Replacing Heath among top priorities

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Heath is terrible. Woods isn't great either but he's young and can improve. Heath is constantly late to the play and rarely makes a play. Our safeties are a big contributor to our lack of INT's. Corners have to play safe because they know if the WR gets past them the S won't be able to do anything. Move Heath back to Special Teams and get SOMEONE with a tad bit of ability in FA and our defense improves dramatically.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Hey if he'll sign for 15 to 20m then yeah but at the end of last season he was talking of being the highest paid safety in the league. That's something above the 6 yr 76m Berry got. It's what led to the goofy holdout and declaration he wouldn't practice this season. I'm guessing his ego will lead to retirement if he doesn't get something between 50 to 60 and I would hope they dont pay that especially with his recent injury history. But hey, if he'll sign for 20 I'll be right there with you cheering along. But I honestly think you're deluding yourself!

Your delusional thinking DJ Sweanger is an upgrade! :lmao2::laugh::laugh::laugh:

exciter

Reaction score
Your delusional thinking DJ Sweanger is an upgrade! :lmao2::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Never said upgrade...I said options. And Swearinger was having a really good season for him. He was released for publicly criticizing the coaching decisions there. Personally I think he was correct but that's just me!

lostar2009

Reaction score
Never said upgrade...I said options. And Swearinger was having a really good season for him. He was released for publicly criticizing the coaching decisions there. Personally I think he was correct but that's just me!

We need an upgrade. Not another Heath. I'll take the safety that can line ppl up and play coverage any day. But let's compare stats

DJ
53 tcks - 4 ints - ALL 16 games played!

E. T
22 tcks- 3 ints - Only 4 games played!!!!!!!!!

It's over with. If ET is still the creame of the crop of safeties. Right now we can probably get him for a high 2nd tier price.

exciter

Reaction score
We need an upgrade. Not another Heath. I'll take the safety that can line ppl up and play coverage any day. But let's compare stats

DJ
53 tcks - 4 ints - ALL 16 games played!

E. T
22 tcks- 3 ints - Only 4 games played!!!!!!!!!

It's over with. If ET is still the creame of the crop of safeties. Right now we can probably get him for a high 2nd tier price.
And the key stat 4 games, on ir 2 of the last 3 seasons and has missed games in all 3. Might as well extend Lee for 5 years 60 million also! They could be limp and gimp sideline buddies!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I know he's a fan favorite here and was continually ticketed as better than Byron(despite many logical explanations to the contra) from those that get sucked into flashy plays once every blue moon.

He's a big reason towards our loss on Saturday.

Luckily the safety market has cratered, and finding an upgrade for Heath should be extremely easy.

Stephen Jones "we like our guys" and we will "not be big players in free agency"!
Maybe in the draft?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Stephen Jones "we like our guys" and we will "not be big players in free agency"!
Maybe in the draft?

I'm still holding out hope since the market for safeties have cratered that we will be in the market for safeties in free agency. I'm not going to going to get my hopes up too high obviously haha

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope since the market for safeties have cratered that we will be in the market for safeties in free agency. I'm not going to going to get my hopes up too high obviously haha

Maybe they are still enamoured with ET so much and considering his injury that they can get something done, this would handle the position and the best player takes the other S position, even if it was a new draft pick.

lostar2009

Reaction score
And the key stat 4 games, on ir 2 of the last 3 seasons and has missed games in all 3. Might as well extend Lee for 5 years 60 million also! They could be limp and gimp sideline buddies!

Lee is wash up he should move into coaching. Also ET suffer two different injuries. The first one was a broken tibia and the second was a leg fractured. Before then he had 107 consecutive starts with Seattle. ET is the Cowboys last chance to quickly solidify this secondary.

exciter

Reaction score
Lee is wash up he should move into coaching. Also ET suffer two different injuries. The first one was a broken tibia and the second was a leg fractured. Before then he had 107 consecutive starts with Seattle. ET is the Cowboys last chance to quickly solidify this secondary.
Tibia fibula they're both bones in your leg, I've broken both. Got the metal plates and pins to prove it. Regardless, what difference does it make. He's finished 2 of the last 3 years on ir. He's the cowboys last chance to solidify their defence. Wow that's just rediculous. What he's wanting for his next contract was so outrageous that Seattle isn't even attempting to resign or having discussions with him. But yeah, he gonna up and sign some 2nd tier fa contract.

John813

Reaction score
I think they'll go after Thomas. They wanted him but Seattle was playing hardball with us.
As a soon to be UFA, I think the Cowboys will offer him a deal. Won't be setting any records contract wise if he signs here though.

morat1959

Reaction score
Heath is terrible. Woods isn't great either but he's young and can improve. Heath is constantly late to the play and rarely makes a play. Our safeties are a big contributor to our lack of INT's. Corners have to play safe because they know if the WR gets past them the S won't be able to do anything. Move Heath back to Special Teams and get SOMEONE with a tad bit of ability in FA and our defense improves dramatically.
I agree with everything except moving him to ST. He’s not very good there either. In fact our ST weren’t very special as a whole. He needs to be shown the door.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know he's a fan favorite here and was continually ticketed as better than Byron(despite many logical explanations to the contra) from those that get sucked into flashy plays once every blue moon.

Luckily the safety market has cratered, and finding an upgrade for Heath should be extremely easy.

He had a broken wrist...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Love the Heath...respect the Heath...but he has "Special teams" player written all over his forehead!
We need a real SS back there.....Bill Bates anyone????

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think they'll go after Thomas. They wanted him but Seattle was playing hardball with us.
As a soon to be UFA, I think the Cowboys will offer him a deal. Won't be setting any records contract wise if he signs here though.

I agree here.....I think Stephen will make a modest offer ( conservative ) will very little guarantee money coz age and previous injury. To be honest, I'd have no problem coz you have no idea which ET you're signing, All-Pro or guy who's lost his speed due to age/injuries. As someone mention, his speed is what made him one of the best. Bottom line, make sure we're not just signing a name.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Love the Heath...respect the Heath...but he has "Special teams" player written all over his forehead!
We need a real SS back there.....Bill Bates anyone????
Bill Bates was a mediocre safety.

He made his living on subpackage nickel duty that was drawn up for him and especially special teams kick coverages.

He was no better than people rag on Jeff Heath for in coverage. In fact, he was worse.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Bates was a mediocre safety.

He made his living on subpackage nickel duty that was drawn up for him and especially special teams kick coverages.

He was no better than people rag on Jeff Heath for in coverage. In fact, he was worse.

??? Exactly I'm comparing Heath to Bates....?????

dallas72

Reaction score
again I am not a big Jeff H fan but you can not blame a player playing his responsibility in a given D that goes squarely on the D call and coaches, and I know Richard is the darling but that s the way it is. On the flip side I believe JH is not a very good safety but Richard seems to disagree with me. Enjoy the off season
ET is a FS ..Heath is SS