Reminder: Quarterback Play is The biggest Reason we’re winning

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
NFL teams have a 69% win percentage when their quarterback has a 100.00+ Passer Rating:omg:

Great Quarterbacks simply make their team win. There is no “great” QB with a losing record. Our Quarterback made the jump to elite this season... and that’s the real reason we’re winning. Somebody like Baker Mayfield would have us below .500. Browns have more talent than the Cowboys on both sides of the ball and won’t even make the playoffs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
QB play means everything in this league. Ours needs to skip a couple of games so that we have him down the line when games matter more. We have a good enough lead in our division to make this sacrifice.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
NFL teams have a 69% win percentage when their quarterback has a 100.00+ Passer Rating:omg:

Great Quarterbacks simply make their team win. There is no “great” QB with a losing record. Our Quarterback made the jump to elite this season... and that’s the real reason we’re winning. Somebody like Baker Mayfield would have us below .500. Browns have more talent than the Cowboys on both sides of the ball and won’t even make the playoffs.
Rockport changed his name to BobbyFlame469?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yes, Dak is the biggest reason but even with his level of play, he needs a defense that can at least get 5 or 6 stops a game and not let the other team score at will. There are going to be close games. You have to have a defense that can make a stop late in the 4th quarter or you are doomed to lose early in the playoffs.

visionary

Reaction score

QB play is ALWAYS why teams win or lose
That is why “great” QBs are great only if they take their teams deep into the playoffs and play in and win SBs
If Dak wants to be known for more than having made a lot of money he will have to lead this team to SBs and I’m hoping he will

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
QB play is ALWAYS why teams win or lose
That is why “great” QBs are great only if they take their teams deep into the playoffs and play in and win SBs
If Dak wants to be known for more than having made a lot of money he will have to lead this team to SBs and I’m hoping he will
So what happens when 6 teams get great QB play at one time........do they all win the SB?

kevm3

Reaction score
At the minimum, Dak shut down that talk that his yards last year were due to 'garbage time yards'. Our offense looked barely functional last year when he was out. I would say its a combination of Dak, excellent playcalling and a defense that is getting takeovers. Our running game has been very important too. Overall, the key is that there is no 'one aspect' that this team is reliant upon to win and that bodes well for a possible superbowl victory.

Blake

Reaction score
So... More Dak = Greater Win Percentage = More winning.

Thanks for clearing that up.

terra

Reaction score
I'd argue that with poor QB play you wouldn't have the defensive takeaways or the running game you have.
Then why has their been very clear examples in the past of GREAT QBs on losing teams?

If all you have is a great QB its like a car that has nothing but a fancy engine: no transmission, etc.

Arguably the Saints through virtually the entire time Brees was there had excellent to great QB play. Result was only 1 SB appearance and win.

IF you do not have other components you have a losing team. At least a Decent D; good O line; good skills players.

No QB has EVER carried a team to a championship without those components.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then why has their been very clear examples in the past of GREAT QBs on losing teams?

If all you have is a great QB its like a car that has nothing but a fancy engine: no transmission, etc.

Arguably the Saints through virtually the entire time Brees was there had excellent to great QB play. Result was only 1 SB appearance and win.

IF you do not have other components you have a losing team. At least a Decent D; good O line; good skills players.

No QB has EVER carried a team to a championship without those components.

Uhhh the Saints were good most of Bree's career lol. They were damn near a perennial playoff team.

And I'm not saying that you can with a championship with just qb play. I never said that statement. I'm speaking strictly on this team. This team here is 5-1 because of the QB play. That doesn't mean that its only because of the QB play. There are other components. But you can't drive a car without a motor. Its useless without the motor and I think Dak is the motor.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

But Baker lives in a stadium.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Uhhh the Saints were good most of Bree's career lol. They were damn near a perennial playoff team.

And I'm not saying that you can with a championship with just qb play. I never said that statement. I'm speaking strictly on this team. This team here is 5-1 because of the QB play. That doesn't mean that its only because of the QB play. There are other components. But you can't drive a car without a motor. Its useless without the motor and I think Dak is the motor.
Just say daks needs help like everyone else, hard to do it alone.. the run game , defense, and coaching are why Daks able to be more successful then say the first 5 games last year..thats the difference between 2-4 and 5-1

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just say daks needs help like everyone else, hard to do it alone.. the run game , defense, and coaching are why Daks able to be more successful then say the first 5 games last year..thats the difference between 2-4 and 5-1
Once again I’m not denying that he needs help. The statement I made was he makes everything go. If Andy Dalton is our quarterback right now we are not 5-1.