Twitter: Reminder that Tony Romo's 'A Football Life' is on tonight

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I was sitting in row 21 on the same side of the field as that play, opposite end zone. I feel like I was cheated out of being at one of the greatest playoff games, and one of the greatest moments in Cowboys history. The throw was great, the catch was spectacular.

I will never get over how I felt as my daughter and I left Lambeau on that day. We had an amazing weekend visiting that stadium, and was robbed out of the finish of a lifetime.

I was there as well.

GB fans were extremely classy and didn’t rub it in.

It was painful. Especially because i knew we would beat Seattle again and NE had the 19th ranked run defense. But honestly I’d rather lose that way than how we did in 2016. Going to that
Playoff game and to come back only to lose the way we did I could barely get on the airplane back to
NY

zack

Reaction score
There are some real idiots and tools around here. No need to name them, they speak for themselves. I question if they are even fans of this team.

Not sure how you can hate on this guy? He was one of the best QBs this franchise had and was cursed with unfortunate timing. Even in 2016 he was cursed and a new QB emerged.

Unfortunately that isn’t mirage and we are seeing what we are left with. Dont know what you got until it’s gone...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
BS..... even if it were true (dont believe for a second) Tony is incredibly smart and would have never said such a thing. Please post a link to this audio or video if you are going to post such crap. I will bow down to you if you find a clip where he said he , in all seriousness, would audible out of runs so he could pad HIS stats.

Ill wait for that link
Yes he said it during a broadcast. I am sure others have heard it. Can try to look around over the next few days for a recording of it but a quick google search brings up a Reddit thread of Romos best calls where a poster brings it up. Ilovethetradio is the poster who mentioned Romo saying that was best for him. We aren’t just making it up. Romo really did say it. It is not part of the actual video though in the thread though. Just a poster commenting about what Romo said.

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
There are some real idiots and tools around here. No need to name them, they speak for themselves. I question if they are even fans of this team.

Not sure how you can hate on this guy? He was one of the best QBs this franchise had and was cursed with unfortunate timing. Even in 2016 he was cursed and a new QB emerged.

Unfortunately that isn’t mirage and we are seeing what we are left with. Dont know what you got until it’s gone...
When you opened up the thread, was there really any doubt which pathetic trolls would be crying about Romo instead of actually watching?
Imagine being a castoff from a dead site now spamming the board with thousands of junk posts, all the while with Tony Romo taking up permanent residence between your ears. It’s a grisly fate.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes he said it during a broadcast. I am sure others have heard it. Can try to look around over the next few days for a recording of it but a quick google search brings up a Reddit thread of Romos best calls where a poster brings it up. Ilovethetradio is the poster who mentioned Romo saying that was best for him. We aren’t just making it up. Romo really did say it. It is not part of the actual video though in the thread though. Just a poster commenting about what Romo said.

Thanks man I'm having trouble finding it.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
BS..... even if it were true (dont believe for a second) Tony is incredibly smart and would have never said such a thing. Please post a link to this audio or video if you are going to post such crap. I will bow down to you if you find a clip where he said he , in all seriousness, would audible out of runs so he could pad HIS stats.

Ill wait for that link
I heard him say it, he was referring to goal to goal situations the ball on the 1 or 2 yard line. Romo had a lot of short TD passes and goal to goal turn into field goals. Big complaint on the boards at time. Why don't they just pound the ball down there?

Blackrain

Reaction score

I heard the broad cast live when it happened . I don't remember him saying anything about padding his stats but he said something to the effect that the QB needs to change out of the run and pass for a TD down there .

Tony loved to pass the ball no matter what the circumstances . It was just part of his style

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

A lot of dallas fans dont know football.

T-RO

Reaction score
Elite quarterback. Clutch. Creative. Tough. Accurate.

Elite human. Funny, Genuine. Thoughtful. Passionate.

I’m not the kind of person that wishes he could be someone else. But if I had to vacate my life...and choose someone else on the planet...I’d want to be Romo. Favorite player of all time. Favorite sport personality ever.

Total. Winner.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I heard the broad cast live when it happened . I don't remember him saying anything about padding his stats but he said something to the effect that the QB needs to change out of the run and pass for a TD down there .

Tony loved to pass the ball no matter what the circumstances . It was just part of his style
Yes he mentioned all QBs should do it to pad stats. It’s a good way to get extra TD passes. Even relayed thar Murray would question him on the sidelines about it and Romo would act dumb about it like he just missed the read.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Does he talk about his retirement? Won't be able to finish the rest for a little while.

I have told you how you're not smart like a million times. I've shown you that you're not. Get out of this thread, you're just trolling at this point, people have been removed from threads for less.

You're just an instigator. Grow up, learn about football, get a girlfriend and have a happier life.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I see some anti Romo trolls enjoying some mutual ma...erm, pleasuring up in this thread.

Imagine how terrible your life must be that you've been waiting for this show to happen just so you could poop all over people reminiscing about one of the best QBs in NFL history.

Yikes. JFL