Recipe to Beat the Browns

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Though personally I don’t believe we can beat them, there are formulas out there to do so. And thankfully, the Ravens found this out for us. I posted some videos above.

Dallas should really study these videos. The defensive formations they take, how their offense exploited Garrett and Co. Now, I know what you're all thinking:

"our defense is not capable of doing plays like this" or "we don't play defense like this"

Would it hurt to try? Would it hurt to adapt? Would it hurt to train? That's how the Patriots win. They go in with a different game plan every week to adapt to the other team. Dallas seems allergic to this idea. I don't know how to help this defense. The WR's here aren't as fast as Seattle's so hopefully we won't get as burnt trying to catch up, but still.

Offensively, I know Dak is different from Jackson, as is our O-line. But, again we can try. With more practice and possibly Tyron coming back, I'm sure we can run similar formations and run the same styles.
Dak vs. Jackson. Alrighty. Two very different QB's. Jackson. Fast. Running. Not as great a passer, but his legs are 10x the threat Dak's are. Dak. More like a Russell Wilson lite. Not as great the passer as Wilson, not as much as a threat as he is with his legs, but he's formidable enough in both categories. Here's the thing: Browns secondary isn't great. We need to start out passing. Usually we start with the run, but not here. Pass. Pass. Pass. They will tighten up in the secondary.

Does anyone think they're studying the Ravens gameplan for this or no? Do you think Dallas will be effective against the Browns? Why or why not? Let's keep this discussion light and airy, please.

Bonus question: what do you think the score will be?

Jipper

Reaction score
If the defense doesn’t show up we’re gonna lose another one 45 to 43

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think it is pretty simple game plan really - sell out to stop the run - 7 -8 man in the box and run blitz them until they concede. Make Baker beat us. Play man D with safety help on OBJ and let's take our chances. Sitting in Zone has killed us this year with no one knowing who has who. The fix is simple, - see the guy across from you, don't let him catch a pass. Problem solved or another one created but it won't be who has who problems.

On O - just do what we do and we will be fine. This O can be special, they just have to quit making mental mistakes like fumbling and throwing picks.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Cleveland is going to challenge Dallas to stop the run similar to what the Rams did. But Cle has a better OL and superior RBs.

catiii

Reaction score
Cleveland is going to challenge Dallas to stop the run similar to what the Rams did. But Cle has a better OL and superior RBs.
Look for 21 Cleveland points to be from untouched runs up the middle.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Though personally I don’t believe we can beat them, there are formulas out there to do so. And thankfully, the Ravens found this out for us. I posted some videos above.

Dallas should really study these videos. The defensive formations they take, how their offense exploited Garrett and Co. Now, I know what you're all thinking:

"our defense is not capable of doing plays like this" or "we don't play defense like this"

Would it hurt to try? Would it hurt to adapt? Would it hurt to train? That's how the Patriots win. They go in with a different game plan every week to adapt to the other team. Dallas seems allergic to this idea. I don't know how to help this defense. The WR's here aren't as fast as Seattle's so hopefully we won't get as burnt trying to catch up, but still.

Offensively, I know Dak is different from Jackson, as is our O-line. But, again we can try. With more practice and possibly Tyron coming back, I'm sure we can run similar formations and run the same styles.
Dak vs. Jackson. Alrighty. Two very different QB's. Jackson. Fast. Running. Not as great a passer, but his legs are 10x the threat Dak's are. Dak. More like a Russell Wilson lite. Not as great the passer as Wilson, not as much as a threat as he is with his legs, but he's formidable enough in both categories. Here's the thing: Browns secondary isn't great. We need to start out passing. Usually we start with the run, but not here. Pass. Pass. Pass. They will tighten up in the secondary.

Does anyone think they're studying the Ravens gameplan for this or no? Do you think Dallas will be effective against the Browns? Why or why not? Let's keep this discussion light and airy, please.

Bonus question: what do you think the score will be?

Lol, now I'm craving brownies.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, now I'm craving brownies.
Haha...I have similar thoughts all the time. I’ll be watching a Kung ** movie and want Asian food, the God Father, Good Fellas, etc I start craving Italian food. Started craving seafood last time I watched Jaws.

It won’t even take a movie a lot of times, it can be a person, a sport, a team, etc. Man U vs Arsenal? Shepard's Pie please! U.S vs Mexico? Street tacos! I almost made hard tack for a civil war movie I watch every year. It’s just lard and flour but I couldn’t find any weevils to make it authentic, lol.

