Twitter: Reminder that Tony Romo's 'A Football Life' is on tonight

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I think Tony was sabotaged by the unintended consequences created by women. After watching the show it was evident Tony was OBSESSED with perfecting every part of his game . Making sure he threw EVERY day . Even taking balls home and throwing into his couch to keep the muscle memory of the ball coming of his fingers .

He is even shown showing Arron Rodgers how he changed his grip constantly experimenting to get better .

So here is what puzzles me a guy admittedly obsessed with getting better goes on vacation before the biggest game of his life when if at any time in his life he should be putting in the extra time its then .
My guess Simpson wanted to go and he was so stuck on her he couldn't say no . That's why he has no good answer for why he did it . The same reason we all do stupid things to impress girls .

Its a shame because there was a window there where his health was good and the team was good and if there was no high profile girl to maintain, his mind may have been a bit more focused at this critical time .
So Tony was sabotaged by Tony? Why start with the women thing?

Blackrain

Reaction score
So Tony was sabotaged by Tony? Why start with the women thing?

I think he was manipulated into compromising his work ethic by Jessica otherwise why did a guy totally obsessed with all the details of getting better all of a sudden put everything on the back burner before the biggest game of his life and go on vacation .
When if there was ever a time in his life to leave no stone unturned in his preparation this was it . Whats the common denominator a high profile high maintenance girl friend who wanted to go on vacation .

You can tell when he is asked about it he has that aw shucks she made me do it look ,but of course he cant say that

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I think he was manipulated into compromising his work ethic by Jessica otherwise why did a guy totally obsessed with all the details of getting better all of a sudden put everything on the back burner before the biggest game of his life and go on vacation .
When if there was ever a time in his life to leave no stone unturned in his preparation this was it . Whats the common denominator a high profile high maintenance girl friend who wanted to go on vacation .

You can tell when he is asked about it he has that aw shucks she made me do it look ,but of course he cant say that
Then what made Witten go? If all it takes is a women to cause someone to concede then maybe he wasn't as obsessed on his craft as he appeared. And that aw shucks attitude you mention is how he seemed multiple times throughout his career. You can't blame anybody but Romo for choices he made and your attempt to do so is hilariouly wrong.

stinkface

Reaction score
Next up Troy says accuracy cant be learned . Tony said he sucked and threw balls in the dirt to start his career but by the end he could place the ball anywhere he wanted .
Is there hope for Dak can he learn like Tony did ??

No. You either are accurate or you aren't. I think God gives you a lot of that talent. Can you work on footwork, release etc. Sure, but those who are accurate in college are accurate in the pro's for the most part. I saw Chad Hutchinson along with QC at the Tuna's first training camp in San Antonio and they sucked ( I was there for the first week of TC). The most accurate QB on the field and it wasn't even close was Romo. He could throw anything and be spot on. The eyes don't lie. He was flat out amazing as far as accuracy and touch on the ball.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think Tony was sabotaged by the unintended consequences created by women. After watching the show it was evident Tony was OBSESSED with perfecting every part of his game . Making sure he threw EVERY day . Even taking balls home and throwing into his couch to keep the muscle memory of the ball coming of his fingers .

He is even shown showing Arron Rodgers how he changed his grip constantly experimenting to get better .

So here is what puzzles me a guy admittedly obsessed with getting better goes on vacation before the biggest game of his life when if at any time in his life he should be putting in the extra time its then .
My guess Simpson wanted to go and he was so stuck on her he couldn't say no . That's why he has no good answer for why he did it . The same reason we all do stupid things to impress girls .

Its a shame because there was a window there where his health was good and the team was good and if there was no high profile girl to maintain, his mind may have been a bit more focused at this critical time .

....or it's like what he said in the video, he wasn't really thinking about the optics and that the getaway didn't do a thing to change the game. Even Witten stated it was relaxed, it wasn't like they went partying.

It was tabloid stuff, stuff Cowboys fans can't let go. Is it any different than seeing Dak and Elliott in a bar getting lap dances a week before a big game?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Next up Troy says accuracy cant be learned . Tony said he sucked and threw balls in the dirt to start his career but by the end he could place the ball anywhere he wanted .
Is there hope for Dak can he learn like Tony did ??

Dak might become slightly more accurate with better footwork/release, but that's about it.

