READ THIS *** REMINDER: Dallas Morning News (DMN) has demanded we no longer allow their content on CZ ***

bigbob

Reaction score
Yes they did.

I understand their reasoning. But in the end, why would you not want a website with 36,000+ members posting links to your website? That's a lot of traffic, potential subscribers and revenue.
Well maybe they don't want the traffic?
It would cost them extra?
And it might not add any revenue.

dogberry

Reaction score
Knowing who owns content can be ambiguous.

Writers work for multiple publishers.

Examples, Bob Sturm reports for the Ticket, DN, and his website. David Moore works or did work for the News and the Ticket.

If they use their information and analysis on all of the venues, does quoting from a non-CND source, the Ticket, automatically qualify for CND legal action? Bob has posted stories from the DN later on his internet place, is it still a prohibited article.

Sports stories of the News from pre-1923 would be fun to quote since they are public domain now.

Fortunately, the grandkids haven't shown me how to link.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Lol...I haven't been to their site since they ordered this a while back. The only time I ever went there at all was from following links from here!
been boycotting their site

coult44

Reaction score
Yes they did.

I understand their reasoning. But in the end, why would you not want a website with 36,000+ members posting links to your website? That's a lot of traffic, potential subscribers and revenue.

The reason is CZ is a direct competitor of DMN. More and more are coming here to get their DC news. It's faster here and usually more accurate than most any other site, including DMN. Several of their guys are also a big part of another competitor message board . I won't name them because I hate them, and don't want them to get one click. Bunch of db's for sure!!