Redball Express Soap Box-True to our DNA

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Ok..

My first Soap Box discussion..

Are we being true to our DNA lately.?

If so, do you like it or hate it?

When I say "our DNA' I mean our reputation as an organization to sign, work with and play players who have had problems.

There is another thread here about Dwain Thomas and the story on him.

Got me thinking.

Take Aldon Smith as an example. Troubled guy, huge talent, out of football 4 years..we sign him.

Randy Gregory. You know the story.

Numerous others.

I say this is part of who we are and you either love it or hate it.

So what do you guys think?

Over to you.

Let's see, I have regular popcorn, butter popcorn, sea salt flavor, caramel popcorn for the diabetics and garlic salt and cheddar cheese popcorn.

Take your choice and have a seat and let's chat. Refreshments in the next thread.

I want to do this sort of like Cowherd does his show. You know he has guests, they chat, he leads, he asks questions. No beautiful assistant yet, though.

Carry on.

:omg:

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who are the numerous others? Are you talking current roster. Seems like it since you only mentioned Smith and Gregory before that statement.
If talking the past, that is history. Why drag up that, though many will anyway.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok..

When I say "our DNA' I mean our reputation as an organization to sign, work with and play players who have had problems.

Got me thinking.

Take Aldon Smith as an example. Troubled guy, huge talent, out of football 4 years..we sign him.

Numerous others.

Over to you.

Let's see, I have regular popcorn, butter popcorn, sea salt flavor, caramel popcorn for the diabetics and garlic salt and cheddar cheese popcorn.

Take your choice and have a seat and let's chat. Refreshments in the next thread.

I want to do this sort of like Cowherd does his show. You know he has guests, they chat, he leads, he asks questions. No beautiful assistant yet, though.

Carry on.

*Duane Thomas

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Who are the numerous others? Are you talking current roster. Seems like it since you only mentioned Smith and Gregory before that statement.
If talking the past, that is history. Why drag up that, though many will anyway.
I did not want to make a list and yes it is the past history.

But it still happens today.

The question is do you like it or not.

Not validation it has occurred.

It seems obvious it always has been.

What is it that bothers you?

Me?

The question?

What the question implies?

I am not making these decisions.

Your rebuttal needs more thought.

Thanks.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Ok..

Got me thinking.

Numerous others.

Over to you.

Carry on.

Where'd you find caramel popcorn for diabetics?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least give the poor guy a like!!!
I did! Satisfied?

YOU on the other hand...

giphy.gif

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s all about the locker room chemistry camaraderie. That’s my personal opinion. I don’t care about your history. I care about your current enthusiasm

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it amusing when people complain about bringing in guys who are not "boy scouts" and others who complain because we won't bring in or draft guys with issues saying we already have enough "boy scouts"

Darned if you do, Darned if you don't.

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you fall on...or in some cases, off.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ok..

Got me thinking.

Numerous others.

Over to you.

Carry on.

I think we need to work on the attractive assistant part FIRST. The strip clubs are closed and I am sure you can add an assistant cheaply right now.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s all about the locker room chemistry camaraderie. That’s my personal opinion. I don’t care about your history. I care about your current enthusiasm

This is an easy fix. You hire Ray Lewis as an attitude adjustment coach. He will literally kill them. It will keep the minions in line.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is an easy fix. You hire Ray Lewis as an attitude adjustment coach. He will literally kill them. It will keep the minions in line.
Yeah, yeah.

Minions in line..minions in line.

Must have minions in line.