Recap: Mickey Spagnola

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
talking about wet weather right now;

coming off the bye, mickey, lets put it in perspective do they have to win sunday
yes, they have to, if they are going to be what they are, they have to from a mental standpoint, feel good about yourself, and this could be a make or break the season kind of game

question about how Commanders revealed how to beat the cowboys; now the Commanders seems to be beat up; not sure if its reversed now, they did beat the cowboys by 2 points, last year, they won those kind of games now they are losing those type of games,

at some point you have to beat somebody good, and whats the best win the cowboys had this year, only other best game was over the 5-4 eagles;

yes, they dont have mulligans now, they have to get on a roll like win 5 or 6 in a row, you can win, then lose, then win, they have to get on a roll

in their history they have been in a roll, but last time on a roll was in 90's, so we havent seen this in a while, so if we dont see it this time you might see a lot of disappointed people

romo, yes, kosier, glue, witten, yes, jones i dont know, maybe later in the week, but to me, you need more than 2 practices to get in a game, i just think he is kinda iffy,

can you hide players practicing from reporting to the nfl question to mickey, no its not just worth the fines,possible draft picks you might lose,
commercial

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dang we have to have felix jones against the Commanders, that is imperative

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboys strenghts and weaknesses going into the game question
the offensive line,i dont know if kosier is the glue like smoaky siad, but romo needs protection, from strenght they can throw the ball aroudn and roy can be a bigger factor

thing i dont like is felix if he cant be out there, maybe get choice to help some

mickey, inside on flozell, is it technque, jumping offsides, etc, question
number one false starts, your a big guy and you have to go against a quicker smaller guy, but remember he does go to pro bowls,and that right hand has been bothering him for a couple of weeks, smoaky siad dont say puss, but his hand was swollen like a catchers mitt, and a shoulder issue too and this didnt get reported,

i dont think so, and 33 is prime of their career,

mickey, if wade is not gone after this year, is jason garrett next in line, or get someone else, or cowher

does cowher want to coach back to fan asking, its a hot name, but do you worry about a guy that hasnt been working in a couple of years, does he still have his fire, i dont know where they are going, and your asking the wrong person, and how do they finish, and why did they not make it, like 10-6 not get in or go 8-8, then you have to wait and see;

smoaky says these next few weks decide, mickey, if romo goes down, is it brad johnson, and offensive line way they have played, but flozell is getting beat, and tore up
i answered the question on flozelll and you say go get one, where do you find left offensive tackles,

smoaky comments on it, just a tough position, and your exposed, im not defending flozell,

as far as backup QB, you got what you got

they worked on another holder with bollinger, then wade said i dont know, brad could be the holder so seems like to me, from what mickey said, they cant find a good holder for field goals besides brad johnson, thats it,

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I checked the weather the other day--sunny 50 degrees.....what hapen?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
lol, crazycowboy, been raining here cats and dogs in east texas and where smoaky is in tyler, some flooding,

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2413372 said:
dang we have to have felix jones against the Commanders, that is imperative
Obviously we need Romo, but a backup, rookie RB? I'd hope not.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
TheCount;2413435 said:

No, but we have to at least get Choice involved if Jones cannot go. I like Barber, but he is an inside runner, and when he goes outside, his speed doesn't scare anyone. At least Choice has a chance to break one once in a while, especially on screen and dump offs.

Yet, we choose not to use him, basically, at all.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrangler87;2413845 said:
No, but we have to at least get Choice involved if Jones cannot go. I like Barber, but he is an inside runner, and when he goes outside, his speed doesn't scare anyone. At least Choice has a chance to break one once in a while, especially on screen and dump offs.

Yet, we choose not to use him, basically, at all.

Barber's ability to bounce laterally is one of his best assets. It's his flat speed that's the question, but it doesn't keep him from breaking 20+ yard runs.

What Felix brings that Barber and Choice don't is the ability to score on a running play from any place on the field. That's pretty important to a big-play offense that's seeing its WRs doubled and to a team with a defense geared to playing with a lead.

odog422

Reaction score
Idgit;2413974 said:
Barber's ability to bounce laterally is one of his best assets. It's his flat speed that's the question, but it doesn't keep him from breaking 20+ yard runs.

