn't to like?

I think I would like him as a SS, but I think the team would make him the SAM.
I would hope not. This guy COULD BE the man we’ve been looking for since 2003. If his instincts and recognition match his athleticism he’s gonna be a great one. He can do many things very well.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
What I said still stands.
What you said is pointless cause if the Jets said you could have Adams for pick 17 the deal happens. That is exactly what you said would not happen but it would if he was available for 17. End of story.

star-ving

Reaction score
If he falls then I’d move up...we could be getting Sean Taylor 2.0