1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Redskins rookie tested positive

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by unionjack8, May 20, 2020.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    Dr Birx is telling people to do every possible measure including wearing masks outdoors. So why doesn't she say that Lancet article "blows HCQ out of the water?"

Because it doesn't, its just the Cardio issues like I said. Only a couple of clowns here think it "blows HCQ out of the water", this is what Birx actually said -

"I think the FDA has been very clear on their website about their concerns about hydroxychloroquine, particularly when it's combined with a macrolide," she told reporters Friday at a White House press briefing, referring to a class of antibiotics such as azithromycin or clarithromycin.

2. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    Bahahahaha <one sec, I need a breath> Hahahahahahaha

First, there are 350 million people in this country, so we barely even have a population in the "hundreds of millions".

Second, the National Center for Health Statistics found that in 2015-2016, of Americans aged 20 or over,
    • 71.6% were overweight or worse
    • 39.8% were obese or worse
    • 7.6% were severely obese
    So 28.4% of Americans aged 20 or over dont qualify as overweight. This is around 70 to 90 million people or so (I'm not sure exactly how many of our 350 million are aged 19 or below).

Of those 70-90 million people, not all are healthy, they just arent overweight. The vast majority could not be called "fit" or in "good to decent" shape.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  3. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    5,257 Likes Received
    I'm 5'9", 160 ish lbs.
    I jog 1-2 days per week. Lift weights 3 days per week.
    Walk when I play golf. Push mow my lawn. Etc.

And according to the BMI table hanging on the wall at my physicians office, I'm borderline obese.

I would not disagree with you when you say that America has a fitness problem to some extent. I mean, go to your local Walmart and walk around for an hour or so, you can't come to any other conclusion.

But I maintain that roughly 60% or so of our population does not fit into the "high risk" category and would be just fine most likely if they got Corona
    60% of our population is a couple hundred million people.

Even if I"m guessing high on my percentage, my assertion that hundreds of millions of Americans have little to fear isn't as far fetched as you are implying.

Kaiser, CowboysWillRise and Robbieac like this.
  4. DasSchnitzel

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    Oh hah I didnt even read your assertion about Corona risk. I just found the premise that our nation was healthy and in decent shape to be laughable. We're a gross people.

Yeah, carry on as you were. The amount of data we'd have to pull to accurately assess what percentage is high risk is well beyond the effort I'm willing to exert for a football forum. It involves underlying conditions, age ranges, weight ranges, other factors (some might not be known), correlating all this into one number. Not worth my time, so 40% sounds good enough to me for Cowboys Zone!

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    I bet you are fun at parties.

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  6. DasSchnitzel

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    I bet you weren't invited at all.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    Maybe slinging childish insults at each other and anyone who gets close, on a random low brow football forum, while simultaneously claiming the moral and intellectual highgrounds, is exactly how you both want to spend your time.

Too each his own, I guess.

BoysForLife likes this.
  8. DasSchnitzel

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    Nothing to see here guys. I hurt Kaiser's feelings in another thread and now he's trying really hard to reassert his self-worth.

You engage one guy one time and he starts assuming your motives and chasing down your posts and throwing insults and drawing false equivalencies. Yikes.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    This is hilarious. When you insulted me I did a copy and paste of what you wrote in the other thread. I would have thought the thread nanny would recognize it when his own words are copied verbatim.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/lancet-study-on-hydroxychloroquine.458651/page-5

BoysForLife likes this.
  10. DasSchnitzel

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    I recognized it...

Perhaps this will help you?

https://ideas.ted.com/5-ways-to-build-lasting-self-esteem/

Trying to be the smart guy on a football forum will not give you the self-worth or validation you seek.

11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,784 Messages
    23,145 Likes Received
    I agree this is not the flu but I would also say this is not ebola. Those who have come down with it we around a 98% recovery. I think taking some precaution is wise but I do think we have some who are over reacting to a virus that has a 98% or higher rate of full recovery.

Robbieac likes this.
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,637 Messages
    22,335 Likes Received
    The problem might not be the player, but what if he goes home to his wife who is recovering from breast cancer or he goes visit his dad who has diabetes, or he goes home to his daughter who has asthma?

Of do you plan to put the players in total isolation for 6 months?

And you think they are going to agree to this?

13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,637 Messages
    22,335 Likes Received
    The problem is 100,000 dead and that's just as of today, most models are predicting upwards of 150K by the fall.

Hard to tell people not to worry and go about your daily life when deaths are in the six figures.

Last time we had this many people die from a disease in a single year was what, 1918?

14. Doomsday101

96,784 Messages
    23,145 Likes Received
    I agree somewhat but I am also seeing reports that if you tested positive and were killed by something else it is going down as a Covid-19 as cause of death and frankly that is BS. I'm not trying to down play this but I also think some have gone over board with this. People at risk should be very careful with this but those same at risk people are just as much at risk for the flu. Who are the people who die from the flu? mostly elderly and those with other underlying illness. Again I am not down playing it but I am not freaking out over it either.

Kaiser likes this.
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    There are plenty of reports online and from posters here of someone dying for a accidental fall or heart attack and it was listed as COVID.

The NY Times ran a front page memorial listing the names of the victims as a subtle criticism of the US response. The 7th name on the list was someone who died of a gunshot and they issued a correction.

CowboysWillRise and Robbieac like this.
  16. Doomsday101

96,784 Messages
    23,145 Likes Received
    That is a concern, I want honest reports. Someone dying of a heart attack who had tested positive for Covid-19 and was not showing signs of the illness does not mean he died of Covid-19. Fact that is getting left out is many people have contracted it with very mild symptoms and recovery has been very good. True those who are up in age or has a pre condition this virus can be deadly but fact is those in that category who get the flu account for most of all flu related deaths. Healthy people get the flu and get over it

Kaiser likes this.
  17. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    We are months away from having an answer but it wouldn't surprise me if the adjusted numbers are the same as the 2018 flu season plus the NY/NJ/CT nursing home count.

Robbieac and BoysForLife like this.
  18. Doomsday101

96,784 Messages
    23,145 Likes Received
    I do think adjusted numbers will be less than what is being reported. Again I do not take it lightly, hell I have a pre-existing condition. My immune system is messed up and have RA, any time I do get the flu it is very hard to get over it and would hate to get infected with Covid virus. However I also expect honesty and there are a lot of reports of these numbers not being what is reported.

Kaiser likes this.
  19. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received
    Especially when you look at the map and basically a third of the deaths are New York, a third are the states around it and then the rest of the country combines for the other third.

Robbieac and BoysForLife like this.
  20. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,897 Messages
    25,095 Likes Received