Twitter: Refs bailing like the Titanic from the NFL

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Good...Maybe the league is finally taking this seriously. Last season was probably the worst officiated season I can ever recall. Time to get rid of the clowns before the league is broken and unrepairable.:clap:

NotForLong

Reaction score
The NFL is an instrument of the ultra-secret Illuminati and harbingers of the New World Order who have begun to unleash their fury via sitck-it-to-ya conspiracies against the Cowboys and the Cowboys only. These officials want no part of that.
They just legalized gambling in America. Maybe these refs don't agree with the memo. All calls must 1st be approved by the bookmakers

DHCBF66

Reaction score

Lot's of referee turnover.

Terry McCauley
Ed Hochuli
Jeff Tripplette
Gene Steratore

Those are some of the main guys.

Goodell and Mara clearing the way for "their guys"!

wssaustin

Reaction score
Hope you are being sarcastic.
If there is corruption in NFL, Sherator is the worst one.

The SF vs Seattle NFC championship game is one of the most corrupted high-stake game in recent years;
Also the Dez-catch game, beyond that call, there were tons dropped ball by GB not being called.

Good riddence, actually I was hoping these retiring is due some some kind of federal investigation coming in. Half of these refs should be ended up in jail.

Dang :( Three of my favourite refs are gone. Gene and Terry were always about as unbiased as you get when it came to officiating. I rarely had a bad thing to say about those two when they would ref a Cowboys game, even when they would call an infraction on us. As for Ed, well, you know lol. Tripplette was always fun to listen to, but yeah, he's one I'm not surprised to see exit. I do hope that the NFL gets more unbiased refs like Gene and Terry.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The NFL is an instrument of the ultra-secret Illuminati and harbingers of the New World Order who have begun to unleash their fury via sitck-it-to-ya conspiracies against the Cowboys and the Cowboys only. These officials want no part of that.

Yes. And their obsession with equality of outcome will see all teams have at least 5 titles before the Cowboys get their sixth.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's a young man's game and it takes young men to effectively keep them in line.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The referees salary doesn't include the payoffs which average about $10,500 per game. The Super Bowl pays about 3x that.

They also started a 401k program for them with an annual deposit of $15k for each ref.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I do like the officiating turnover. I do think it helps there, but I also hope that the fresh crop of referees manage to not detract from the game any further than the game has detracted from itself already.
Those newly installed 'fresh & up-n-comers' are gonna flag the games outcomes and march in goosestepping fashion to the Goodell dictates,,, that whole 'leading with the helmet' rule going into effect this season is a virtual nightmare to properly enforce fairly,,,& these old CAT'S KNEW ITo_O

Hadenough

Reaction score
I will say that if you have ever been a referee at any level you would know every call you make there are people questioning it! I dont envy these guys who referee games. What the league needs to do is hire full time referees and get rid of instant replay.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The referees salary doesn't include the payoffs which average about $10,500 per game. The Super Bowl pays about 3x that.

They also started a 401k program for them with an annual deposit of $15k for each ref.
All these refs lawyers to begin with! They already make good money, how about hiring and training ordinary people giving them a full time job!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Maybe those guys don't want to be the ones to tell 80,000 fans that their RB who
just buried his head and bowled over a defender for a TD is being flagged for the
new penalty.... or maybe it's just a coincidence.
that's not new, been a rule for 2 or 3 years, no one calls it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
All these refs lawyers to begin with! They already make good money, how about hiring and training ordinary people giving them a full time job!
Train them how? Start them out reffing junior high, then high school, small college, big time college then on to the NFL if they're good enough?

RoboQB

Reaction score

It literally is new... part of the tackling rule this year. The claim is it will be called both ways.
I used a poor example but it falls under the whole "lead with your head" ban.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Just a note to clean my other post up a little bit:

NFL Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8

"It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent

Penalty:
loss of 15 yards. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.
The player may be disqualified."

This was passed in March 2018.

kskboys

Reaction score
Turnover is good IMO. I've not been a big fan of NFL officiating. Now that Silver has taken over the NBA, I find the NFL officiating to be the least credible. Of course that starts from the top with Goodell but I'll take what I can get.
Gooddell at the top? Now you're just being facetious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I follow both sports closely and the NBA isn’t even in the ballpark, compared to NFL officials, as being the most incompetent in all of pro sports.

They got 7 guys out there and have to look at replays — whether from challenges or by league decree — about every third-fourth play or so, and they STILL get the call wrong as often as not.
No joke. NBA officials know their job to decide the outcome of games and do a very good job of doing it!!!!