Barber's biggest problem is that he tries to bounce too much. He is best north/south. When he tries to bounce more than once, he removes the physicality from his runs and lacks the outside speed to do more than get easily pulled down.

I do agree this staff underused Felix in relief when he was healthy and Choice as well. The biggest concern about Barber coming into this year was the fact he had never been the guy. He is clearly better as a platoon runner.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I know he is trying to speak to me, I just know it..

Seriously, I can't understand a word of the orignal post with no capital letters and the only punctuation being comma's. Was it a question answer session with Micky?

jimmy40

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2413368 said:
talking about wet weather right now;

coming off the bye, mickey, lets put it in perspective do they have to win sunday
yes, they have to, if they are going to be what they are, they have to from a mental standpoint, feel good about yourself, and this could be a make or break the season kind of game

question about how Commanders revealed how to beat the cowboys; now the Commanders seems to be beat up; not sure if its reversed now, they did beat the cowboys by 2 points, last year, they won those kind of games now they are losing those type of games,

at some point you have to beat somebody good, and whats the best win the cowboys had this year, only other best game was over the 5-4 eagles;

yes, they dont have mulligans now, they have to get on a roll like win 5 or 6 in a row, you can win, then lose, then win, they have to get on a roll

in their history they have been in a roll, but last time on a roll was in 90's, so we havent seen this in a while, so if we dont see it this time you might see a lot of disappointed people

romo, yes, kosier, glue, witten, yes, jones i dont know, maybe later in the week, but to me, you need more than 2 practices to get in a game, i just think he is kinda iffy,

can you hide players practicing from reporting to the nfl question to mickey, no its not just worth the fines,possible draft picks you might lose,
commercial

Was Mickey talking to himself?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
odog422;2414031 said:
Barber's biggest problem is that he tries to bounce too much. He is best north/south. When he tries to bounce more than once, he removes the physicality from his runs and lacks the outside speed to do more than get easily pulled down.

I do agree this staff underused Felix in relief when he was healthy and Choice as well. The biggest concern about Barber coming into this year was the fact he had never been the guy. He is clearly better as a platoon runner.

He does move laterally--maybe too much--but I don't agree with you that he's best north/south. His lateral quickness is very, very good for a player as physical as he is. It lets him set up angles for when he does go upfield and makes it harder for players to take him on squarely. It's a huge part of his game. I know what you mean about him getting taken down while he's lateral, though, and it bugs me, too.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
odog422;2414031 said:

Agree wholeheartedly. As long as he picks his spots when to do each we're fine.

But lately I've been seeing him trying to get to the corner when we need tough yards, and its not working.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2414037 said:
I know he is trying to speak to me, I just know it..

Seriously, I can't understand a word of the orignal post with no capital letters and the only punctuation being comma's. Was it a question answer session with Micky?

I'm having trouble understanding the OP as well.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
mickey was talking to smoaky on ktbb and smoaky was asking mickey questions along with some fans calling in

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
normally i mention ktbb with david smoak, but some fans object to that, so not im just trying to say whom is talking like jay ratliff, or mickey spagnola or spears-canty, etc,

but you can get a lot of info on the david smoak show, ktbb.com

ones that i listen to are these;
ktbb.com in east tx, or they have a live channel on internet, cost $5 one time memmbership,
dfw sportsbeat fsn network
cowboys huddle fsn network
cowboys roundup same
jerry jones special edition
nfl network
espn

thats all i can think of right now,

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
TheCount;2413435 said:

With that in mind, Newman gonna be in football shape?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414484 said:
normally i mention ktbb with david smoak, but some fans object to that, so not im just trying to say whom is talking like jay ratliff, or mickey spagnola or spears-canty, etc,

but you can get a lot of info on the david smoak show, ktbb.com

ones that i listen to are these;
ktbb.com in east tx, or they have a live channel on internet, cost $5 one time memmbership,
dfw sportsbeat fsn network
cowboys huddle fsn network
cowboys roundup same
jerry jones special edition
nfl network
espn

thats all i can think of right now,

Remember to eat, dude.................. ;)

Kilyin

Reaction score
Who cares what the forecast is for Texas when the game is in DC?