Recieving Corp by committee a disaster so far

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The concept you are looking for is "snakebit."

You know like when they spend a 2nd on a guy with nerve damage in his leg and he continues to struggle in year 3. Or when a 2nd is used on a guy addicted to a banned substance and he is repeatedly suspended or when they think they can just plug skinny guys into the OL and everything will be just dandy. Snakebit!
Taking an occasional risk might be considered cursed or snakebit but repetitive risk is bordering on idiocy or demonstrative.

CWR

Reaction score
Yea, but all off season we are drilled that the problem was our recievers not getting separation and running good routes?

Maybe it was a combination of many different problems that hurt our offense last year.

superonyx

Reaction score
If the film shows the receivers were consistently getting open can we really put all the blame on them?

This is like any other unit we've overhauled in the past few years. It wasnt long ago we had no DL, or our secondary was trash. Its going to take a year or two before our receivers are up to snuff, but I still think we can get by with these guys.
Good point.
But I’m not sure we as fans have really seen this in the film. I saw the YouTube guys video blaming Dak and while I see some legit points I also believe you could make the same videos of all of Brady or Rodgers incomplete passes and find some guy somewhere on the field that looked open for a few seconds.

Craps bad when the problem looks to be in so many areas you can’t even know who is to blame.

I know if it continues then we may need to just throw out the baby with the bath water and look for sweeping changes to Personnel and coaches.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
dude you obviously missed all the videos and tape from game 1 a disaster? Dak missed many and I mean Many wide open TE and WR..period, you have to hit the open guys..this was on Dak..Disaster after game 1 is laughable use of word..they did nothing wrong..I saw open guys and balls not being delivered..which WR dropped passes and ran wrong routes? you are WAY off.
But but but... we were told all off season all we needed was recievers who could run routes creating separation that Dez and Witten were washed up.

Your telling me that wasn’t the cause to our passing game deficiency?

And Jerry’s rhetoric in Linehans playcalling is all scapegoating ? Say it isn’t so :)

Rayman70

Reaction score
But but but... we were told all off season all we needed was recievers who could run routes creating separation that Dez and Witten were washed up.

And Jerry’s rhetoric in Linehans playcalling is all scapegoating ? Say it isn’t so :)
that's the case..It was 1 game. Lets see what they do over a 4-5 game stretch.

birdwells1

Reaction score
dude you obviously missed all the videos and tape from game 1 a disaster? Dak missed many and I mean Many wide open TE and WR..period, you have to hit the open guys..this was on Dak..Disaster after game 1 is laughable use of word..they did nothing wrong..I saw open guys and balls not being delivered..which WR dropped passes and ran wrong routes? you are WAY off.

I agree, take this receiving corp to New England or New Orleans and see how they'll play. It's on the qb.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There were a lot of open receivers. A lot.
and I agree. Dak needs to be better. I think its all mental. He's a streaky dude. Once he completes a couple,I think you will see a much better decision maker. Right now he's over thinking. Maybe its due to all the change on the oline,MAYBE its the changes at WR and TE. MAYBE its all of the above. He's a helluva QB when he's decisive and confident.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree, take this receiving corp to New England or New Orleans and see how they'll play. It's on the qb.
So, you’re saying a QB can elevate a recieving Corp?

I thought we were under the impression that Dez and our recieving Corp was holding back our QB?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If we had a qb that could throw the ball and the wr were dropping passes or not getting open you would have a point. From the film I watched, the only issue with the the offense was the qb. Fix that and you will fix the offense.

CPanther95

Reaction score
In my mind, it's as stupid as if you lost Frederick and Tyron in the offseason and then claimed you were going to address it with an "Offensive Line by Committee" approach.

Rayman70

Reaction score
winning can mask a ton of issues guys. We win this week, and things look MUCH BETTER suddenly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In my mind, it's as stupid as if you lost Frederick and Tyron in the offseason and then claimed you were going to address it with an "Offensive Line by Committee" approach.
But but but ... recall how well our running back by committee worked . Wait.. lol

I’m beginning to believe that Stephen is not only a cheapskate but a blithering Idiot . Bring Jerry back.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
and I agree. Dak needs to be better. I think its all mental. He's a streaky dude. Once he completes a couple,I think you will see a much better decision maker. Right now he's over thinking. Maybe its due to all the change on the oline,MAYBE its the changes at WR and TE. MAYBE its all of the above. He's a helluva QB when he's decisive and confident.
I agree with that, but he's just not a natural thrower of the football down the field. He's always been slow to see and execute outside of maybe 10 yards. That's not new this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
But but but ... recall how well our running back by committee worked . Wait.. lol

I’m beginning to believe that Stephen is not only a cheapskate but a blithering Idiot . Bring Jerry back.
lmao..oh Jerral IS THERE...only is body. He no longer has the mental capacity to make a decision on Players. Stevie is good in some ways,but too cheap. At least Jerry knew when it was time to get a hired gun. Will McClay needs to get more involved.

birdwells1

Reaction score

Dez isn't washed up, with a competent qb he's still and 70-80 catch 1000 yard wr, the last 3 years he was playing with subpar qbs.

I saw the all22 and the wrs weren't given a chance because the qb wouldn't pull the trigger, they can't throw it to themselves.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree with that, but he's just not a natural thrower of the football down the field. He's always been slow to see and execute outside of maybe 10 yards. That's not new this year.
Its timing. Dak needs everything to be on schedule...ie the pass blocking, the route running,the cuts...EVERYTHING. Problem is, we have a bunch of new players in front of him and he's clearly unsure about them. He's gotta trust them and let it fly..AND STOP THINKIN. He's not trusting his reads and trusting his guys..he's putting too much thought into it and when that happens,nothing good can happen.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Another post from someone who apparently did not see the game. The receivers were open. All game

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Whoever thought this recieving Corp would be ok should be fired.

You can’t come in with less talent and expect better results. It’s amazing we expect our coaching to elevate lesser talent . Lol

We want to place blame everywhere but the talent or lack of it.

Don’t buy the rhetoric coming out of front office and Jerry. They’re just trying to cover up their poor personnel decisions.

Our passing offense is struggling because of a lack of talent.

I agree the TEs are trash. I disagree on the WRs. I think Gallup is going to be very good. Rest of the crew is solid. Not great but ok. If I was going to bash anyone it would be T Williams. That guy...

IMO the upcoming draft's first 2 picks are WR and TE.