Ratliff was on

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ratliff was on and basically said, this was a humbling experience, and he just didnt know what they needed to do to fix this, but they the cowboy players know basically that they need to win all of their games now

they dont need this rah rah type speech or like your back is against the wall, they just need to go out and do it

i caught the tail end of the talk so thought youd like to know joe

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well, all i can tell you, i caught the tail end of the converstation, but ratliff sounded really humbled, kinda like crayton was other day on tv

so maybe this will wake the team up

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2400465 said:
ratliff was on and basically said, this was a humbling experience, and he just didnt know what they needed to do to fix this, but they the cowboy players know basically that they need to win all of their games now

they dont need this rah rah type speech or like your back is against the wall, they just need to go out and do it

i caught the tail end of the talk so thought youd like to know joe

This is the same Ratliff who said the team wasn't at 'rock bottom' a couple of weeks ago. No one on this team has an answer as to where they are or what they have to do to save the season.

Why?

Because the coaching staff acts like everything will work itself out when Romo gets back.

Two weeks ago they said it was just a funk and that not panicing was the right move.

Four weeks ago they said they were supposed to be praised for barely beating the Bengals.

Meanwhile the fans were alarmed after the Skins game. And guess what? That's when the team should have been alarmed because they got pushed around at home by a division rival with a new coaching staff and a young QB.

Everyone from top to bottom in that organization waited too long to push that panic button and now it may be too late.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i totally agree DC, till jerry jones makes the players accountable, nothing will ever change

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
because good ole wade will never make the players accountable, and good ole wade says everything is ok and will be fine

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2400574 said:
because good ole wade will never make the players accountable, and good ole wade says everything is ok and will be fine
and Jerry pays them before they earn it. other than Romo who is the one player on this Roster that deserves a huge contract?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2400522 said:
Meanwhile the fans were alarmed after the Skins game. And guess what? That's when the team should have been alarmed because they got pushed around at home by a division rival with a new coaching staff and a young QB.

Everyone from top to bottom in that organization waited too long to push that panic button and now it may be too late.
No, only a few fans were truly alarmed.

A few days after the Commander loss, most fans were pretending that everything was ok, it was just an aberration, just like they were last December. Some still are.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Rampage;2400476 said:
save it. heard it before
Aint that the truth. I don't want to hear from anyone, including jerry. I've heard the same crap for the last 3 weeks and nothing's changed.

Ren

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2400465 said:
ratliff was on and basically said, this was a humbling experience, and he just didnt know what they needed to do to fix this

1 learn to tackle, practice it FFS!

2 stop acting like a bunch of spoiled kids, if someone punches you in the mouth punch them back don't go crying to mommy (Wade)

3 watch film and i dunno,.. come up with a damn gameplan on offense? wouldn't that be something

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2400581 said:
No, only a few fans were truly alarmed.

A few days after the Commander loss, most fans were pretending that everything was ok, it was just an aberration, just like they were last December. Some still are.

You're probably right.

I was alarmed and not just because we lost, but because of the manner in which we lost.

We were supposed to pay back the Skins in that game for the beating they gave us in Week 17 last season.

Instead they just beat us up all over again.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Here's Jay Ratliff on his weekly appearance with David Smoak on KTBB.com...

Ratliff talks about the Bye Week

The man is downright depressed!

Who else is disappointed to hear a Dallas Cowboys' player admit that he's more mentally tired than physically tired?

At a loss for words? What happened to the BS line from Wade that none of the players seemed disheartened...

Wade says players not disheartened

Really Wade?

Well we just heard Jay Ratliff basically sounding like he's completely depressed at this point.

Greg Ellis doesn't sound disheartened? Greg Ellis post game

Zach Thomas doesn't sound disheartened? Thomas post game

Even Jerry Jones sounds disheartened Wade! Jerry post game

Maybe Wade only spoke to rookie Mike Jenkins after the game - Jenkins post game

Jenkins seems pretty happy after the game. And why shouldn't he? He got his first INT, which wasn't because of anything he did but because Eli Manning made a huge mistake, and he also saved himself some energy to be 'bored at home' because we all saw that he's not really into tackling RB's.

My point here? Why is Wade still trying to sugarcoat anything? The entire team is admitting that the sky is falling Wade and yet you still want to try and tell us different.

You are a moron Wade and I can't wait until you are fired.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Rampage;2400578 said:
and Jerry pays them before they earn it. other than Romo who is the one player on this Roster that deserves a huge contract?

Witten and Ware

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point talk is pure BS to me.

I'm not from Missouri, but the Cowboys need to "show me" positive results on the field.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rampage;2400578 said:

we have plenty of uys who earned getting their pay days

Newman clearly did...Adams did...Witten clearly did...Owens did..Ware defintiely does...Ratliff earned his payday...Gurode did...

I think the one's that are clearly questionable were Hamlin and Barber...not that Barber isnt a very good player, but I am not sure he deserved to be paid like one of the top 5 or 6 RB's in the league either.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2401150 said:
we have plenty of uys who earned getting their pay days

Newman clearly did...Adams did...Witten clearly did...Owens did..Ware defintiely does...Ratliff earned his payday...Gurode did...

I think the one's that are clearly questionable were Hamlin and Barber...not that Barber isnt a very good player, but I am not sure he deserved to be paid like one of the top 5 or 6 RB's in the league either.
Newman should not have been given that much due to his age

Adams got way too much given his age and his penalty a game.

Witten did deserve his money

Owens did but again too much for his age

Ware no question

Ratliff earned that after 1 year?

Gurode doesn't deserve that much. he needs help making the freaking calls.