Report: Cowboys Were Involved In Jamal Adams Trade Talks

joseephuss

Reaction score
Wheres the "stat" for taking a stupidly ridiculous angle to the ball?

How about the one for the opposing WR knowing you're getting you're head knocked off if you come across the middle?

Jeff Heath doesnt know what a football is compared to Bob Sanders. The guy couldnt stay on the field and that's grantedly part of it.

I also saw every single one of those Heath interceptions. Yeah great.

No doubt Heath isn't quality. I think Sanders was better, but I never saw him in the tier of the top safeties even when he was healthy. The stats bear that out. Six career interceptions is extremely low. If he did that in Dallas, the guys on this board would be moaning. He wasn't trash, but I never saw him a potential Hall of Famer. I look at John Lynch, Brian Dawkins and Ed Reed to name but a few guys that played around the same time period and Sanders was a clear big step below them.

Proof

Reaction score
All the dumb dumbs in here saying seattle paid too much is hilarious. Seattle has their QB locked up and hes a little older they are in win now. They are also a perennial playoff team which means they pick in the mid 20's every year. For them to move up into the top 10 to get a talent like jamal adams it would cost them that mid 20 pick and a future 1. The 3rd rd pick is just a trade back since the seahawks will have a late 3rd and the jets will have an early 4th round pick. Throwing in mcdougald is meh. But they are in win now. Good move for both teams now the jets actually have to pick good players outside the top 10 which they haven't done recently.

difference being, if they did that they'd have him on a 5 year cost controlled deal, not a a market setting one.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
keep listening to dinosaurs like yourself who haven't realized the game has passed them by yet.

Gee lets take a minute and check something. The last 5 Super Bowl winners, who were those all world safeties for each. The chiefs, patriots, eagles, patriots and broncos. Surely there had to been at least one all world safety on one of those teams. One of those safeties had to be at least the 2nd highest vote getter for league MVP. Oh I forgot only dinosaurs don't think safeties are MVP type players.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Gee lets take a minute and check something. The last 5 Super Bowl winners, who were those all world safeties for each. The chiefs, patriots, eagles, patriots and broncos. Surely there had to been at least one all world safety on one of those teams. One of those safeties had to be at least the 2nd highest vote getter for league MVP. Oh I forgot only dinosaurs don't think safeties are MVP type players.
Chiefs had the honey badger. Pats had always had strong safety play with mccourtey and chung. Rodney harrison in the 2000s, eagles had malcolm jenkins and broncos had tj ward and ballin corners. All those guys are pro bowl/all pro type guys

fivetwos

Reaction score
Harrison, Lott and Reed were all really good safeties but give me a link that states that those teams wouldn't have won if any of those weren't there. I know there are games where they made a play that may have decided a win here and there, but I don't recall ANY safety ever being named NFL MVP. I don't hear GM's or coaches say they will build a great defense and we will start by getting a safety. Seems to me they say they are starting by getting a defensive lineman or maybe a LB, but where's the call to start with safety? Because a team went way overboard in getting Adams I'll remind you of an old saying. If someone jumps off a 1000 foot cliff are you going to jump off too.
Yeah well I guess the guys running the Seahawks are pure idiots and you're the smartest guy around.

Agree to disagree already. My goodness.

Theres not a "link" or a "stat" for everything to be able to prove something.

Send me a LINK that says THIS wouldnt have happened without THAT. Come on already.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Chiefs had the honey badger. Pats had always had strong safety play with mccourtey and chung. Rodney harrison in the 2000s, eagles had malcolm jenkins and broncos had tj ward and ballin corners. All those guys are pro bowl/all pro type guys

And none of them were league MVP. I'm not saying that it's not nice or good to have a good safety, just that it's not the first or top priority for teams. It's not the position that teams normally way over spend to fill. I say normally because there is always going to a team that goes nuts and over spends for a position. There is nothing you or anyone else can say that is going to convince the vast majority of people that Seattle didn't way over spend for Adams. The day it happened there were already many articles about the trade and some came right out and said Seattle over spent and others took a more diplomatic approach and just said the price might have been to much. There's been a lot of really good safeties over the years but not a single one was so important to his team or the league that he was voted the MVP of the league. To listen to some hear you would think that the safety position was the QB of defense but funny thing, not ha ha funny, there isn't even a single safety that is calling the plays or coverage for the defense when they huddle up. None of them have the speaker in their helmet.

