News: Report: Troy Aikman poised to leave Fox not for Amazon but ESPN

Rayman70

Reaction score
The deals gotta be more than romos or he wouldn’t do it. Dam I hate ESPN with a passion
:espn: agree. But with his recent hot mic comments over the last couple years, I see why he fits in with a network like BSPN. Its a match made in heaven. I'm very sad that Troy has lined himself up with irrational agenda driven folks like this. They stopped being a sports network nearly 20 years ago. Troy and his "virtue" should fit in nicely there. Good luck Troy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What made Madden so elite at his job as a sports announcer at NFL GAMES was he never ever broke the unsaid golden rule in that industry, which was NEVER interject your own personal beliefs into a sports story to garner a narrative. John Never crossed that imaginary line. He was a football purest and he kept it untainted by his own private beliefs, no matter what was happening in the world at the time. He understood the game was bigger than him. I loved the guy for that. Pat Summerall was the same, as was Jack Buck. Maybe Joe should have listened to his Dad a bit more.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
FOX contract with MLB for exclusive broadcast rights for the World Series was extended three years ago to run through the 2028 season.
Joe Buck ain’t giving up that gig to keep doing NFL games with Aikman.

Nor should he. I might be in the minority but I like Joe Buck. He does a great job with the World Series.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would troy leave his long time partner in the booth ,Joe Buck, just to go commentate on MNF which is usually the worst game of the week?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If they get it, troy leaving makes more sense. But if you have ever watched a streaming online sport telecast, its not nearly the same picture quality. I wonder how they address that weakness.
Guessing Fox and CBS still keeps there main games on Sunday. He will do Monday Night. Some people will just be happy to watch there team play and not pay directv a ton of money. I hope they do team package. I don’t need to watch every lions game. Only Cowboys..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guessing Fox and CBS still keeps there main games on Sunday. He will do Monday Night. Some people will just be happy to watch there team play and not pay directv a ton of money. I hope they do team package. I don’t need to watch every lions game. Only Cowboys..

Oh that would be the holy grail of fandom....... the 49.99 Cowboy package. Direct TV was expensive but so are NFL rights. I guarantee you Disney and ESPN+ will have a new subscription tier for the NFL.......and it won't be the current 12.99 package deal.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Oh that would be the holy grail of fandom....... the 49.99 Cowboy package. Direct TV was expensive but so are NFL rights. I guarantee you Disney and ESPN+ will have a new subscription tier for the NFL.
Amazon is also in rights with a bid. They already have the Thursday game. I forget the bid they already made but it’s unreal. And they have very deep pockets. And we may have gotten a hint because my wife and I have a Amazon prime membership. Next year the price goes up 20 dollars a year. Maybe gathering money or giving the games to people with prime membership. Then letting you choose a package after that per game or team. Or include games with membership. They will have something going on.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If Aikman comes aboard, ESPN will fight tooth and nail with the league to get the marquee teams for the majority of their games, plus keep the dregs matchups to a minimum.

It's the cheapest package available, Thursday night gets better games... Sunday night is the marquee night for football, they'll get the best primetime games, ESPN will get what's given to them...The Monday night football brand package isn't what it once was when Gifford, Dandy Don and Cosell were there..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick, Lisa Salters, John Parry. THIS CREW HERE SUCKED. If anyone here is saying they want some more of this, my LAWD....I'm speechless. As much as Troy irritates me at times, he would be a HUGE upgrade over these curmudgeons. These guys beat u over the head into submission every Monday with their agenda. Social this social that every week. And its a case of 2 many cooks in the kitchen. You don't need 3-4 dudes in the booth., Just don't. Troy and a guy like Brian Baldinger would be friggin Awesome. I would luv to see Baldy get a chance.