RECAP: TNew on the ticket

Smith22

Reaction score
TNew coming up on the ticket. I will recap then head off to sleep.

Smith22

Reaction score
RECAP:

Newman said he felt great Wednesday and Thursday in practice. Loved the chance to redeem himself versus Moss.

TNew said he followed Moss in man coverage every time. Tried to move to his side in zone as well.

Tnew said he was a little lucky on the INT. He undercut it and located the ball. Glad he located the ball, he said he had to improve on that.

Mentioned he suffered a stinger on that big hit he laid on Moss.

TNew said Stewart challenged him to cover Moss 1 on 1 this week.

Feels great winning against 2nd leading rusher in the NFL. It was a big challenge to shut Portis and Moss down.

On the 4th and 4: TNew said Moss ran an under route, TNew was looking for the out. TNew said he located the ball and got a hand in.

On the deep ball, Newman said the ball carried and that is why he misplayed it in the air.

That is all.

Smith22

Reaction score
Romo is up next but I have to sleep some.

Night all. Great win!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the recap.
Smith22;2424622 said:
Mentioned he suffered a stinger on that big hit he laid on Moss.
I thought so. The way he came up with his arm just kind of dangling out there I knew something happened. If I recall, he only missed one play. Nice to have him back and healthy.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Great recap. Thank you.

Never under-estimate the heart and talent of # 41!

That is 2! Two times he gets the assignment, two times he shuts him down!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Thanks for the recap

Having Newman back and healthy improves our secondary immensly

Reaction score
Newman served the rest of the NFL notice tonight on national TV.... His half of the field is off limits once again! :laugh2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yep, only other thing newman mentioned maybe to take notice, he felt super wednesday and thursday; but when game started his legs got somewhat dead underneath him, so he has to work through that

point im trying to make here,
first i love the way newman played, loved it, but with him not playing in about 6 weeks, if adam jones comes back and we should find out this week from the commissioner, it might take a week or two for adam jones to get back into shape, rhythm down, etc,

i am serioiusly hoping we can move henry to free safety, play newman and adam jones at corner, scandrick at the slot, and jenkins improving, but jenkins must work on his tackling