Twitter: Report - Cowboys OC Kellen Moore not expected to get head coaching offer

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Moore is less of a problem than an inaccurate QB who has problem with zone defenses and mechanics. I remember how often commenters were praising his play and scheme design early in the season. Maybe some defensive coordinators adjusted and got better at defending it, but I also so a number of all-22 plays where receivers were open and Dak just wasn't seeing them or was simply afraid to throw the ball.

khiladi

Reaction score
The reality is we tend to run directly under Center. When Linehan was here, he ran 80% of the time under Center and threw 80% of the time under shotgun. This didn’t change much with Moore who in 2019 called 70% of run plays under Center.

Dallas hasn’t been facing 8 man fronts anywhere near what the top RBs face ever since Moore became OC. It’s averaged around 15-16% of the time. It’s not surprising we are not as efficient running it as we were then, considering how much we are passing now.

Our QB makes everything predictable, when he can’t throw a well-timed drop-back under Center accurately. That in itself limits the OC.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...lling-snap-analysis-2019-season-dak-prescott/

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
And this criticism of Moore seems to be related to personality, not issues as an OC. Facts are he got plenty of interviews, he just may not have impressed as far as the personality of an NFL coach.

Those teams already know about his offensive play calling, meaning that’s what got him the interviews in the first place.

Patrick

Reaction score
This all but guarantees he is the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry has another chance to say "SEE?!?! I WAS RIGHT! I KNEW THIS ALL ALONG I'M SO MUCH SMARTER THAN THE REST OF YOU!!"

Another wasted decade coming soon...

plymkr

Reaction score

“at least one hiring committee came away wondering if he has the commanding personality and leadership style to stand in front of an entire team and grab players’ attention.”

You mean a coach that can't adjust his offense to attack the defense is not getting a HC job. What a shock.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Shocking. Lol

We've known this for awhile now. No one is impressed at his inability to adapt.

What's worse is I doubt Jerry cuts his Jr. Coach. He will be back next season for more of the same.

Unless we somehow release MM and the coach is able to pick his coordinator.

It's a cluster flunk. We lose Quinn and are saddled with Moore. Just perfect...

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I for one think he will be fine and might surprise some people later on... maybe not as a NFL HC but as an OC or college head coach

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Well. That sucks. So we’re getting the same trash coaching minus the one we want to stay, which will probably leave. Dan Quinn.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The more I see of Kellen the more I just don't see him as a head coach.

I think he is a fine OC and Dak is 10x more of the problem than he is, but the dude is just so bland and uncharismatic that it would be hard to take him seriously.
"and Dak is 10x more of the problem than he is"...

And only 7 posters liked your comment. Those 7 being the same Dak haters ....
:muttley:

leeblair

Reaction score

“at least one hiring committee came away wondering if he has the commanding personality and leadership style to stand in front of an entire team and grab players’ attention.”

Yeah, and Jerry Jones passed on Bill Belicheck once, too.
And Jerry had Chan Gailey, then Dave Campo, and shafted Cowboys fans with 13 years of Jason Garrett.
Passing on someone doesn't justify the owner;
Winning does.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Don't worry, Kellen. The rest of the NFL might have seen you are worthless, but you'll always have a home in Dallas! Jerry will give you the shot after we honor MM's contract for no reason at all.

links18

Reaction score

What is this thing called a "hiring committee"? You mean he didn't just get a sleep over at the owner's house?

DCCowboys11

Reaction score

“Obviously”, the answer is NO! Because he’s a kid that had no experience and was handed a position too big for him!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

You mean to tell me that wonder boy and his Madden playbook didnt impress the hiring committees, LMAO

Even the Jags are like, "that is going to be a hard no from me dawg":laugh: