Report: Romo could become the highest paid TV analyst 2019

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Jan 22, 2019.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

39,943 Messages
    33,210 Likes Received
    Actually let me rephrase that. What idiot would leave this gig to coach the for the Dallas Cowboys lol?

2. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

6,486 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    Remember how bitter and snarky some commentators were about Romo getting a spot with CBS's top crew?

Phil Simms was especially bitter about losing the job.

Joe Buck doubted if Romo knew what it would take to step into the booth and "go 100mph"

2 seasons later and Romo has completely outclassed and out performed them both and all the naysayers

Rainy, Roadtrip635 and HanD like this.
  3. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

27,642 Messages
    72,017 Likes Received
    Did he get there before you??

Ring Leader likes this.
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

43,516 Messages
    21,112 Likes Received
    Longevity would be considered "conquering his current profession."
    He's off to an excellent start, but he still could bomb.

5. Willfreedom909

Willfreedom909 Well-Known Member

1,317 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Glad for romo. Great beginning to a new career that ended too soon :thumbup:

6. Willfreedom909

Willfreedom909 Well-Known Member

1,317 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    How can you fire the boss Jerry Jones? Or Stephen Jones?

7. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

28,427 Messages
    21,581 Likes Received
    Jerry can fire Garrett and tell Stephen to go chill in his bedroom or just manage the accounting balance sheet.

If Jerry can’t, then Romo should just chill and get paid with CBS.. why would Romo ever take a job under these clowns after not giving him his job back when the circumstances were finally right, after taking all the beatings he did for these clowns, particularly an inept Garrett..

8. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

2,084 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    I don't think he can with CBS because there are a lot of other broadcasters that does football games that they need to pay and some of them need to get paid more than average because their work don't stop once football is over. He would have to go to ESPN or NBC for that 7 or 8 because there is only one game per week and one crew.

9. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,677 Messages
    12,643 Likes Received
    Romo has made a smooth transition to the booth. He has been very very good, and really has provided the ability for the viewer to better understand the thought process of the quarterback and what they are reading on the field in two minute type situations. His insight in this regard has been outstanding, and it's something that really hasn't been presented in such a cogent, engaging manner before.

If I was going to critique him at all, it's on the subject of replays/coaches challenges. He literally equivocates about every single call, and will very rarely take a stand on what he thinks about a play. This is a place where he needs to improve - he comes across as indecisive and wishy washy during those scenarios. Every play is "really close", and he won't give an opinion.

10. ClintDagger

ClintDagger Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    A lot of coaches have young kids. Doesn’t McVay have a 2 year old? This is all hypothetical, but if Jerry called Romo today to be the HC there would be a press conference tomorrow introducing him. That’s my very strong opinion.

11. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    2,574 Likes Received
    If Romo decides to coach, it will not be about the money. He is a competitor, he is putting that on the back burner now to be with his kids and family, and I can't blame him one bit for that. But at some point, he will want to rejoin the competitive side of the business and he will go into coaching, not for the money, fame or glory, but because he wants to compete. Besides, he was an excellent NFL QB, Excellent Analyst, and will want to tackle the coaching side and become an excellent coach. I bet by the time he is 45, he will be a HC in the NFL.

12. HanD

HanD Well-Known Member

2,198 Messages
    1,649 Likes Received
    The article said he could test the waters and CBS could match any offer. I'm sure he would get big offers from espn, fox and nbc. CBS would be crazy to let him go imo.

Manning was offered 10m to do TNF..... Romo will get in that range.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  13. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

6,798 Messages
    5,287 Likes Received
    I wish that was the case but it's not. You have people who truly despise Romo because they love Dak. Then you have people who truly despise Dak, because they love Romo. Then there are the haters who despise everything about the team, either because Garrett is coach, Jerry Jones is owner or just because they're only happy when they're not happy.

The majority love the team and all our players and ex-players. Except Terrell Owens, you're allowed to hate him.

408Cowboy and CowboyStar88 like this.
  14. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,642 Messages
    9,995 Likes Received
    I suppose he could accidentally blurt out a racial slur but other than that he’s beyond bombing at this point.

tecolote likes this.
  15. Pants

Pants Well-Known Member

5,250 Messages
    6,384 Likes Received
    perhaps the newly labelled SUPER COORDINATOR....JJ can throw that out that he has the only one in football...ever....they can pay him both salaries and get him here!!!! :D

he isn't coming, why would he - he has it made now - his penance was being under JJ and now he is supremely popular as an analyst...he won't be coming back to coach in puppet-ville

16. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

2,038 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    Tony will never win a SB but he certainly won at life.

Coy likes this.
  17. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

10,162 Messages
    17,017 Likes Received
    I'm sure he already does with his endorsements and speaking engagements.

18. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

10,162 Messages
    17,017 Likes Received
    CBS is a huge conglomerate with a lot of options. If Romo wanted, they could do other shows, similar to what Gruden did with his QB series. He could do golf interview segments for major events, appearances and cameos on their TV or reality shows, weekly columns for CBS Sports, etc. Tony would have a huge number of options if CBS wants to pursue them and it's not limited to one football broadcast a week. It will basically be up to Tony on how much he wants to do.

19. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

16,818 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    He may
    He will likely get a huge deal
    He is very good at what he does
    I always loved madden because you learned from him and tony is like that
    Great for young fans

Roadtrip635 likes this.
  20. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

9,379 Messages
    8,540 Likes Received
    There is no NFL coaching job that is going to pay him 12-16m. You people that think there is are living in Fantasy Land. Current top guys are in the 10m range. Are you really going to pay a guy that has never coached the top salary in the league?

And then some of you think he would make that as a coordinator are just off your rockers.

HanD and Roadtrip635 like this.