kskboys

Reaction score
And none of them were league MVP. I'm not saying that it's not nice or good to have a good safety, just that it's not the first or top priority for teams. It's not the position that teams normally way over spend to fill. I say normally because there is always going to a team that goes nuts and over spends for a position. There is nothing you or anyone else can say that is going to convince the vast majority of people that Seattle didn't way over spend for Adams. The day it happened there were already many articles about the trade and some came right out and said Seattle over spent and others took a more diplomatic approach and just said the price might have been to much. There's been a lot of really good safeties over the years but not a single one was so important to his team or the league that he was voted the MVP of the league. To listen to some hear you would think that the safety position was the QB of defense but funny thing, not ha ha funny, there isn't even a single safety that is calling the plays or coverage for the defense when they huddle up. None of them have the speaker in their helmet.
Using an antiquated voting system to determine a player's worth is sorta silly.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah well I guess the guys running the Seahawks are pure idiots and you're the smartest guy around.

Agree to disagree already. My goodness.

Theres not a "link" or a "stat" for everything to be able to prove something.

Send me a LINK that says THIS wouldnt have happened without THAT. Come on already.

But it's not just me. The day of the trade there were articles about the trade where the sportswriters came right out and said that Seattle over spent on Adams. Others took a more diplomatic approach and just question what Seattle gave up for Adams. When a new head coach comes in with a new DC and talk about building a good defense we don't hear them say that they are going to start at the safety position. This should help put things into perspective for the people that think the safety is it. The highest paid DL are in the low to mid 20 mil a year, the highest paid safety is 14 mil a year and it's not Adams and the average salary is 3.78 mil a year. Corners highest paid is 16.6 mil a year and the average is higher than safety at 5.83 mil per season. LB are paid more than safeties. So that should show you the pecking order for safeties.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This might be the worst take ive seen. You are really basing a players worth based on mvp voting that is done by old dinosaur sports writers lol. You just listed sb teams and i listed the pro bowl and all pro safeties that were on those teams. Now you moved the goalpost to league mvp lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Your daughter aint say nothin bout nancyboy when that thang dropped across her forehead
Ah, I see you've lost yet another argument.

And that little insult is so bad it was more funny than anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cern

Reaction score
Using an antiquated voting system to determine a player's worth is sorta silly.
Does mvp mean mvp of the entire league, or mvp to his specific team which makes more sense to me.

kskboys

Reaction score
Does mvp mean mvp of the entire league, or mvp to his specific team which makes more sense to me.
Certain positions get major preference when it comes to voting. That's why using MVP as a measuring stick of a player's/position's worth isn't accurate.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This might be the worst take ive seen. You are really basing a players worth based on mvp voting that is done by old dinosaur sports writers lol. You just listed sb teams and i listed the pro bowl and all pro safeties that were on those teams. Now you moved the goalpost to league mvp lol

I didn't move anything. If you read where this started you would have read that I said the same thing. You guys are funny. If this season a Cowboy is voted MVP then that award wouldn't be from dinosaur antiquated voters, then it will be great. I also didn't ask to name pro bowl safeties but safeties that won or were even the 2nd highest vote getter for MVP. Oh those MVP players always laugh all the way to the bank come contract time. Oh wait that MVP doesn't mean anything to the Adams fans but only because he's never even been remotely considered for a MVP.. You're never going to convince anyone that thinks Seattle over paid for Adams that they really didn't.

Londonboy

Reaction score
everybodywins.gif

Maybe I've consumed too much happy juice, but My take is....
Da Jets....Get rid of a disgruntled player, they have a young QB who may or may not be the future, they have a year to decide whether or not He's the real deal, if He is, they have extra picks to build a team around Him, if He's not, they have extra ammo to go hunt for His replacement (merry Xmas Mr Lawrence?).
Da Squawks....Improved a talented team led by a legit MVP candidate franchise QB in His prime, the price was steep, but the effects won't be felt for a couple of years and their chances of winning the SB just increased for at least that long.
Da 'Boys...Didn't mortgage the future, with a new coach and a QB playing on a franchise tag, probably a wise move.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
https://insidethestar.com/report-cowboys-were-involved-in-jamal-adams-trade-talks/

For the second time in the last few years, the Cowboys lost out on a game-changing safety who made it clear they wanted to be in Dallas, simply because the price tag got too high.

No matter your feelings on the Cowboys’ roster building as a whole, and even after seeing the haul of picks the Jets received in exchange for Adams, it’s still disappointing to see Dallas fail to upgrade to the very best at a position of need.

We should not think that the Cowboys weren’t at least calling on Jamal Adams, though.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler tweeted after the trade went down that the Seahawks (and parties involved) believed that both the Cowboys and 49ers were trying to land Adams as well. Our own John Williams has also heard rumors that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were trying to get in the mix as
The Cowboys have been burnt twice in trading 2 first round picks for a player. This wasn’t the time for a third.