Refs for Cowboys vs Rams

Lutonio

Reaction score
His name and crew are not ones that immediately come to mind when I think of refs.

This is probably a good thing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I still don't understand how a multi billion dollar league won't train and pay refs adequately

I'm curious how you know either of those things. I used to audit a bank whose President was an NFL official (umpire to be precise, when they still stood behind the D line and got trucked sometimes). Not only did they go through annual training, they had to be in the city the day before the game for briefings and assignments.

What is it people expect? These aren't guys reffing games every day for 6 months like in baseball, basketball, or hockey. It's once a week for 4 months. Would calling them all "full time" make them magically better, as if they're going to punch a clock and spend 40 hours a week year round in training? :muttley:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
0 penalties in that game he called vs us in the Eagles game. That's actually terrifying. Not one single call. Ugh, lets do this thing.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Eh I don't think he's so great, i think he calls questionable stuff but as long as it's not Tony Correntis *** I'm happy

mugsybows

Reaction score
Not thrilled about the Eagles perfect game he called earlier this season. I don't remember the giants game. Anyone recall the calls in that?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
come on NFL you know you want the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game. Think of the ratings.
You'd think, but the NFL has sabotaged the Cowboys with dubious officiating in 2007, and other situations where it would have benefited the league to officiate fairly. Talk about biting the hand that feeds.