Remember when Alex Smith couldn't lead his talented 49ers to the Super Bowl?

DFWJC

Reaction score
So, the "NO losing seasons" were when the Cowboy's went 8-8 right?

One of those 8-8 seasons happened to be one in which Romo threw away the team's playoff chances against the Commanders,
when he misread the defense and threw a late game pick. But the interception that especially catches my attention is the one on
the first posession, in which Romo sails it straight into the DB's hands then proceeds to berate Ogletree as if it were his fault.
Some leader #9 was, blaming teammates for his own mistakes.

That Washington game wasn't pretty. No doubt. Astounding that we went 8-8 with the 32nd ranked defense (worst in Cowboy history, by far) but yes, that game was ugly

Then the next year, Dallas elimination game on the road again at Washinton week 15. Game winning drive and TD pass as time was running out. But also busted his back and missed final game loss to drop us to 8-8.

So 8-8 was the low point either way.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak MUST improve in red zone efficiency. Short passing is supposedly his strength but thats where he must show his accuracy in a crowded condensed part of the field.
I didn't say he doesn't need to improve. Every player always needs to get better.

kskboys

Reaction score
He lost his job to injury. The “bus driver” stuff where people questioned how far he could take the team didn’t really kick in until KC.
Injury was just the last straw. The bus driver stuff had kicked in long before that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
At the time I said they just needed a play maker at QB to get them over the hump, the bus driver is holding them back. Well AT THE TIME Kaepernick was the guy to do so and he helped get them there.

I fear this is what we're going to find ourselves in, but without the QB change to ever give us a chance to compete. How many more years can we afford to waste, assuming we don't make it to the final game? Let's say we fall short again in 2019, are you all ready to find a guy to take the offense one step further while we still have all pro talent surrounding this position?
Dallas gave Tony Romo +10 years to get to a NFC Championship game let alone a Super Bowl with a record number of Pro Bowlers in 2007 and 3 Top 10 Defenses. Danny White got 9 years and gave the Cowboys 3 NFC Championship games in a row. Now you want to only give Dak 1 1/2 years with a no.1 WR, no.1 TE and no.1 RB. Dak was without Zeke 1/2 of the 2017 season, without a no.1 TE the 2018 season, and without a no.1 WR 1/2 of the 2018 season. During these 3 years Dak delivered 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 with a wild card playoff win.

What is the real agenda and reason you think Dak can not get you to a NFC Championship game at QB? It is not football.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm waiting on Lawerence from Clemson, then Dak can go to his regular position as the backup.

Ken

Reaction score
At the time I said they just needed a play maker at QB to get them over the hump, the bus driver is holding them back. Well AT THE TIME Kaepernick was the guy to do so and he helped get them there.

I fear this is what we're going to find ourselves in, but without the QB change to ever give us a chance to compete. How many more years can we afford to waste, assuming we don't make it to the final game? Let's say we fall short again in 2019, are you all ready to find a guy to take the offense one step further while we still have all pro talent surrounding this position?
Remember when Alex Smith played an entire season and didnt throw a single td to a Wr? 2014 to be exact ..

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Injury was just the last straw. The bus driver stuff had kicked in long before that.
No it didn’t. You misremember, just like you misremember when you say “continuously failing at the end of games, especially in the playoffs” when at that time Smith had only made one trip to the playoffs, where he was the third rated passer of the playoffs with a 101 rating, 5 TDs and 0 INTs. In fact, at the time of the injury Smith was ranked third in the NFL in passer rating (104.1), led the league in completion percentage (70%), and had been 19–5–1 as a starter under Harbaugh.
So where was the continual playoff failings at that point?

starcity214

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is only one mahomes.

If the cowboys could get another mahomes they probably would. So would the other 30 teams.

The whole point was that the Chiefs wouldn't have Mahomes if they stuck with their good enough Bus driver Alex Smith as their QB.

The Chiefs took a chance and moved up in the draft to get Mahomes despite already having a starter already on the roster.

Alex Smith had that Chiefs team going to the playoffs as a starter but the Chiefs still spent draft capital on Mahomes.

You guys act as if franchize QBs just magically fall into your lap and that's not the case..

The Chiefs realized a "good enough" Qb wasn't good enough to win in today's salary cap NFL.

Dak Prescott is preventing us from finding the next mahomes.

As long as we are ok with Dak, we will keep missing out on guys like Mahomes and Mayfield

Last edited:

starcity214

Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong. The best player is the team. One guy does not make a team

Really?

Ok..

Let's let Dak and his 35 million dollar salary walk since we dont really need him.
Why would we pay so much for one guy when having depth and a good all around team is more important?

We can pay Zeke 15 mil a year, Amari 15 mil a year and some scrub QB 15 mil a year and be good right?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dallas gave Tony Romo +10 years to get to a NFC Championship game let alone a Super Bowl with a record number of Pro Bowlers in 2007 and 3 Top 10 Defenses. Danny White got 9 years and gave the Cowboys 3 NFC Championship games in a row. Now you want to only give Dak 1 1/2 years with a no.1 WR, no.1 TE and no.1 RB. Dak was without Zeke 1/2 of the 2017 season, without a no.1 TE the 2018 season, and without a no.1 WR 1/2 of the 2018 season. During these 3 years Dak delivered 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 with a wild card playoff win.

What is the real agenda and reason you think Dak can not get you to a NFC Championship game at QB? It is not football.
Here go the online people with the bogus argument that only can be made online regarding the last sentence. Y’all cats are tooooo insecure with that. Get your self esteem up smh. No one player is responsible for the record alone I don’t care who it is. Your fav just average at his position compared to others at his position. No more no less

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Led the league in scoring? Wut? They were still averaging barely above 20 ppg, just like they were before Cooper got there.

Yes you are correct as I should have stated they lead the league in offensive yards the last eight games.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Here go the online people with the bogus argument that only can be made online regarding the last sentence. Y’all cats are tooooo insecure with that. Get your self esteem up smh. No one player is responsible for the record alone I don’t care who it is. Your fav just average at his position compared to others at his position. No more no less
Answer the question. What is the real agenda and reason you think Dak can not get you to a NFC Championship game at QB? What has he shown on the football field that cause all these insurmountable doubts that he can not get to a NFC Championship game with everything Romo had and Danny had?

The Alex Smith example holds no water. He led his team to the NFC Championship game and he was not driving a bus in that game dueling with Drew Brees (see video below). The QB gets all the blame for a loss and too much credit for the win. That is the NFL. Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, and Washington won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs in the 80's. So a bus driver is not a bad thing if that bus has a sign Super Bowl Miami on the front. Tony Romo could not get a Divisional Playoff win. Cabo was more important (maybe he can team up with Zeke now).

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really?

Ok..

Let's let Dak and his 35 million dollar salary walk since we dont really need him.
Why would we pay so much for one guy when having depth and a good all around team is more important?

We can pay Zeke 15 mil a year, Amari 15 mil a year and some scrub QB 15 mil a year and be good right?
What don't you understand about the word team. You give me the right quarterback not the best the right quarterback in the right system with a bunch of football players and great coaching I'll win a Superbowl.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but teams didn't want Mahomes. Everybody acts like he was a number 1 pick and that's not true. He sat on the bench and learned before his second season
Well so last year was his 2nd season? and I did say other teams evidently were not interested, which says to me scouting
for teams is not very good.
And KC did a good job developing him, unlike our team did with white and rush.