Regardless of how season ends, Jerry: Please Keep Wade

mmohican29

Reaction score
Ok I know I'm going to get alot of heat for this. But I've changed my mind on Wade. This team has played inspired ball since the Arizona game and the defense especially looks very very close to turning the corner and becoming a DOMINANT unit.

We've been hurt by the injury bug, and we've underachieved definitely: but since our initial death knell was reached vs Washington... the Defense has really stood out.

I think some major changes might need to be made that will hurt Wade personally maybe (Read has to go), and some hard decisions about what players this team needs to get where it needs to go... (goodbye TO?) but the "message" is getting through to our more youthful players and some vets have bought in.

Go ahead and roast me, but I hope Wade stays now. He's definitely put some signature on this team- this defense is attacking and is SOOoooo close to being an outstanding unit I'd hate to have the reason why go away.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
"Maybe" Read has to go? Wade can stay, but Read MUST go. Stewart too.

Reaction score
mmohican29;2475788 said:
Ok I know I'm going to get alot of heat for this. But I've changed my mind on Wade. This team has played inspired ball since the Arizona game and the defense especially looks very very close to turning the corner and becoming a DOMINANT unit.

We've been hurt by the injury bug, and we've underachieved definitely: but since our initial death knell was reached vs Washington... the Defense has really stood out.

I think some major changes might need to be made that will hurt Wade personally maybe (Read has to go), and some hard decisions about what players this team needs to get where it needs to go... (goodbye TO?) but the "message" is getting through to our more youthful players and some vets have bought in.

Go ahead and roast me, but I hope Wade stays now. He's definitely put some signature on this team- this defense is attacking and is SOOoooo close to being an outstanding unit I'd hate to have the reason why go away.

I am for keeping Wade as well!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
chocolate lab is going to go into shock when he sees this thread.

rcaldw

Reaction score
In the immortal words of Barney Fife.....you are a nut.

Just kidding. But my opinion is that Wade Phillips is a defensive coordinator, that is his strength, that is what he needs to do. We need a real head coach.

neosapien23

Reaction score
BAT;2475801 said:
"Maybe" Read has to go? Wade can stay, but Read MUST go. Stewart too.

You can throw Garret in there as well. I think Wade should have been calling the defense all along, but I don't think he can use oversight on Garret if he is making all the defensive adjustments as they need to happen.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm all for continuity, so keeping Wade wouldn't hurt my feelings. Not sure what type of coaching candidates would be available after the season is over anyway. I don't think Garrett has earned the HC this year.

I definitely think Read needs to go. Too inconsistent.

Batman

Reaction score
You know what, if our defense continues to get more and more dominating are just maintains or stays very close to what they did against the Steelers, then I agree keep Wade for another year. DeMarcus Ware has been playing like a beast under Wade as coach and with 16 sacks, we might be in for a possible 20 sack season from him. I admit, I would have been in favor of looking for a better coach, but if the defense keeps it up like this and looks like it is a player or two away from destroying anyone they face next year then we have to keep Wade. His defense is far better than any defense Parcells ever put out. It is far more aggressive and attacking style, not to mention more creative and better at confusing offenses. Good post.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2475823 said:
I'm all for continuity, so keeping Wade wouldn't hurt my feelings. Not sure what type of coaching candidates would be available after the season is over anyway. I don't think Garrett has earned the HC this year.
I definitely think Read needs to go. Too inconsistent.

I still wouldnt be surprised if someone made a major run at Garrett again. There's gonna be quite a few openings and only so many candidates to fill those jobs. Plus we may very well miss the playoffs, meaning teams wouldnt have to wait to pull the trigger on him. Norv is probably going to get run in San Diego, if so he could easily end up back here replacing JC.

mmohican29

Reaction score
neosapien23;2475815 said:
You can throw Garret in there as well. I think Wade should have been calling the defense all along, but I don't think he can use oversight on Garret if he is making all the defensive adjustments as they need to happen.

I'm totally undecided on Garrett. I see so much potential but something is amiss... he's not very creative. Where has the intermediate passing game gone? It seems to be a home run or bust offense at the time being, and our rushing offense seems average at best regardless of which RB is in... it's not a power attack that would suit our line... it's all draw and delay and a pitch every blue moon.

I say he gets one more year, with the caveat that Jerry tells Wade he's in charge of the football team and if he wants someone else, let's get someone else. But Read is NOT to remain in Dallas.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I understand what your saying and I am not trying to roast you.

Yet, at same time, I dont like good ole wade as head coach. For several reasons, first, because of the special teams, the poor playing, every time you hear, the same old thing, our kicker our or punter kicked the wrong way, when it was suppose to go the other way. That gets old.

