Reason why I’m hopeful for the third time…

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
By the Commanders game we get Romo, Felix, Newman, and Kosier back , Romo’s finger should be fine by then according to what the doctors are saying. He will be throwing some this week and practicing the week after.(Source: DallasCowboys.com via Wade Press Conference). The defense will play better, although at this point I’m not a fan of the D but when you give up picks within your 40 yard line it’s easy to look bad (2 pics from Brad and 1 from Bollinger)…lets not forget a TO fumble as well even though we negated that with a TD…We play Washington (6-3) who are coming off a loss, we play 49ers (2-6) and the Seahawks (2-6)…Its still football and any team can win on any given Sunday but if there was a schedule that I could see for the next 3 weeks this is one that works well for me…I think Cowboys play better against the Skins than the last game and come out with a win, and we take care of the next two teams and put up an 8-4 record. Can’t wait to see Romo in there with Roy W…kind of hard for Roy to look good when you got Brad “looks like I’m playing football in quicksand” Johnson throwing ducks to you on every pass attempt coming your way.

The next few weeks are going to be crazy with teams in the NFC going against each other…so assuming we go 8-4 that should put us in really good shape for the last 4 games (this is where the real trouble begins). (If any of my matchups or records are incorrect please feel free to correct).

Week 10 matchups to watch:
New Orleans (4-4) vs Atlanta (5-2)
Green Bay (4-4) vs Minnesota (4-4)
Tennessee (8-0) vs Chicago (5-3)
Giants (7-1) vs Eagles (5-3)

Week 11 matchups to watch:
Denver (4-4) vs Atlanta (5-2)
Chicago (5-3) vs Green Bay (4-4)
Baltimore (5-3) vs Giants (7-1)
Minnesota (4-4) vs Tampa Bay (6-3)
Our game against Washington

Week 12 matchups to watch:
Carolina (6-2) vs Atlanta (5-3)
Eagles (5-3) vs Baltimore (5-3)
Giants (7-1) vs Arizona (5-3)
Packers (4-4) vs New Orleans (4-4)

Week 13 matchups to watch:
Arizona (5-3) vs Eagles (5-3)
Carolina (6-2) vs Green Bay (4-4)
New Orleans (4-4) vs Tampa Bay (6-3)
Giants (7-1) vs Commanders (6-3)
Chicago (5-3) vs Vikings (4-4)

And if you look ahead the NFC matchups are getting heated up until the end of the season…with this you can clearly see that it’s a dog fight from here on out and to count this Cowboy team out would be kind of insane…even at 5-4.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Good points. I think while the window has gotten smaller, by no means is Dallas outta the playoff picture. I know most of us are down and out looking at the mediocrity we've displayed the past few weeks, but good health should help in righting the ship.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2400295 said:
By the Commanders game we get Romo, Felix, Newman, and Kosier back , Romo’s finger should be fine by then according to what the doctors are saying. He will be throwing some this week and practicing the week after.(Source: DallasCowboys.com via Wade Press Conference). The defense will play better, although at this point I’m not a fan of the D but when you give up picks within your 40 yard line it’s easy to look bad (2 pics from Brad and 1 from Bollinger)…lets not forget a TO fumble as well even though we negated that with a TD…We play Washington (6-3) who are coming off a loss, we play 49ers (2-6) and the Seahawks (2-6)…Its still football and any team can win on any given Sunday but if there was a schedule that I could see for the next 3 weeks this is one that works well for me…I think Cowboys play better against the Skins than the last game and come out with a win, and we take care of the next two teams and put up an 8-4 record. Can’t wait to see Romo in there with Roy W…kind of hard for Roy to look good when you got Brad “looks like I’m playing football in quicksand” Johnson throwing ducks to you on every pass attempt coming your way.

The next few weeks are going to be crazy with teams in the NFC going against each other…so assuming we go 8-4 that should put us in really good shape for the last 4 games (this is where the real trouble begins). (If any of my matchups or records are incorrect please feel free to correct).

Week 10 matchups to watch:
New Orleans (4-4) vs Atlanta (5-2)
Green Bay (4-4) vs Minnesota (4-4)
Tennessee (8-0) vs Chicago (5-3)
Giants (7-1) vs Eagles (5-3)

Week 11 matchups to watch:
Denver (4-4) vs Atlanta (5-2)
Chicago (5-3) vs Green Bay (4-4)
Baltimore (5-3) vs Giants (7-1)
Minnesota (4-4) vs Tampa Bay (6-3)
Our game against Washington

Week 12 matchups to watch:
Carolina (6-2) vs Atlanta (5-3)
Eagles (5-3) vs Baltimore (5-3)
Giants (7-1) vs Arizona (5-3)
Packers (4-4) vs New Orleans (4-4)

Week 13 matchups to watch:
Arizona (5-3) vs Eagles (5-3)
Carolina (6-2) vs Green Bay (4-4)
New Orleans (4-4) vs Tampa Bay (6-3)
Giants (7-1) vs Commanders (6-3)
Chicago (5-3) vs Vikings (4-4)

And if you look ahead the NFC matchups are getting heated up until the end of the season…with this you can clearly see that it’s a dog fight from here on out and to count this Cowboy team out would be kind of insane…even at 5-4.

Excellent post and great points.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Havent you learned anything from this year?

Stop assuming we're going to beat teams. Period. It's going to be a dogfight to make the playoffs this year, it's as simple as that.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
Dallas 38, Commanders 17.

I can't believe the people that think getting back all of our players will not make this team much better than what we showed against the Giants. Yes, we were going through a slump weeks 4-6, but tell me a team that doesn't go through a slump during the season.

Anything can happen when Dallas plays Washington. Those games are unpredictable and always will be. We screwed around and let Cincy stay in a game they had no busines being in, but they did the same thin against the Giants. We lost to Arizona, but Romo took us down the field in the fourth quarter to tie the game. I don't know about you, but if I have to make a bet on who was going to win that game had Romo not been hurt on the first play of overtime, I take Romo every day of the week.

Nav22

Reaction score
The Giants have 4 very tough games ahead of them over the next 4 weeks. If they split those 4, they'd be 9-3.

If we were to get it together and win our next 3 after the bye, we'd be 8-4 at the same point. One game behind the Giants.

With a rematch in week 15 still looming.

The division race is not over by ANY means...

BHendri5

Reaction score
Giants slide is about to start. This so called awesome team, yeah right.

Giants are no better than any other team in the NFC.

If they were so good they should have not let us get 14 points, or had 3 turnovers and given up sacks.

I hate doing this, but if you take away those 3 ints, and that fumble the giants only have maybe 21 points, and we have 21, wwithout the fumble/strip from T.O.

The first pick Brad threw we were moving the ball after the one handed catch by RW, yes, we would have scored then.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2400321 said:

Stop assuming we're going to beat teams. Period. It's going to be a dogfight to make the playoffs this year, it's as simple as that.

And if you look ahead the NFC matchups are getting heated up until the end of the season…with this you can clearly see that it’s a DOG FIGHT from here on out and to count this Cowboy team out would be kind of insane…even at 5-4.

I believe thats what I said to begin with...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NextGenBoys;2400321 said:

Cardinals

Rams

Both were W's in preseason.

Could have been 6-2 now if we didn't actually play the game.