1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Redskins rookie tested positive

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by unionjack8, May 20, 2020.

1. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

14,515 Messages
    15,458 Likes Received

Furboy likes this.
  2. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    5,257 Likes Received
    I'm shocked he made it. I figured he'd be in the ground within 3 days of being diagnosed, based on how this has been handled by our society in general.

This is truly a feel good story. This guy really beat the odds.

RJ_MacReady, Ghost12, Furboy and 2 others like this.
  3. Robbieac

Robbieac Well-Known Member

2,932 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    No kidding. This dude is a true warrior and a hero!

In previous eras, people fought Hitler, fascists, communists, and terrorists.

Now, we have a war of our own that makes us equally courageous! We can someday tell our grandchildren about our war against this threat!!!!!

4. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,625 Messages
    10,949 Likes Received
    Truth be told, he like millions of others wouldn't know they had the virus without being tested.

Grenic and Robbieac like this.
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    Its kind of like the Tom Hanks scene in "Saving Private Ryan".

“- Captain Miller: Do you know how many trolls I've slapped under my command?

- Sergeant Horvath: How many?

- Captain Miller: Ninety-four. But that means I've troll slapped ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even 20, right? Twenty times as many? And that's how simple it is. That's how you... that's how you rationalize making the choice between the mission and the man.”

Robbieac likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    And how many people have had a really bad flu that could have been fatal if it had gotten worse? About ten years ago I had a super bad regular flu and if it had gotten worse I felt like I could have died. My wife was taking great care of me and she kept telling me to go to the Hospital. And I am definitely in the low risk group.

Robbieac likes this.
  7. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,625 Messages
    10,949 Likes Received
    Tens of thousands of people perish from the flu every year in the US. Many millions more get it and manage to fight through it one way or another.

Hadenough and Kaiser like this.
  8. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

11,167 Messages
    10,604 Likes Received
    About the only thing positive in Washington.

Jake and MichaelWinicki like this.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,159 Messages
    9,190 Likes Received
    We'll hit 100k dead from Covid-19 in the next few days. This is despite social distancing measures.

Comparisons to the seasonal flu are ignorant. We have vaccines for the flu. Many of those vaccinated get the flu but fight it off quickly due to immunization. We've also got folks with carryover immunity from one year to the next.

Anyone comparing this to the flu has no clue

dragon_mikal likes this.
  10. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,625 Messages
    10,949 Likes Received
    who compared it to the flu? Less than half the population gets a flu shot.

Kaiser, Robbieac and zrinkill like this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    He was originally agreeing with posters here that compared COVID to an asteroid hitting the Earth or the US Civil War, which killed an equivalent of 6 Million people.

Those posters quit posting for some reason.

jwitten82, BoysForLife and Robbieac like this.
  12. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

6,104 Messages
    5,378 Likes Received
    I'm 53 and I've never had a flu shot.

BoysForLife likes this.
  13. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,441 Messages
    36,279 Likes Received
    Athletes in their 20s and 30s aren't dying from this virus. For them it's a case of the flu. Let's pull back the fear and get these guys back to doing what they do best.

Crowds? That's another matter. Limit them to maintain social distancing then let the games begin. Life has to return at some point. Let's start now.

14. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,159 Messages
    9,190 Likes Received
    You remain oddly silent on the Lancet article that blows your sad preprint to shreds.

You wanna post about me, do it honorably and tag me. Otherwise it just shows you can't handle having your arguments dismantled

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    I've posted for weeks that @AbeBeta is a blind hater who has absolutely no clue what @AbeBeta is talking about. That he substitutes cable channel chatter for any knowledge of life science.

I've posted repeatedly on the Lancet article and that I haven't gone through it yet, but Tabscocat is. There is an entire thread about it that @AbeBeta is oddly silent about.

When @AbeBeta posted that the US FDA gave HCQ Emergency Use approval solely because of one article from Raoult, his arguments come pre-dismantled.

Robbieac and BoysForLife like this.
  16. nalam

nalam The realist

4,796 Messages
    1,926 Likes Received
    Come on! NFL athlete is not a common middle ager with pre existing conditions.

17. BoysForLife

3,896 Messages
    5,257 Likes Received
    Me neither

And never will. Ditto a Corona shot (if one is ever introduced)

18. BoysForLife

3,896 Messages
    5,257 Likes Received
    Hundreds of millions of Americans are in good to decent shape with no pre existing conditions. Yet they are constantly told they should be terrified of this virus. I'm just repeating what I've been told every day for months. Don't blame me

Robbieac and Jammer like this.
  19. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

6,104 Messages
    5,378 Likes Received
    I'm not taking that either. But know that they will try to push or force this.

BoysForLife likes this.
  20. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    I came in here to make a joke about how the only positive thing about the Redskins was a covid test.

Buuuut it's just the same people arguing the same tired old arguments. Everyone trying to prove they see the truth and everyone else isnt as well-informed and/or intelligent. Sigh.

So, have fun I guess.

daschoo likes this.