Renell Wren

cnuball21

Reaction score
Give me Allen or Mack or Huggins or Saunders before either of these guys. To me they’re just Malik Collins clones.

I’d rather have Mack too, but Wren has really good traits.

I think his ceiling is super high, but he has to improve his technique.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not much talk about him. He’s very raw, but he strikes me as a David Irving starter kit. I’d be ok with him at 58, though would rather it be at 90.
I wanted to like Wren because he fits the size requirements I prefer at 3-tech DT; however, his game footage is disappointing.

If you watch full games (not highlights) he has a lot of bad/ugly snaps. He obviously flashes ability but way too often he just gets pushed around.

As a mid/late round pick he has interesting potential but I'm not sure would draft him before round 4.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wanted to like Wren because he fits the size requirements I prefer at 3-tech DT; however, his game footage is disappointing.

If you watch full games (not highlights) he has a lot of bad/ugly snaps. He obviously flashes ability but way too often he just gets pushed around.

As a mid/late round pick he has interesting potential but I'm not sure would draft him before round 4.
Wren is an athletic specimen who doesn't know how to play football, and may lack the instincts to do so. I'll have to pass.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Wren is an athletic specimen who doesn't know how to play football, and may lack the instincts to do so. I'll have to pass.

I watched the Washington game, and it was like he had never played football before. No clue where the ball was going, totally washed out of the play, couldn't get off the block, and all in all just flat out disappointing IMO.

No way I would ever take him in the first 2 days. If someone does it's going to be a long process to fix that guy IMO.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’d rather have Mack too, but Wren has really good traits.

I think his ceiling is super high, but he has to improve his technique.
I almost always agree with you cnu because you have a good eye, but you’re wrong about this guy. There is NOTHING about his tape that jumps out. In a perfect world the kid winds up a UDFA. He’s a JAG.