News: Report: Troy Aikman poised to leave Fox not for Amazon but ESPN

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lets 'float" lol this idea..what about Rodney Harrison with Troy Aikman in the booth? Some Combo of Aikman with Baldy or Harrison might be interesting. I still would not watch that network much if at all..but it may have more appeal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Joe Buck will never be his Daddy. Jack was a pro thru and thru. He simply called the games and kept his own feelings out of it. Joe can't help himself. Thats why its hard for me to watch he and Troy. Its Satire at times.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In fantasy land, I would totally watch Aikman and M. Irvin in the booth!! Can you imagine that duo? :muttley:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think it was the team of Hank Stram and Jack Buck that is the gold standard of NFL broadcasting. John Madden and Pat Summerall are neck and neck with that team. Troy has much to learn still about not alienating half the viewers/audience with his comments on and off air. That said, he would be a huge upgrade for BSPN. Loved Howard Cosell and that bunch, but it was a clown show at times..altho entertaining as heck lol.

EST_1986

Reaction score
The broadcast means nothing to me.

If I want to see a game I watch it, if I don't it doesn't matter who is calling the game.

I'm shocked they are paid as much as they are and people think the ratings have any bearing on it at all.

No one is providing info that is worth about a million a game to anyone.
When Witten was in the booth, or Dennis Miller it was a really hard watch. I do get more excited for a game when its Tony Romo or a John Madden calling it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When Witten was in the booth, or Dennis Miller it was a really hard watch. I do get more excited for a game when its Tony Romo or a John Madden calling it.
I agree. Miller and the guys they have now were and are cringe worthy.Witten was just a fish out of water. He couldn't be himself and he was "stiff"..bland. Its just not for everyone.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I agree. Miller and the guys they have now were and are cringe worthy.Witten was just a fish out of water. He couldn't be himself and he was "stiff"..bland. Its just not for everyone.
Booger is even worse than Witten. Witten just wasn't a natural communicator but MNF just hasn't been able to put together a good team since they were on ABC with Michaels and Madden

Rayman70

Reaction score
Booger is even worse than Witten. Witten just wasn't a natural communicator but MNF just hasn't been able to put together a good team since they were on ABC with Michaels and Madden
1000% agree. Booger is just awful and tries 2 sound smarter than he is. He makes it weird. I think if he was in the booth as a color guy, he might mesh better. He's a third wheel of sorts and is overkill. Just isnt needed. Like I said, I think he may fit better in the booth if they just want 2 guys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hear you on it getting annoying when especially bad.

To me they are like refs....the less you notice them the better.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazon is also in rights with a bid. They already have the Thursday game. I forget the bid they already made but it’s unreal. And they have very deep pockets. And we may have gotten a hint because my wife and I have a Amazon prime membership. Next year the price goes up 20 dollars a year. Maybe gathering money or giving the games to people with prime membership. Then letting you choose a package after that per game or team. Or include games with membership. They will have something going on.

The Thursday steaming game on amazon is unwatchable. The commentary sucks. The picture quality is like a 1980's TV set. lol. I've got amazon prime on my 4k TV and movies are fine but for some reason, live broadcasts of sports just suck..........and that goes for Peacock streams of CL games too. All streaming sports are nothing like their TV broadcast station telecasts. Im sure its got something to do with bandwidth.........but still. I just hope they don't make all the NFL streaming content.

Aven8

Reaction score
Finally bring back credibility to MNF. I wonder who’s going to be his running mate? I’ve always like Brad Nessler’s voice, but Troy and Al would be amazing

bewp7

Reaction score
smart move

stop try to find the next tony romo and just get very establish and proven color commenter

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good news would be Griese and Riddick gone. They made me miss McFarland and Witten. Unless it was a must see match up, I avoided the MNF games because of those two amateurs.

Good move on ESPN's part as they feel the A team guy from Fox gets MNF better games and they might not be wrong.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN could offer Michaels, the best voice in sports play-by-play, more than Amazon. He might get some college games, like one of the two first round playoff games?

I think pairing them up is a great idea and that shows the audience how much ESPN cares about MNF.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Woo Hoo....even better IF he'd take his side kick, Buck with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Strange ESPN wants to shake up the Monday Night crew it’s the best one they’ve had in years in my opinion. Personally I don’t think Aikman is that great of an announcer but they obviously want a big name in the booth.