I think Romo is a little more hard on himself because of who he compared himself to and even criticized himself up to 2013, despite being at the top end of the league in terms of accuracy before that.

bud914

Reaction score
wow, i really enjoyed the show....sad and pathetic to see what this board can do to any topic...

14w3jb.jpg

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The same excuses need to be afforded to Prescott that all these "can't get over my ex" fans use for the past.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The same excuses need to be afforded to Prescott that all these "can't get over my ex" fans use for the past.

Uh, bud, the people criticizing Romo fit better with your "can't get over my ex".

You Romo haters are not good at the bantz, at all. It's really embarrassing. Wonder when Clove is going to hop in talking about hats being backwards.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak might become slightly more accurate with better footwork/release, but that's about it.

I think Romo is a little more hard on himself because of who he compared himself to and even criticized himself up to 2013, despite being at the top end of the league in terms of accuracy before that.

Im hoping I was ready to ship him a couch and some footballs if it would help

Blackrain

Reaction score
....or it's like what he said in the video, he wasn't really thinking about the optics and that the getaway didn't do a thing to change the game. Even Witten stated it was relaxed, it wasn't like they went partying.

It was tabloid stuff, stuff Cowboys fans can't let go. Is it any different than seeing Dak and Elliott in a bar getting lap dances a week before a big game?

Until watching the show I never knew Tony was so obsessed with getting better and the little parts of the game . Always knew he was a Warrior and competitor but never figured him to be so fanatical about his preparation .
Just seems crazy strange to me that some one so fanatical in there preparation would not use all the time available for the most important game of there life
He said he would stay out and shoot baskets all night and his mom had to make him come in so this would make me think he would be doing a Ray Lewis and have all his teammates over studying and using all the time to there advantage . Makes me believe that girl had him doing things out of his regular preparation schedule that he normally would not do .

Blackrain

Reaction score
Then what made Witten go? If all it takes is a women to cause someone to concede then maybe he wasn't as obsessed on his craft as he appeared. And that aw shucks attitude you mention is how he seemed multiple times throughout his career. You can't blame anybody but Romo for choices he made and your attempt to do so is hilariouly wrong.

Geez no girl has ever manipulated a guy to do something he regretted. What was I thinking ??? LOLOL

And PS I can blame who ever I want

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Until watching the show I never knew Tony was so obsessed with getting better and the little parts of the game . Always knew he was a Warrior and competitor but never figured him to be so fanatical about his preparation .
Just seems crazy strange to me that some one so fanatical in there preparation would not use all the time available for the most important game of there life
He said he would stay out and shoot baskets all night and his mom had to make him come in so this would make me think he would be doing a Ray Lewis and have all his teammates over studying and using all the time to there advantage . Makes me believe that girl had him doing things out of his regular preparation schedule that he normally would not do .
I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. I just hated when Tony was dating her. It was a sideshow. I Remember watching games and the camera would always go over to her one time or another. Parcells warned Tony about being a celebrity QB so I think that's what happened. He became big so fast he just went crazy with it. But he was young. I think he matured as the years went by but I think he blew his chances early on.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
No. You either are accurate or you aren't. I think God gives you a lot of that talent. Can you work on footwork, release etc. Sure, but those who are accurate in college are accurate in the pro's for the most part. I saw Chad Hutchinson along with QC at the Tuna's first training camp in San Antonio and they sucked ( I was there for the first week of TC). The most accurate QB on the field and it wasn't even close was Romo. He could throw anything and be spot on. The eyes don't lie. He was flat out amazing as far as accuracy and touch on the ball.

Exactly. I think Romo meant more that he would hurry himself too much and see the play and then throw it in the dirt, much the way I miss an easy shot in basketball if I don’t set my feet or a receiver drops a pass when they take their eyes off it.

I remember Bill Walsh making Montana and Rice run a route again because Rice had to extend his arms to catch the pass instead of it falling right into him. I believe that is the level of obsession that Romo had.

I think we were very lucky to have this guy and he was always accurate but he didn’t little things every single season to improve.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. I just hated when Tony was dating her. It was a sideshow. I Remember watching games and the camera would always go over to her one time or another. Parcells warned Tony about being a celebrity QB so I think that's what happened. He became big so fast he just went crazy with it. But he was young. I think he matured as the years went by but I think he blew his chances early on.

Agreed I think those celebrity girls had him thinking about the wrong things at a time when the team and his health were pretty good