Report: Cowboys Were Involved In Jamal Adams Trade Talks

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh gee ANOTHER unsubstantiated speculative rumor is now supposed to believed as gospel truth. If the day ever comes when Jones says that the Cowboys made an offer for Adams, then and only then will I believe it. No matter what sportswriter guesses, speculates or starts any rumors will not convince me.

NastyRemarkableGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Jamal Adams is a great player no argument there, but the price Seattle payed was extraordinary and rather surprising.
Jets got a haul in return and its not like Bradley McDougald is a trash throw in,, we would be overjoyed as Cowboys fans to have
McDougald, easily our best safety.
So just saying the Jets banged this ball out of the park.

You forgot to add that they paid all of that for a (2) year rental. Adams will be a FA after 2021 and can shop himself around to whomever & wherever he wants. Crazy/stupid trade, without agreeing to a long term deal, if you ask me.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You forgot to add that they paid all of that for a (2) year rental. Adams will be a FA after 2021 and can shop himself around to whomever & wherever he wants. Crazy/stupid trade, without agreeing to a long term deal, if you ask me.
I didnt forget it, just didnt bother to to add it, but you are right,, Pete has big balls and a lot of influence in that organization.
He misses his enormous safeties he had a few years back,, I need to go back and look up the names, but Seattle had two hog stickers in the backfield, as big as LBs.. but injury prone, but highly effective and deadly when healthy.
PC is addicted to that equation, and this move proves it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I totally agree.

If the Seahawks didn't get a long term extension done with Adams, they screwed themselves.

They either:
  1. Gave up two 1st round picks, a 3rd rounder, and a player for a two year rental
  2. Gave all negotiating leverage to the player and agent, who know that the Seahawks have to pay him whatever he wants based on the investment of draft capital
The same thing that happened to the Texans with Laremy Tunsil, a mid-level offensive tackle now being the top paid in the league. And what the Rams will have to do with Jalen Ramsey as well, given what they gave up to get him in that trade. The Cowboys were in a similar boat with Amari Cooper, though not to the same extreme, given that they only parted with one 1st round pick.

It's a terrible business practice.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is all Adams was worth to begin with. Well maybe a 2nd rounder. :laugh:
Aye in this instance I understand not trading more than a 2nd. I would've done a 2nd and a 3rd. I'm not giving the whole farm for him though. I'm just saying don't sit here and act like Cowboysw ere in these discussion because we know they weren't lol.

bewp7

Reaction score
thanks god the cowboys did not really get involved

the seahawks did give a ton and i think they will regret the trade probably but i do not hate it because they have russ wilson #2 best qb in the nfl so that give them the luxury to not have to surround their qb with the best talent to get the best out of him...russ is a real franchise qb so he elevates the offense by himself.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Thank goodness we didn't overpay to win a Super Bowl!!!! I'd much rather save Jerry's money and continue to not win.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It seems every trade or signing we missed out on, someone from the team tells us how involved we were in the process....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I totally agree.

If the Seahawks didn't get a long term extension done with Adams, they screwed themselves.

They either:
  1. Gave up two 1st round picks, a 3rd rounder, and a player for a two year rental
  2. Gave all negotiating leverage to the player and agent, who know that the Seahawks have to pay him whatever he wants based on the investment of draft capital
The same thing that happened to the Texans with Laremy Tunsil, a mid-level offensive tackle now being the top paid in the league. And what the Rams will have to do with Jalen Ramsey as well, given what they gave up to get him in that trade. The Cowboys were in a similar boat with Amari Cooper, though not to the same extreme, given that they only parted with one 1st round pick.

It's a terrible business practice.
I wont dismiss a football mind of the level of Pete,, so Im very interested in how this franchise movement transcends.... or fails...
PC has been very stable and FO gives him full reigns so lets see how this major decision unfolds... so far PC has done a very good job.

lkelly

Reaction score
"Believed?"

People believe all sorts of crazy stuff.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Ha, yea they were in it until someone mentioned something about first round picks. Omg we missed out on a S with 2 career ints, I’ll get more then that in one game of madden. I guess we have to suffer with making 1st round picks for the next few years.

Hey what’s the QB market look like this year are we talking four 1sts for Trevor Lawrence? Shoot. If that’s the game now I do it, get Lawrence (assuming the Dak thing keeps going the way it’s going or the season is a wash).