Commanders trade 5th rd pick to Panthers for QB Kyle Allen

Qcard

Reaction score
Ron Rivera assembling his guys...just a matter of time before Cam is in DC

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think that's a poor decision for Carolina as he wasn't that poor in relief. Should have kept him as a backup, good job Washington.

SSoup

Reaction score
Carolina is all in the Lawrence sweepstakes
I know the Skins organization is a mess, but Rivera seemingly wins too much to earn the #1 pick, I think. The highest draft pick he's ever coached his team toward was, I think, 8th. (They're picking 7th this year, but they went 5-7 under Rivera before the firing. They're likely picking 10th or 11th if not for firing Rivera.)

He's not the kind of guy who lets things turn into an absolute mess to even get a top 5 pick. 6-10 type of teams don't pick #1 overall.

Now, if part of his hiring was him agreeing to give Haskins the entire year to see what he has, maybe Haskins flops badly enough to propel them to the top of the draft. But if they let him replace Haskins with anyone he trusts more, I think it'll be like his time in Carolina where there was a floor to how low he'd let them sink.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why trade for him though you can wait to get him when he’s cut or his contract is up. That being said, I don’t see Cam in the plans.

Currently Carolina is listening to trade offers for him so you can’t bank on him being released. After trading Allen Carolina may have to hang on to him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
CAR probably cleaning out the whole QB room. Bridgewater n Walker, plus a high draft pick is the plan, perhaps. But, what about Will Grier?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Kyle is a very serviceable back-up, and with the uncertainty of Haskins - I think it's a good move for both sides.

Props to the Panthers for flipping an UDFA for a 5th rounder.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kyle is a very serviceable back-up, and with the uncertainty of Haskins - I think it's a good move for both sides.

Props to the Panthers for flipping an UDFA for a 5th rounder.

yes, but no one is giving Jerry credit for trading a 6th round pick to Miami, and getting a possible 3rd round comp pick for Quinn, that no way they pay that much to keep him.
:laugh:

J817

Reaction score
yes, but no one is giving Jerry credit for trading a 6th round pick to Miami, and getting a possible 3rd round comp pick for Quinn, that no way they pay that much to keep him.
:laugh:

Don’t forget we got a 5th round comp pick this for for Beasley (who was a UDFA).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just more fall out for allowing Cousins to walk. The Commanders have been burning draft picks for 20+ years trying to find a QB.

To be honest, they are not completely sold on Haskins. Comments from Riveria and Doug Williams question his work ethic and maturity.