1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Reality with Daks contract

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Diehardblues, Jun 21, 2022.

1. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

18,663 Messages
    37,870 Likes Received
    We have a different idea of what "success" is I suppose.

Typhus, Swagger and Brax like this.
  2. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

18,250 Messages
    25,075 Likes Received
    Wait until you see what Burrow and Herbert get. We can then re visit this.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  3. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

9,411 Messages
    6,024 Likes Received
    Saddest part about Dak and Romo is that Jerry pretty much lucked into both of those guys. Romo wasn't even drafted and Dak was a 4th rounder, neither were thought of as possible long term starters, Pro Bowlers, etc.

RustyBourneHorse and Flamma like this.
  4. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

27,236 Messages
    27,443 Likes Received
    If we get a good Defense we will be able to make a deeper run.. I still think if we went after garapilo more in that playoff game we would have had a better chance of winning. We let him stand back there.

5. Jake

Jake Jerry's Yacht Captain Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    31,532 Messages
    69,380 Likes Received
    The Jones boys have convinced themselves they're "close" for 15 years, first with Romo and now with Dak. They're not going to move on from a 30 year old QB in 2024 unless his play drops off significantly. They'll keep convincing themselves that they're not far away, and we'll keep getting what we've been getting.

6. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

5,272 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received
    It may be sooner I don't see 49 mill cap space hit flying in Dallas, If Dak is restructured next year into the voidable years Dak is here to stay playoff and big chokes doesn't matter Dak is Jerry's QB because he drafted him and paid him. FO will keep dooming the Cowboys for years to come and more important that the players is the low end low IQ HC's the last 10 years.

CowboysFaninHouston and Jake like this.
  7. Jarntt

Jarntt Well-Known Member

2,102 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    At least post the whole thing. If we "get out" after 2023 we have still $40M in dead money to deal with. Dak isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but if he is it's not until at least a year later than that

Diehardblues likes this.
  8. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

48,189 Messages
    30,171 Likes Received
    No, Jethro has redefined what success is . And Dak is enough to provide it. Much like Romo was.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  9. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

16,948 Messages
    14,348 Likes Received
    I agree with the rest of your post, which I believe to be the most likely outcome. It's this part that caught my attention.

There's really only two ways to draft a high profile QB. Suck so bad that you're picking high. Or trade a high profile player for a first, package this two along with one from the next year, and you can move up from the teens.

Let's see what the Eagles do next year. And they'll probably be picking in the low 20s.

10. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

16,948 Messages
    14,348 Likes Received
    That's what Jerry would say.

11. Diehardblues

48,189 Messages
    30,171 Likes Received
    Unfortunately his opinion or thoughts is all that matters since our course of action is going to be based on it.

If you dont grasp what drives our owner passions then going to be difficult to see his direction and intent .

CowboysFaninHouston and Flamma like this.
  12. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    38,675 Messages
    69,709 Likes Received
    That is the understatement of this forum.

There are ‘the ring is the thing” fans which are the most frustrated and then there are fans like me that as long as their competitive, I am OK.

MC, the difference is I have let the reality of who runs this team shape my expectations and left my Cowboys entitlement behind years ago.

I watch the games to see them play, not to win as I used to do. Some accuse me of lowering my expectations to meet the circumstance and I completely agree with that but I am not as frustrated a fan as they are.

I call it accepting what is and what is not likely to be. And so far, I am batting 1000%.

13. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

16,948 Messages
    14,348 Likes Received
    I know what you're saying. But it's still not going to be 50% of the cap. I think teams would be willing to absorb 25%, but once you start getting into the 30s and 40s, there's no longer a reason to pay the QB.

14. Otis313

Otis313 Active Member

105 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    I’m not a Dak lover but I do enjoy reading your comments and seeing that your so clouded with your judgement that you can’t even make a comment without it being about Dak.
    I hope Jerry does sign him another 10 years just so I can continue to see you and the other Dak haters squirm.
    GO Cowboys!

15. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

16,948 Messages
    14,348 Likes Received
    It makes me wonder how many QBs are out there that were just never given a chance? Does Brady or Kurt Warner ever play if their starters don't go down?

The Cowboys just took a random shot in the 4th and got lucky?

LACowboysFan1 and Diehardblues like this.
  16. Diehardblues

48,189 Messages
    30,171 Likes Received
    Yes sir, any Cowboy fan who hasn’t adjusted their expectations with this dysfunctional ownership this era aren’t in touch with reality. Well said !!

17. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

16,948 Messages
    14,348 Likes Received
    Oh I grasp it. That's why I made that comment.

Diehardblues likes this.
  18. Diehardblues

48,189 Messages
    30,171 Likes Received
    Good. Not everyone has.

19. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

5,098 Messages
    3,908 Likes Received
    Didn’t Miss St go to bowl games ?

20. MountaineerCowboy