Report: Dak Prescott counteroffer higher than Carson Wentz deal

HungryLion

Reaction score
And he will be worth it. Dak is a Toyota Camry. No need to overpay for a Toyota Camry.

This is a terrible analogy.

A person can go to any Toyota dealership in the country and buy a Toyota Camry is they chose to.

Good QB’s are not nearly as to acquire as Toyota camry’s.

Then again, you’re the guy who called Dak a “backup TE” when he was drafted. So I’m sure you’re still hurting from being so horribly and terribly wrong.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

A person can go to any Toyota dealership in the country and buy a Toyota Camry is they chose to.

Then again, you’re the guy who called Dak a “backup TE” when he was drafted. So I’m sure you’re still hurting from being so horribly and terribly wrong.

You might have missed the point. It wasn't about quantity, but instead was about quality. What has better quality, a Camry or something like a Corvette?

I look at it like this - Tom Brady = Corvette. Dak Prescott = Ford Festiva.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You might have missed the point. It wasn't about quantity, but instead was about quality. What has better quality, a Camry or something like a Corvette?

I get the pot you are trying to make, but it’s still a poor analogy. Toyota’s are known for being perhaps the most reliable, long lasting cars you can buy...because of the quality. More expensive and more powerful doesn’t necessarily mean better quality.

I’d rather drive a Corvette over a Camry...but I think Toyota makes a more reliable car

HungryLion

Reaction score

No I didn’t miss the point. It’s a terrible analogy when talking about whether to pay a player or not. Again. If you have the money, you can just go to a Chevy dealer and buy a corvette.

You can’t just go to a store and buy a Tom Brady no matter how much cap space you have. You also can’t just go to a store and buy somebody on Dak’s level either. For every QB as good as Dak that is drafted, there are a ton of busts.

Therefore, it’s a piss poor analogy to use when discussing whether a player should be signed or not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL, 48 pages of this so far. Just curious if anyone remembers what the longest thread was in Fanzone history. I'm guessing it was QB related as well. Very divisive subject.

Not even close.

I'm not sure if it was a QB thread or not but, if it was, I bet it was a Quincy thread.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not so sure about Elliot Glimmer. Seriously, that's going to be interesting.
We have him for this season and next for 5th year option before he starts throwing a fit. After that I am not sure either. I thought it was strange that SJ of all people said we were gonna pay him a big contract. He maybe saying that so he don’t hold out the next few years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We have him for this season and next for 5th year option before he starts throwing a fit. After that I am not sure either. I thought it was strange that SJ of all people said we were gonna pay him a big contract. He maybe saying that so he don’t hold out the next few years.

I think the Cowboys would pay him a big contract but Stephen said nothing about how long. That's the big thing right there. His contract, if it happens, is going to be a deal where it's easy to get out of IMO. The position just dictates this and his unpredictability only servers to make it more difficult to give him a big time, long term, big money contract.

JMO

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys would pay him a big contract but Stephen said nothing about how long. That's the big thing right there. His contract, if it happens, is going to be a deal where it's easy to get out of IMO. The position just dictates this and his unpredictability only servers to make it more difficult to give him a big time, long term, big money contract.

JMO
Your right. Gonna be hard to get him to sign. Or hard to work out with the agent. He will need a bunch guaranteed and hit him with a nice signing bonus to get a lot of this guaranteed off the books. Cooper will cost us 20+. He will let Julio and Thomas set the market. I was thinking Byron will be the odd man out. I know we will keep Jaylon. Dak should be signed soon. This place will erupt for a while.

I wonder what Elliot’s agent is wanting 15 a year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Your right. Gonna be hard to get him to sign. Or hard to work out with the agent. He will need a bunch guaranteed and hit him with a nice signing bonus to get a lot of this guaranteed off the books. Cooper will cost us 20+. He will let Julio and Thomas set the market. I was thinking Byron will be the odd man out. I know we will keep Jaylon. Dak should be signed soon. This place will erupt for a while.

I wonder what Elliot’s agent is wanting 15 a year.

I think Elliot is going to want more then that and it's going to be hard to justify not paying him that because the truth is that while Dak is the QB, Elliot produces more. It's going to get ugly IMO. I like the kid, I just wish he had a little more maturity going on and perhaps, a little more between the ears, in terms of recognizing a bad situation when it's looking at him in the face. Seriously, it's really hard to not like that kid. He's a great football player and I believe he's probably a good dude as well but it's different now. If he had played back in the 70s, none of this stuff would matter, but he doesn't. He plays in a time where social media is king and every little thing is magnified and put up for the world to critique. It's a different world now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Elliot is going to want more then that and it's going to be hard to justify not paying him that because the truth is that while Dak is the QB, Elliot produces more. It's going to get ugly IMO. I like the kid, I just wish he had a little more maturity going on and perhaps, a little more between the ears, in terms of recognizing a bad situation when it's looking at him in the face. Seriously, it's really hard to not like that kid. He's a great football player and I believe he's probably a good dude as well but it's different now. If he had played back in the 70s, none of this stuff would matter, but he doesn't. He plays in a time where social media is king and every little thing is magnified and put up for the world to critique. It's a different world now.
Lol. Or even playing in the 80’s and early 90’s. Our star WR Irvin got caught with hookers and coke. More than once I think. Lol

Elliot almost reminds me a little of Dez at first. JJ had a baby sitter for him the first few years. I think Elliot needs one. Or maybe this is finally enough to make him grow up. Gonna be really interesting to see how much Dak improves this season, whether they get a contract done with him or not. We are a run first team and having this O-Line and the best RB is huge and takes pressure off the QB. I just wish that Romo could have stayed healthy in 2016. It was going to be his best team around him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

A backup TE!?!
Yikes!!!

That guy is done

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He’s just a troll from years ago on the scout boards. An expert at being wrong.
He/she is a big whatevs from me if that's the kind of takes they're bringing.
No better than what @Floats-In-Water tries to type with his two index fingers.

csirl

Reaction score
Surely Ryan Fitzpatrick sets Dak's contract price i.e. 5.5m per year?

Like Dak, Fitzmagic is an experienced starter who is very up and down. Fitzmagic had a better win/loss percentage and QBR than Dak last season.