Report: Cowboys Were Involved In Jamal Adams Trade Talks

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
All the dumb dumbs in here saying seattle paid too much is hilarious. Seattle has their QB locked up and hes a little older they are in win now. They are also a perennial playoff team which means they pick in the mid 20's every year. For them to move up into the top 10 to get a talent like jamal adams it would cost them that mid 20 pick and a future 1. The 3rd rd pick is just a trade back since the seahawks will have a late 3rd and the jets will have an early 4th round pick. Throwing in mcdougald is meh. But they are in win now. Good move for both teams now the jets actually have to pick good players outside the top 10 which they haven't done recently.

Nah, we's smart I's think.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
All the dumb dumbs in here saying seattle paid too much is hilarious. Seattle has their QB locked up and hes a little older they are in win now. They are also a perennial playoff team which means they pick in the mid 20's every year. For them to move up into the top 10 to get a talent like jamal adams it would cost them that mid 20 pick and a future 1. The 3rd rd pick is just a trade back since the seahawks will have a late 3rd and the jets will have an early 4th round pick. Throwing in mcdougald is meh. But they are in win now. Good move for both teams now the jets actually have to pick good players outside the top 10 which they haven't done recently.

Yes there have been so many safeties that are credited with being that one player makes defense the best thing since sliced bread. In fact I'm so amazed that there haven't been scores of league MVP's that were safeties because how so many have turned defenses into dominating defenses. The heck with getting defensive ends that put constant pressure on QB's making them hurry bad throws, just get that safety that will cover up all other problems on defenses.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Very happy.

Stupid trade for Seattle.

Unbelievable what they got when you consider the Jets had no choice but move him after the comments he was making about the organization & Gase. If he were our player we would have ended up paying someone to take him.
Trades like this & Hopkins is why you learn not to say something will "never" happen.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Tell me when was the last time and the TOTAL number of times a SAFETY is credited as being that one player, that player that was responsible for that defense being considered as good as it actually was, that one player that all the sports people would say if he wasn't there they had no chance of winning let alone win a Super Bowl? There have been some good safeties but none of them are held that high that entire defenses will/would have collapsed if they weren't there.

Rodney Harrison was often credited as being the missing piece for the Pats in their super bowl wins with him. Ronnie Lott was a huge contributor to that 49ers dynasty. Ed Reed was often credited as being the mvp to that legendary Ravens defense even though their LBs got all of the press. Even our own super bowl teams of the 90s had major contributions at safety from Thomas Everett. Adams was a 6th pick in the draft and is easily worth two late first round picks when you consider how many plays he blows up and the fact he’s the best cover SS in the league.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes there have been so many safeties that are credited with being that one player makes defense the best thing since sliced bread. In fact I'm so amazed that there haven't been scores of league MVP's that were safeties because how so many have turned defenses into dominating defenses. The heck with getting defensive ends that put constant pressure on QB's making them hurry bad throws, just get that safety that will cover up all other problems on defenses.
Adams does things from the safety position at a level that I havent seen from anyone else in the league. Fitz may be the closest.

I do agree with the premise of your point though.

Adams is one of my favorite all time players, and is the vocal leader we needed desperately. Someone to keep everyone accountable and would have been a great addition here....

But theres just no way you can send that type of haul away of you're Dallas. Seattle? Coach knows he is quitting soon and is going for it.

I said all along the Jets need more back than Dallas would be able to give. I'm still shocked Seattle parted with that cost though.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Troy palumalu, bob sanders. These are guys that played all over the field. They make the defenders around then better. Jamal is 24 years old and is a 2 time All Pro.

Yes a stud DE would be great but maybe they take a taco with the 28th pick.

This league aint the same the back end needs to hold up as well. Our back end sucked hence why we didnt have the sacks and pressures we should have even though our pass rushers win rate % was very good.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Rodney Harrison was often credited as being the missing piece for the Pats in their super bowl wins with him. Ronnie Lott was a huge contributor to that 49ers dynasty. Ed Reed was often credited as being the mvp to that legendary Ravens defense even though their LBs got all of the press. Even our own super bowl teams of the 90s had major contributions at safety from Thomas Everett. Adams was a 6th pick in the draft and is easily worth two late first round picks when you consider how many plays he blows up and the fact he’s the best cover SS in the league.
Talk to em

fivetwos

Reaction score
Troy palumalu, bob sanders. These are guys that played all over the field. They make the defenders around then better. Jamal is 24 years old and is a 2 time All Pro.

