Reinventing myself

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Some time back, I posted some before and after pics of myself

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119042.

At that time, I mentioned that I was hoping to have plastic surgery to remove excess skin and fat. Well, that hope will turn to reality on 01/21/09 (my 44th birthday, no less).

What are we talking about here? Tummy tuck, body lift, and male breast reduction. Folks, I've already gone from wearing 5XL shirts and 54" waist pants to XL and 38". This next round of surgery will take me to M and 32-34". Take a second to digest that (no pun intended). That's 22" off my waist alone.

Anyway, I'm as excited as all get out about this. However, I also know that this is a very painful procedure and I will miss about 2 months of work. I'll also have to wear compression garments to help reduce swelling (not there, Yeag) for about 6 months. All of that to say this: as soon as I'm healed up, I promise I'll pose for some pics and post them in this forum.

Thank you to the Zoners who have been supportive and offered words of encouragement. My wife and I are very grateful. Thanks also to those who have inquired about my experiences with bariatric surgery. I'm always happy to share my knowledge, especially if it will help someone else.

I'll update this thread as soon as I get home and let you know how it went. Don't expect a lengthy post because I'll probably feel like I've been hit by a truck. But I will try to post a few words about the surgery itself and let you know that I survived it. TTYL Greg

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
holly crap. Congrats man! hope your surgery goes well and you recover faster then expected.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats...soon they will call you skinny.:cool:

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Great job man! Most people don't have the willpower to make the huge change that you made. I hope the surgery goes well!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
bbgun;2502263 said:
"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him ..."

We have the technology...

But there ain't no way you can have that technology for a crummy six million bucks... not these days...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2503238 said:

But there ain't no way you can have that technology for a crummy six million bucks... not these days...

Ah, but deflation is right around the corner. Or so I've heard.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silverbear;2503238 said:

I heard it's up to 6.5 now :laugh1:

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Surgery lasted approx. 5.5 hrs. They took 13 lbs off my abdomen, 7 lbs off my lower back and buttocks, and 8-10 lbs off my chest. Yes, it feels like I got hit by a truck. However, it gets a little better every day. As soon as I'm able, I'll post before and after pics. BTW, I am at home.

As always, PM me if you have any questions about bariatrics or plastic surgery.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
needforspeed;2600066 said:
Surgery lasted approx. 5.5 hrs. They took 13 lbs off my abdomen, 7 lbs off my lower back and buttocks, and 8-10 lbs off my chest. Yes, it feels like I got hit by a truck. However, it gets a little better every day. As soon as I'm able, I'll post before and after pics. BTW, I am at home.

Congrats. Good to hear everything is good with you. Again, congrats and get some rest.

irvin4evs

Benched
Reaction score
needforspeed;2600066 said:

I can't help as far as tips go, sorry.

But good for you. The most important thing is that you keep a fire within yourself.

Think of this procedure as the launch. You choose where to go from here.

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the kind words. I'm dying to get some pics up, but I can't do that until the jp drains come out (1/26). Until then, know that I look amazing. More to come... >-Greg

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
As per my email to Hos, I will be taking a break from posting. The exception to that will be some time after 2/6/09. The rest of the sutures and drains will come out and I'll be able to put up some before and after pics. Dramatic is an understatement.

I've also just found out that we are being cut back to 32 hr workweeks, so i'm going to have to find another job. So, in addition to trying to recover from major surgery, I have to find additional employment. Hopefully, we'll be able to afford internet service after this. Looks like I'll be having a huge sale this spring!

Take care, everyone. I'll be back soon. >-Greg