I guess we’re not the only weird ones, I saw someone who is a regular poster (can’t remember who) was basing their menu off of what teams were playing. Philly was cheese steaks, NO was BBQ shrimp...

The thing is normally it’s so bad that I have to act on it or I won’t stop thinking about it.

Corso

Reaction score
Haha...I have similar thoughts all the time. I’ll be watching a Kung ** movie and want Asian food, the God Father, Good Fellas, etc I start craving Italian food. Started craving seafood last time I watched Jaws.

It won’t even take a movie a lot of times, it can be a person, a sport, a team, etc. Man U vs Arsenal? Shepard's Pie please! U.S vs Mexico? Street tacos! I almost made hard tack for a civil war movie I watch every year. It’s just lard and flour but I couldn’t find any weevils to make it authentic, lol.

I guess we’re not the only weird ones, I saw someone who is a regular poster (can’t remember who) was basing their menu off of what teams were playing. Philly was cheese steaks, NO was BBQ shrimp...

The thing is normally it’s so bad that I have to act on it or I won’t stop thinking about it.
Kung Foo movies? Dude! Check out Ninja Warlord! Ooh! Even better! Robo Vampire!

Robo

Vampire

aria

Reaction score
Kung Foo movies? Dude! Check out Ninja Warlord! Ooh! Even better! Robo Vampire!

Robo

Vampire
Alright. I’m skeptical based on mainly the name but the source of recommendation as well. For some reason I feel like I won’t be able to make it more than 20 minutes but I’ll let you know when I try. Gimme a week or so. (talking about Robo, Ninja sounds legit).

Corso

Reaction score
Alright. I’m skeptical based on mainly the name but the source of recommendation as well. For some reason I feel like I won’t be able to make it more than 20 minutes but I’ll let you know when I try. Gimme a week or so. (talking about Robo, Ninja sounds legit).
Neither are legit. lol!
Go in knowing you're going to watch very unintentional comedy (they really thought they were making a good movie) and enjoy it as such.

Corso

Reaction score
One thing I will add:
The beginning credits (which are simply still pictures to actually cool, Shaft-like music) on Ninja Warlord may make you audibly curse me.
lol!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Las Vegas has the Cowboys as a 5-point favorite to beat the Browns this Sunday.
You've gotta like those odds! I know I do! :grin:

Cowboys, 31, Browns, 24

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Neither are legit. lol!
Go in knowing you're going to watch very unintentional comedy (they really thought they were making a good movie) and enjoy it as such.
Knowing this helps a lot, so I have to get in the right frame of mind, got it. I’ve seen some really good Kung movies but I honestly don’t remember most, I usually randomly pick them. KF Hustle was good and I’m also a big fan of all the IP Man movies. I should have rated all the KF movies so I’d actually remember them.

aria

Reaction score
I'm certain we are of the highest degree of agreement on this, my good friend.
Very, very, very interesting with regards to Cern. Not surprised with Corso, IMOF I’d be shocked if he didn’t use the “highest quality of ingredients” being from Austin and all. Austinites are fanatics about their food!

Corso

Reaction score
Knowing this helps a lot, so I have to get in the right frame of mind, got it. I’ve seen some really good Kung movies but I honestly don’t remember most, I usually randomly pick them. KF Hustle was good and I’m also a big fan of all the IP Man movies. I should have rated all the KF movies so I’d actually remember them.
Kung Foo Hustle is a great movie.

I generally talk about movies that you'd watch after coming home from a bender at 3 in the morning and you can't help, but laugh til you inevitably pass out.

Corso

Reaction score
Very, very, very interesting with regards to Cern. Not surprised with Corso, IMOF I’d be shocked if he didn’t use the “highest quality of ingredients” being from Austin and all. Austinites are fanatics about their food!
I have a personal purveyor in ABQ, thank you. And it's not @ABQCOWBOY . He's my salsa partner. His knees are creaking, but I pretend to ignore it. He'll never read this, so it's okay/
Everything passes the FDA, by the by. I'm all about organics.

aria

Reaction score
Kung Foo Hustle is a great movie.

I generally talk about movies that you'd watch after coming home from a bender at 3 in the morning and you can't help, but laugh til you inevitably pass out.
Then I highly recommend Love Witch. One of the “best” movies I’ve seen in recent memory. It was hilarious sober, drinking was ok and I can only dream of how awesome it would be with some smoke or a variation there of. Only ~12-14 more years :(