Recieving Corp by committee a disaster so far

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree with that, but he's just not a natural thrower of the football down the field. He's always been slow to see and execute outside of maybe 10 yards. That's not new this year.
I'm going to respectively disagree on the natural thrower thing. Go back to his college days and watch him. MY GAWD...they asked him to throw the rock a ton and he did so beautifully. He carried those teams.Go look at 2016. Did we imagine it or did he have some long accurate throws? Did 2016 happen? He was rated the top..or at least in the top 2 of accurate QB's in 2016 and was great on his deep passes. I think the cast around him has hurt him. Including Linehan.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its timing. Dak needs everything to be on schedule...ie the pass blocking, the route running,the cuts...EVERYTHING. Problem is, we have a bunch of new players in front of him and he's clearly unsure about them. He's gotta trust them and let it fly..AND STOP THINKIN. He's not trusting his reads and trusting his guys..he's putting too much thought into it and when that happens,nothing good can happen.
So, none of this was developed in offseason or training camp?

When exactly can we expect him to stop thinkin?

birdwells1

Reaction score
So, you’re saying a QB can elevate a recieving Corp?

I thought we were under the impression that Dez and our recieving Corp was holding back our QB?

Yeah Romo elevated Laurent Robinson and Patrick Crayton, Brady elevates everyone even Gronk (although he would be good elsewhere). Look at the Broncos wrs as soon as Manning left. Dez's numbers fell when the level of qbing fell. We have not had a quality passer since Romo left.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Another post from someone who apparently did not see the game. The receivers were open. All game
Like I said..he has to trust the guys. All game? lol..no..I think your not giving Carolina near enough credit. Dak deserves plenty of blame,but much goes to the youngsters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree the TEs are trash. I disagree on the WRs. I think Gallup is going to be very good. Rest of the crew is solid. Not great but ok. If I was going to bash anyone it would be T Williams. That guy...

IMO the upcoming draft's first 2 picks are WR and TE.
I would agree with the upcoming draft except if we end up going for another key position.

And I hope Gallup can become a productive starter. He appears to have potential.

I think the bigger issue is we were sold that this recieving Corp was potentially going to be an upgrade or at least not a drop off from our two top recievers. Was this possibly a poor analysis at least for this year?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think the problems are far deeper than the receiving corps.
Linehan,Oline, wr's, poor pass blocking by Zeke on more than 1 occasion...poor play by the tightends...Daks hesitation instead of making his reads and trusting what he sees(OVER THINKING).

dstew60105

Reaction score
Whoever thought this recieving Corp would be ok should be fired.

You can’t come in with less talent and expect better results. It’s amazing we expect our coaching to elevate lesser talent . Lol

We want to place blame everywhere but the talent or lack of it.

Don’t buy the rhetoric coming out of front office and Jerry. They’re just trying to cover up their poor personnel decisions.

Our passing offense is struggling because of a lack of talent.

Over-reaction alert

Rayman70

Reaction score
I THINK KSK UNDERSTAND THIS. We are team that's heavily run first and run heavy. That's what we are. When that gets bottled up, Dak has to trust what he see's. He didn't do that last week.Its a mental adjustment he must make. We are a running team that MUST be able to pound the rock and control clock. We haven't been a pass heavy team in years. Once Dak starts believing in his new guys and Zeke gets going,Katy bar the door! We will be very good.If our D plays like they did last week,each week..we will be in a lot of games.

Rayman70

Reaction score

hesitating...if you notice he hesitates..like he's a half a beat too slow processing what he see's. Is that rust? MAYBE so..who knows. He's gotta correct that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But but but... we were told all off season all we needed was recievers who could run routes creating separation that Dez and Witten were washed up.

Your telling me that wasn’t the cause to our passing game deficiency?

And Jerry’s rhetoric in Linehans playcalling is all scapegoating ? Say it isn’t so :)
actually last year was last year and Dez has never really been open the last few years its why they call him a 50/50 guy/,witten was open but 5 yard down the field. Dak is missing the chunk plays 15+ yards down field guys breaking open and hes not seeing it...this is new year we have one game to go on and the Tape doesnt lie, not what they showed on TV but the breakdown shows so many wide open TEs and WRs its sad we lost by 8 points and couldn't move the ball..i have been a Dak apologist all late last year and offseason but im starting to feel like others, he just isn't playing with confidence..hes hesitant, holds the ball too long, and only seeing half the field..

Rayman70

Reaction score
actually last year was last year and Dez has never really been open the last few years its why they call him a 50/50 guy/,witten was open but 5 yard down the field. Dak is missing the chunk plays 15+ yards down field guys breaking open and hes not seeing it...this is new year we have one game to go on and the Tape doesnt lie, not what they showed on TV but the breakdown shows so many wide open TEs and WRs its sad we lost by 8 points and couldn't move the ball..i have been a Dak apologist all late last year and offseason but im starting to feel like others, he just isn't playing with confidence..hes hesitant, holds the ball too long, and only seeing half the field..
in a way Dak got spoiled to checking the ball down to Witt. Now he struggling processing things because he is gone. Its gonna take him some time to adjust.

Rayman70

Reaction score
watch out though if he gets his mojo back. We will be dangerous down the home stretch.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The recipe for Dak getting his confidence back is 2 fold. Its Linehan and Zeke...Once that happens then the passing game will open up better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke and that oline is our bread and butter. Priority 1. We will always go how they go. That's how we are built. If that goes south Sunday night we will lose in embarrassing fashion.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to respectively disagree on the natural thrower thing. Go back to his college days and watch him. MY GAWD...they asked him to throw the rock a ton and he did so beautifully. He carried those teams.Go look at 2016. Did we imagine it or did he have some long accurate throws? Did 2016 happen? He was rated the top..or at least in the top 2 of accurate QB's in 2016 and was great on his deep passes. I think the cast around him has hurt him. Including Linehan.
He can be accurate down the field, but he doesn't do it naturally. He has had trouble seeing and throwing down the field since day 1 but defenses caught up to it and here we are.

kskboys

Reaction score

And there's the biggest problem.

It's like they expect Dak to go straight from the stroller to the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would agree with the upcoming draft except if we end up going for another key position.

And I hope Gallup can become a productive starter. He appears to have potential.

I think the bigger issue is we were sold that this recieving Corp was potentially going to be an upgrade or at least not a drop off from our two top recievers. Was this possibly a poor analysis at least for this year?
Not yet. You're trying to come to a definite conclusion way too early.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Dak is the Jason Garrett of QBs. He needs everyone else to perform at elite level for him to look good.