Twitter: Report: Gurley out for Sunday's game (Zeke likely wins rushing title)

mahoneybill

Reaction score
There is never a guarantee that sitting anyone will result in some long run... but let Zeke get hurt Sunday and watch all the criticism JG takes for being an idiot, and watch any chance we have of beating the Seahags disappear.

1 quarter at the most for Zeke, and selective runs at that. He should be the rushing champ regardless of how many yards he puts up this Sunday as I don't think the Cowboys are going to allow SB to put up over 200 to catch him.....

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I would like someone to explain how resting the previous week prevent the team from winning against GB in 2016.

Explain as in you have zero understanding why any team would consider resting players?

Or because you want to argue a point that resting players would not have any impact on the following week?

blueblood70

Reaction score
New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees indicated after practice Wednesday that he won't play the whole game -- if he plays at all -- and said other players would sit out.

"You want to be the best that you can be when the playoffs arrive," said Brees, who added that backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater would play. "I don't think we're worried about killing momentum or anything else because we're not goofing around at practice. I mean, we're taking practice serious, guys are getting the work done we need to get done. We're going through the process, we're going through our routine and preparing ourselves to play."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20181230_CAR@NO/
im sure that what they did before the game we beat them..kudos ;))
Besided Brees is a 19yr vet , hes been there before, we are VERY young team..need to stay mentally and physically IN IT..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Explain as in you have zero understanding why any team would consider resting players?

Or because you want to argue a point that resting players would not have any impact on the following week?

Yea go ahead, explain how after playing a long season you rest guys who are dinged up and that directly translates to a loss. Especially one where the loss was due to a terrible defensive call and a lack of being able to sack a one-legged QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The team will reduce snaps and get guys out who need extra time..i agree they should start the regulars for nearly half and some one series into the third but be smart about it..im pretty sure the coaches know more about their team hen we do and have plan..

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I do not care about Zeke winning a rushing title... not in the slightest. Honestly, Zeke should not touch the field this week, either should Dak or Cooper.
Well it doesn’t matter if you care or not, I’m sure Zeke is happy with it

aria

Reaction score
6 fumbles compared fo Barkley’s and Gurley’s zero, less ypc than Gurley or Barkley, 2 more carries per game than Gurley and 4 more than Barkley (who plays behind a much worse offensive line). Congrats, well deserved, he wins the most yards pissing contest so he must be the best.

Birdgang

Reaction score
If you look at attempts you would hope Zeke would win, right now has 50 more then Gurly . 2016 He had 70 more attempts than the guy at #2 . Hell even missing 6 games in 2017 he still was top 10 in attempts. Thats a lot of wear n tear ... That many Attempts more is like racing your motorcycle against a scooter ... then be all excited that you won.

Techsass

Reaction score
Wow what's up with the 2 of you? Zeke is our guy.

Would you insult the TD or passing yards QB champ just because he threw a lot more than everybody else?

aaev84

Reaction score
Zeke certainly earned it this year. Worried that he will get worn down early ala Eddie George. Watching George with the Cowboys was unfortunately sad :(

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That’s great,I knew he would win the war of attrition and take the title belt. He still wants to hit that mark of 1,500 yards rushing.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well it doesn’t matter if you care or not, I’m sure Zeke is happy with it
like a single coach, player, owner, braodcaster... or anyone on the planet gives a rats *** what we think... but it is a forum for our opinions.... duh, dip shi..