News: Report: Troy Aikman poised to leave Fox not for Amazon but ESPN

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm sure the price is right, and Troy has openly expressed his disdain for doing two games a week, which happens to him from time to time.

Zordon

Reaction score
I didn't know Romo was banking like this. 17.5M per year??? :omg:

cej757

Reaction score
Espn is gonna make Troy work hard for that money. They'll have him on every show they have on that network every week. First take, Get up and Nfl live.

Motorola

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-poised-to-leave-fox-not-for-amazon-but-espn/

The landscape of NFL broadcasting is in for a major shakeup.

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports that Troy Aikman, who has worked at Fox for two decades, is on the verge of jumping not to Amazon, the company with which he’d been linked for months, but to ESPN for Monday Night Football.

Marchand adds that the deal is not yet done, but that it’s expected to be finalized. It’s also expected, per Marchand, to be comparable to the $18 million annual salary that Tony Romo gets from CBS — if not more.

The move means that Brian Griese and Louis Riddick will exit the Monday Night Football booth. Play-by-play announcer Steve Levy likely also will be reassigned.

The next question becomes who will Aikman’s partner be? Al Michaels reportedly wanted Aikman at Amazon; would Michaels go to ESPN instead? Would Fox allow Joe Buck to exit the company to continue his longstanding partnership with Aikman?
FOX contract with MLB for exclusive broadcast rights for the World Series was extended three years ago to run through the 2028 season.
Joe Buck ain’t giving up that gig to keep doing NFL games with Aikman.

Motorola

Reaction score
He's only allowed to do it if he sings, "Turn out the light's the party's over," when a game is out of hand.
If he takes the gig --- Aikman wouldn't do it; but I'd bet he would have the producers bring out Dandy Don's rendition for airing once or twice a season to show homage to the late Cowboys QB / MNF commentor legend.

Fire407

Reaction score
Monday Night Football lost almost all of its luster when ABC moved it from the over the air broadcast to ESPN on cable. It became the minor football game of the week. Over the past two decades I would laugh at the players and fans that would mention the Monday night game as something significant. It's the lowest rated game of all of the national telecasts. ABC is going to try to restore some of the luster by moving some games next season to the broadcast network, and hopefully hire some big name announcers. They are doing it so they can be included in the Super Bowl rotation. I think a couple of seasons from now all of the Monday night games will be on the ABC broadcast network like they were when Monday Night Football was the biggest show in town.

plymkr

Reaction score
Espn is gonna make Troy work hard for that money. They'll have him on every show they have on that network every week. First take, Get up and Nfl live.
Lol, Troy will fit right in with SAS and Michael Irvin. I would watch it just for the look on Troy's face with SAS doing his theatrics.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Is Steve Young still on MNF? I honestly don’t know. If he is that certainly makes for an interesting combination…

lostar2009

Reaction score
MNF need to have better match ups. Really dont see the point of MNF anf TNF. It been very trash lately. I recall when TNF came out execlusive on NFLN. They use to have some great match ups. Now its just meh.