This league aint the same the back end needs to hold up as well. Our back end sucked hence why we didnt have the sacks and pressures we should have even though our pass rushers win rate % was very good.
Paloumalu is probably the best comparison.

That guy was all over the place, making plays on all levels and was the leader of that defense.

Frustrating when people tell you "safeties dont matter" and insinuate that having Xavier Woods out there vs what a guy like Paloumalu brings to the table is the same thing is when I quit the conversation.

This Dallas defense is VERY desperate for a playmaking safety, and a vocal leader. Doesnt have to be the same guy, but aside from counting on the offense entirely, this team goes nowhere until they realize that one 6th round pick after another isnt gonna get it done.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know why this team never seems to value the S position enough to put some first round capital into it and draft a great S. I know Byron Jones was supposed to be a S, but it was clear he was better at CB. Was Roy Williams the last first round S we have had?

I would NOT have given up what Sea did for Adams. That’s too much. But for whatever reason, this FO has consistently either avoided drafting S’s and DTs in the first round, or gone cheap to acquire mid-level talent at those positions. I think that philosophy has proven to hurt this team over time.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Would have loved Adam’s but not for 2 number ones, maybe 1 one and a second or third round pick, burnout 2 ones, no way!

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely true. However, that S is the guy who maximizes the talent, brings them together so to speak. That S needs the talent around him to mold. Giving up that much and then having to pay him huge could easily keep the team from getting the talent around him.

basel90

Reaction score
How can we afford anyone with our cap situation and our over priced players ; Dak , zeke , DLaw. Etc .

joseephuss

Reaction score

Bob Sanders was one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. The guy missed so many games in his career and never played a full season. He had a grand total of 6 interceptions in his career. People criticize the Cowboys defensive backs for never getting turnovers.

Jamal Adams is a good player, but all the other safeties mentioned didn't costs two #1 draft picks for their respective teams to acquire. Those teams also got those guys to play several years on rookie deals. Seattle gets Adams for one year on a rookie deal and then must pay him a lot of money or lose him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sure, the Cowboys were "involved"

Jerry: Hello. Just callin' to see what you're askin' for Adams.
Jets: 2 first rounders and a 3rd
Jerry: Click
Jets: Jerry? Jerry? You there?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Paloumalu is probably the best comparison.

That guy was all over the place, making plays on all levels and was the leader of that defense.

Frustrating when people tell you "safeties dont matter" and insinuate that having Xavier Woods out there vs what a guy like Paloumalu brings to the table is the same thing is when I quit the conversation.

This Dallas defense is VERY desperate for a playmaking safety, and a vocal leader. Doesnt have to be the same guy, but aside from counting on the offense entirely, this team goes nowhere until they realize that one 6th round pick after another isnt gonna get it done.
Exactly.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Bob Sanders was one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. The guy missed so many games in his career and never played a full season. He had a grand total of 6 interceptions in his career. People criticize the Cowboys defensive backs for never getting turnovers.

Jamal Adams is a good player, but all the other safeties mentioned didn't costs two #1 draft picks for their respective teams to acquire. Those teams also got those guys to play several years on rookie deals. Seattle gets Adams for one year on a rookie deal and then must pay him a lot of money or lose him.
I didn't realize saving money wins games

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don’t know why this team never seems to value the S position enough to put some first round capital into it and draft a great S. I know Byron Jones was supposed to be a S, but it was clear he was better at CB. Was Roy Williams the last first round S we have had?

I would NOT have given up what Sea did for Adams. That’s too much. But for whatever reason, this FO has consistently either avoided drafting S’s and DTs in the first round, or gone cheap to acquire mid-level talent at those positions. I think that philosophy has proven to hurt this team over time.
Byron Jones was trash at safety and overdrafted landon collins was the best safety in that draft. Yes Roy was our last real safety we drafted in the first. But unfortunately the game changed on him mid career.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Bob Sanders would have been a HOF player if he could stay healthy.

Now I realize the magnitude of that IF is significant.

If you deem him as overrated overall, I'll accept that, but his play, for what little there was of it...was exceptional.