Referee bias? Nope

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There is one very good litmus test for this question....how many times every game do you see something called against us or not called on the other team (holding almost every pass play) that makes you come off the sofa and scream "what the flip".....versus penalties on the other team that make you go "WOW....did we really get one there".....I can watch a game with a very unbiased lens being hyper critical of this team due to the last 26 years, so I will tell you that a see VERY FEW penalties on our opponents that are not deserved.....not to mention the number of penalties versus our opponent that eliminate a big play....usually at a crucial time.

Have you watched a game with fans from other teams? How about when the Cowboys were dominating the league during the 90s?

I have.

The same reactions you experience; they experience too.

We cheat. The refs are in our hip pocket. Irvin pushes off too much, and the refs didn't call it. Drew Pearson pushed off. Where's the roughing penalty? The Cowboys Great Wall was holding but the refs won't call it.

Almost every fan base says the same thing, especially when their teams aren't very good.

And the perception has always been that the dominant teams get the benefit of the calls. It happened in every era of football. And it happens in millions of homes when fans believe their team should have won but the refs got in the way.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
which means you can get biased refs as well, right? IF the quality is poor?
No. It just means the refs need better training.

By the way, define "bias"?

That term keeps being tossed about, but I'd like to understand what you mean by it.

Thanks.

johneric8

Reaction score
Let's see ...

The game is rigged by the league.

It's all about money.

The Dallas Cowboys are the league's cash cow.

So the league colludes with the refs to prevent the Cowboys from winning and generating the league even more money, especially the Super Bowl when not just avid football fans but the world is tuned in and one of those teams is not the internationally popular Dallas Cowboys? :huh:

Okay, lets look at this another way... True the Cowboys bring in the ratings no matter what and this is a powerful piece of knowledge. No matter win or lose, the league generates it's profits from the visibility of the Cowboys, but on the flip side Jerry and Goodell have a strong dislike for one another.

It would also make the league look bad if they made it obvious they were trying to help the Cowboys get there in my opinion so they have to remain neutral within that situation... I also believe Jerry has found no favor with Roger Goodell and this relationship really hurts in terms of finding any potential favor.

So I'll sum it up- Cowboys are cash cow no matter what win or lose.. Jerry and Roger don't get along, tons of fans and people in the league hate the Cowboys.. I would say it's just as likely that they find no favor as find favor... One other tidbit and this is my personal opinion... I'm not here to judge a man, but I'm a Christian man and I believe that you reap what you sow. I believe that Jerry has show signs of ego mania, greed, pride, you name it... I think as long as he lives like King Harod, he will sow negative spiritual seed, and he will continue to reap what he sows..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Okay, lets look at this another way... True the Cowboys bring in the ratings no matter what and this is a powerful piece of knowledge. No matter win or lose, the league generates it's profits from the visibility of the Cowboys, but on the flip side Jerry and Goodell have a strong dislike for one another.

It would also make the league look bad if they made it obvious they were trying to help the Cowboys get there in my opinion so they have to remain neutral within that situation... I also believe Jerry has found no favor with Roger Goodell and this relationship really hurts in terms of finding any potential favor.

So I'll sum it up- Cowboys are cash cow no matter what win or lose.. Jerry and Roger don't get along, tons of fans and people in the league hate the Cowboys.. I would say it's just as likely that they find no favor as find favor... One other tidbit and this is my personal opinion... I'm not here to judge a man, but I'm a Christian man and I believe that you reap what you sow. I believe that Jerry has show signs of ego mania, greed, pride, you name it... I think as long as he lives like King Harod, he will sow negative spiritual seed, and he will continue to reap what he sows..

I agree with some parts of what you're saying, especially about greed.

But I can't agree with the scheme of not making it look as if the league favors the Cowboys. The Cowboys get their maximum share of prime time games for a reasons - and even when they aren't doing as well. And that's because of ratings. People love to see the Cowboys - whether they win or they lose.

I doubt very seriously if the games were rigged the league would try to keep Dallas out of the Super Bowl. Cowboys games get more eye balls than most of the other teams in the league. Translation: if the Cowboys are NOT competing for the Super Bowl, not as many eye balls and not as many dollars for the league.

But we can agree to disagree.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wish fans would stop with the conspiracy theories and claims of favoritism and simply look at how awful and inconsistent the officiating has become. Yes, they have blown calls against Dallas AND the rest of the NFL, just because it's not JUST Dallas doesn't negate the point.
I wish the blown calls were proportional across the league but that's not the case. I don't want the evidence to be so glaring that the league FO hates the Cowboys but it is. I don't like conspiracy theories any more than you do. So I encourage the league to cover its tracks better in the future.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What case study analyzing all 32 teams are you citing with this claim?
I watched every game this year from every team. Did you do the same? It's my observation that the Cowboys get a bigger proportion of the bad calls than other teams. I don't need a study to tell me what I saw with my own eyes.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm not here to judge a man, but I'm a Christian man and I believe that you reap what you sow. I believe that Jerry has show signs of ego mania, greed, pride, you name it... I think as long as he lives like King Harod, he will sow negative spiritual seed, and he will continue to reap what he sows..

And what should you reap sitting here sowing baseless accusations against officials while pointing in someone else's back yard? Physician, heal thyself.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I watched every game this year from every team. Did you do the same? It's my observation that the Cowboys get a bigger proportion of the bad calls than other teams. I don't need a study to tell me what I saw with my own eyes.

I didn't watch all games, but I'm not the one making claims of "malfeasance!" with nothing to back it up. Nor lying to compound a total lack of proof.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I didn't watch all games, but I'm not the one making claims of "malfeasance!" with nothing to back it up. Nor lying to compound a total lack of proof.
My observation is my observation. If you are disputing it then it is you that needs to provide the proof. ;)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

No you didn’t.

Lorne_Armstrong

Reaction score
You must have a lot of free time on your hands.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
“I watched ALL the football…” —JoeKing

99-F27-FCD-3-DCC-49-FD-AAF2-78-E62-A9-D5-E2-D.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's 272 games at over 816 hours which totals 34 days of watching NFL. That would mean you spend 48 hours each week watching football.

You must have a lot of free time on your hands.
I have NFL game pass and watch the "game in 40" that they provide of each game. I can watch 3 games in just two hours. I usually have every game watched by Wednesday.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I have NFL game pass and watch the "game in 40" that they provide of each game. I can watch 3 games in just two hours. I usually have every game watched by Wednesday.

Lool, they don’t typically include the plays that are nullified by penalties in those abbreviated games.