Regarding the new forum changes *** MERGED ***

wileedog

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1283751 said:
am I the only one who sees no inconvienence in clicking over on the quick jump bar on the bottom?

LOL, been here for 4K posts and never saw that. Never scrolled down that far.

You guys should move that up, maybe next to the "New Thread" button at the top.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
theogt;1283759 said:
I typically go to forums for two things: (1) information and (2) discussion.

Welp, tonight you're doing a good job at both of your intrests. Now, if we could just get ya to point and click...................;)

theogt;1283759 said:
Forums with more traffic tend to offer better quality of both.

Agreed. 100%.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wileedog;1283772 said:

Reality is working on something to that effect, so that's not a bad suggestion.

Obviously, we're still working out the kinks.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
theogt;1283768 said:
Which is easier? (1) Clicking on two different forums to have mulitple conversations or (2) having all the conversations in one forum.

Of course it's not a difficult task to switch back and forth, but is it an inconvenience? Sure.

Its not a matter of "easy" for me its a matter of convienence.

It is more convienent to find all articles and news in one spot without being cluttered with the usual nonsense/

After we lost to detroit within 6 minutes we were on page 3. thats 3 pages of new threads in 6 minutes. One of them could have had the cure for cancer posted in it but nobody would have known because it was off the front page in a matter of seconds.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
wileedog;1283772 said:

I think thats a great idea

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1283668 said:
Whenever I visit a new forum I go straight to one place -- where the most amount of posts are.
So, what you're really saying is that either 1) every user online is just like you or 2) every user online SHOULD be like you?

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1283728 said:
I think that's the point. The majority of people go to a single main forum because they find it most gratifying.
There you go making assumptions again .. How do you know most go to one forum?

What are you basing it on?

.. Post Counts? Most controversial, troll, etc. (aka: lower quality threads) will by far generate more replies.

.. Users Viewing Forum? There will be way more new threads in the Fan Zone than there will be in the Daily Zone so of course more people will be viewing the Fan Zone. In fact, because more controversial, troll, etc. threads will have more posts, they'll have a LOT more to read. In the Daily Zone, it will be much easier to read and get out than it will in the Fan Zone.

Stop acting like you know statistics by saying things like "most users" because you have absolutely no idea what "most users" on here do. The only person who knows that is me and only me.

-Reality

-Reality

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1283795 said:
moving the quick jump button isnt an idea?

How do I answer this? Yes it's an idea, but then there's the tiny issue that it was always really, really obvious there was one. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Reality;1283807 said:
There you go making assumptions again .. How do you know most go to one forum?

What are you basing it on?

.. Post Counts? Most controversial, troll, etc. (aka: lower quality threads) will by far generate more replies.

.. Users Viewing Forum? There will be way more new threads in the Fan Zone than there will be in the Daily Zone so of course more people will be viewing the Fan Zone. In fact, because more controversial, troll, etc. threads will have more posts, they'll have a LOT more to read. In the Daily Zone, it will be much easier to read and get out than it will in the Fan Zone.

Stop acting like you know statistics by saying things like "most users" because you have absolutely no idea what "most users" on here do. The only person who knows that is me and only me.

-Reality

-Reality
Traffic. Ask goshan about it. Apparently he does this stuff for a living.

By the way, I was saying that was his point. His point was the more users go there. I wasn't saying it was true or not. I was saying it was his point.

Start reading the posts before you overreact.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions on the forum changes.

I am closing this thread now because there is nothing new being suggested.

Any new threads on this subject will be deleted immediately.

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1283817 said:
Traffic. Ask goshan about it. Apparently he does this stuff for a living.

By the way, I was saying that was his point. His point was the more users go there. I wasn't saying it was true or not. I was saying it was his point.

Start reading the posts before you overreact.
You have stated several times that "most users do this" and "most users do that" .. this had nothing to do with any other user. YOU made the claims ..

Whether someone does it for a living or not is irrelevant. No one has the statistics I do without hacking into the servers.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions on the forum changes.

I am closing this thread now because there is nothing new being suggested. We may open up a discussion on this again in a few days, but for now, we need to give the changes a chance to work.

Any new threads on this subject will be deleted immediately.

-Reality