Remember when Alex Smith couldn't lead his talented 49ers to the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by InTheZone, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

16,067 Messages
    8,814 Likes Received
    Led the league in scoring? Wut? They were still averaging barely above 20 ppg, just like they were before Cooper got there.

2. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

8,835 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    You couldn't be more wrong. The best player is the team. One guy does not make a team

3. Whirlwin

8,835 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    And how do you think the Eagles won the Superbowl special teams short field and a running game.

kskboys likes this.
  4. mcmvp

mcmvp Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    Spare me the cliches. Yes it's a team game...more than any other sport. But a team is made up of players...and some are better at their position than others are at theirs. It's a pretty simple concept.

bbailey423, Fastpitch Dad and Blake like this.
  5. mcmvp

mcmvp Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    You've already been proven wrong on this in regards to this 'short field' that the Eagles had in the SB. You have been shown links to the drive charts and their starting field position.

You first claimed Darren Sproles was the reason they won the SB even though he went on IR in week 3. You then claimed they still had short fields in the SB to work from and did not have to sustain any long TD drives. Look, you can want something to be true...but it won't make it true. Go look up their drives in the SB and get back to me with all this 'short field' info. Something tells me you won't look this info up...you'd rather just keep preaching myths

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  6. Whirlwin

8,835 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    I have not been proven wrong. How do you think they even got to the playoffs. By winning games throughout the season with many shortfields

7. Whirlwin

8,835 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    Make no mistake about it Darren Sproles was huge

8. Whirlwin

8,835 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    Nick Foles LMAO

9. mcmvp

mcmvp Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    The dude didn’t make it out of September. You obviously care nothing about the credibility of your posts…but whatever...carry on

10. Whirlwin

8,835 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    Darren Sproles special teams. You think I care about integrity to an Eagles fan. LMAO all I know is we beat you twice last season.. And we won the division. You think Elliot it's our best player what about your credibility.

11. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Kaepernick was a 2nd round pick who everyone knew was the heir apparent the second he showed up.

Even still, Smith was playing well and only lost his job to injury.

So...

12. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

18,412 Messages
    20,591 Likes Received
    And a great D (4th) and DLine and one of the league's top S tandems and a great OL and great balance, 4th on D and 7th on O.

Whirlwin and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  13. kskboys

18,412 Messages
    20,591 Likes Received
    Smith lost his job due to continuously failing at the end of games, especially in the playoffs. Bus driver supreme.

14. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,957 Messages
    3,845 Likes Received
    I’d like to know why in the hell my post in this thread was deleted! The same thing happened in another thread. This board is becoming a joke.

15. kskboys

18,412 Messages
    20,591 Likes Received
    Not a joke. Keeping order in a place like this is tough. The mods do what they think is needed to keep the peace. Certain topics must be contained.

Whirlwin likes this.
  16. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,957 Messages
    3,845 Likes Received
    Fine, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

17. kskboys

18,412 Messages
    20,591 Likes Received
    You or someone you quoted prolly said the name of the one who cannot be named. I understand completely what they are doing and why.

Whirlwin likes this.
  18. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

30,357 Messages
    23,174 Likes Received
    I’m not comparing anyone im just saying Romo is gone. We replaced our qb that was hindering us from winning.

19. Whirlwin

8,835 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    Get away from me kid, you bother me. LOL do you know who said that famously

20. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,796 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    It's unreasonable to expect the Cowboys to change QBs every three years from here to eternity until they land the next Tom Brady. They're going to field the best team they can until they get lucky like Kansas City...