Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

Adreme

Reaction score
I would stay away. Similar to with the Patriots, when is the last time a player who left the Ravens went on to do anything meaningful elsewhere? When you are cut by a well-run organization that tells me all I need to know about you as a player and how much you have left in the tank.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would stay away. Similar to with the Patriots, when is the last time a player who left the Ravens went on to do anything meaningful elsewhere? When you are cut by a well-run organization that tells me all I need to know about you as a player and how much you have left in the tank.

Well I said this same thing when he approached Garrett after the game and campaigned to be a Cowboy. Any player who would do that is not someone you want in your locker room.

Reaction score
Well I said this same thing when he approached Garrett after the game and campaigned to be a Cowboy. Any player who would do that is not someone you want in your locker room.

I agree, but if DAL is truly where he has always wanted to be, and we can get him on a 1-year prove-it deal for moderate cost, maybe he’ll be on his best (relatively speaking) behavior in the locker room? Hearing Jerry say on 105.3 that we are “trying” CBs at S makes me cringe. For whatever decline in his play, Thomas was ranked best coverage S last year in one metric I saw.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Wentz did the same thing with Garrett...lmao!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any club needs to be aware of the E Factor, the Enough Factor. I wouldn't be paying as much attention to this altercation on the field, I would be looking at every piece of film of his play on the field. If he was what he used to be, The E Factor is higher but they didn't waste any time using the conduct detrimental to get rid of him and his salary.

His play on the field is what started this ball rolling and any team better beware of that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, but if DAL is truly where he has always wanted to be, and we can get him on a 1-year prove-it deal for moderate cost, maybe he’ll be on his best (relatively speaking) behavior in the locker room? Hearing Jerry say on 105.3 that we are “trying” CBs at S makes me cringe. For whatever decline in his play, Thomas was ranked best coverage S last year in one metric I saw.

Right but at the first sign of adversity Thomas will bail on you.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes the broken leg was unfortunate. However, before that, he was making plays for them (especially the game against the Cowboys).

if a secondary player tackles, ints, pass defensed are high, that meant teams didnt fear that player.

Last yr, he was only targeted 13 times, allowed 5 and got 2 picks and no tds. Sounds like a top 5 fs to me.

Rated very average. He's not the stud he used to be. Now we find out he's nothing but a pain around the team. Glad we passed on this headache.