Next, I point to what happened last wednesday when T O, Witten, Columbo, Flozell on offense were given the day off. That was some critical timing and routes that needed to be working on with Romo. That was done because good ole wade let those players off.

Next, this hasnt happened just once, but like 3 or 4 times, their as you know been numerous times that 12 men have been on the field, and in this game, your starting QB that is suppose to be the leader of the team didnt know that the time outs were out. Along with him, Alan Ball tried to call a time out and he didnt know that time outs were gone. There were even reports that Ball went in and told Greg Ellis that he was suppose to get off of the field and greg refused. If thats true that has got to stop too. But when a leader on offense and a leader calling some signals on defense, doesnt realize that time outs were gone, then something is wrong.

I rememmber when Parcells said once that you have to cover all scenarios, but it seems like the same stupid mistakes are done over and over, and its not fixed. That points to the Head Coach.

And we all know how camp cupcake and camp marshmellow went this year.

You add all of those things plus finally this.
Wade says I dont think that Felix Jones would be a good kickoff return guy, but what happened when felix was forced to play on kickoffs, then good ole wade says, I dont trust choice as a running back, so we kept running barber over and over game before last and you saw how he got hurt. Then Wade was forced to play Choice.

I dont mind wade as defensive coordinator, I think wade is a great coordinator, but not as a head coach.

Too many errors keep happening on this team, granted the players have to play, but the head coach works them till they get it right.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
It would we nice if we could stick with the same coach for more than three years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm scared what happens to this defense if Wade goes. Its improved every season since he's been here. This defense can get scary in another year. Actually I think its already scary.

mmohican29

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2475846 said:
I understand what your saying and I am not trying to roast you.

Yet, at same time, I dont like good ole wade as head coach. For several reasons, first, because of the special teams, the poor playing, every time you hear, the same old thing, our kicker our or punter kicked the wrong way, when it was suppose to go the other way. That gets old.

Next, I point to what happened last wednesday when T O, Witten, Columbo, Flozell on offense were given the day off. That was some critical timing and routes that needed to be working on with Romo. That was done because good ole wade let those players off.

Next, this hasnt happened just once, but like 3 or 4 times, their as you know been numerous times that 12 men have been on the field, and in this game, your starting QB that is suppose to be the leader of the team didnt know that the time outs were out. Along with him, Alan Ball tried to call a time out and he didnt know that time outs were gone. There were even reports that Ball went in and told Greg Ellis that he was suppose to get off of the field and greg refused. If thats true that has got to stop too. But when a leader on offense and a leader calling some signals on defense, doesnt realize that time outs were gone, then something is wrong.

I rememmber when Parcells said once that you have to cover all scenarios, but it seems like the same stupid mistakes are done over and over, and its not fixed. That points to the Head Coach.

And we all know how camp cupcake and camp marshmellow went this year.

You add all of those things plus finally this.
Wade says I dont think that Felix Jones would be a good kickoff return guy, but what happened when felix was forced to play on kickoffs, then good ole wade says, I dont trust choice as a running back, so we kept running barber over and over game before last and you saw how he got hurt. Then Wade was forced to play Choice.

I dont mind wade as defensive coordinator, I think wade is a great coordinator, but not as a head coach.

Too many errors keep happening on this team, granted the players have to play, but the head coach works them till they get it right.

Not to shoot holes in your theory, but FJ was ALWAYS going to be returning kickoffs. Wade just wasn't going to let him do it in preseason. And for all the "attention to detail" that Parcells preached, his teams played scared in big spots and didn't show much attention to detail about pretty much anything other than finding new and improved ways to lose ballgames.

mmohican29

Reaction score
rocyaice;2475885 said:
Can you do that? Can you demote a HC to a DC?

That can only lead to disaster. It would be hard for an incoming HC to establish authority. Unless that HC is Campo that is removed. Then all bets are off and you can put Mickey Mouse in as HC and Campo would know his role so to speak. I'm kidding. I love Camps as a defensive coach.:D

Batman

Reaction score
rocyaice;2475881 said:
I'm scared what happens to this defense if Wade goes. Its improved every season since he's been here. This defense can get scary in another year. Actually I think its already scary.

This is what I am beginning to think. If the defense keeps this up, or close to it, then I think we have to stay with Wade. He might have our defense so dominant next year, that it will overcome an average offense and some mistakes we could not get away with this year.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Our team needs that consistency. Our defense is amazing. The last 2 drafts have been good. Wade is not the problem. I am fine with changing coordinators though, Jerry needs to stop meddling.