News: Report: Troy Aikman poised to leave Fox not for Amazon but ESPN

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm guessing the compensation would make it just fine for him. It would also improve MNF.

.,,,.definitely a big upgrade over Booger McFarland or who ever replaced him but the fact of the matter is that people tune into that game for the matchups rather than the announcers. Even Troy ain’t saving Jaguars vs Browns…..or whatever rare clunker they may have scheduled

not money we’ll spent

Gaede

Reaction score
This is great. I like Aikman, but Buck just ruins the experience. Happy for him to be freed from Fox and that ******* Buck

Motorola

Reaction score
BTW to throw out a wildcard teammate for Troy, Ian Eagle.
I know it's rare for a fan nowadays not to have visual access to NFL (and other live sports).
But his broadcast work on radio is great.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Aikman does leave Fox then you have to figure Sean Payton would be the one to replace him. They’re going to want a big name to pair with Joe Buck.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not a good move for Troy, Monday night is a bad night for good football games, to many garbage matchups..

Being part of the Monday Night crew is still very coveted. It’s a primetime game. He’ll get paid a lot more money for less work. He’s currently doing Sundays and Thursday night. However, he’ll miss out on doing Super Bowls.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The Thursday steaming game on amazon is unwatchable. The commentary sucks. The picture quality is like a 1980's TV set. lol. I've got amazon prime on my 4k TV and movies are fine but for some reason, live broadcasts of sports just suck..........and that goes for Peacock streams of CL games too. All streaming sports are nothing like their TV broadcast station telecasts. Im sure its got something to do with bandwidth.........but still. I just hope they don't make all the NFL streaming content.
I heard that fubo tv is supposed to be the best hd streaming of sports.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being part of the Monday Night crew is still very coveted. It’s a primetime game. He’ll get paid a lot more money for less work. He’s currently doing Sundays and Thursday night. However, he’ll miss out on doing Super Bowls.
Didn't they get a SB to put on ABC?

EST_1986

Reaction score
Finally bring back credibility to MNF. I wonder who’s going to be his running mate? I’ve always like Brad Nessler’s voice, but Troy and Al would be amazing
I think Al may be going with Amazon, but if MNF pulls Aikman and Al together they just need to put the broadcast back on ABC

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

coveted???? It's a turnstile for play by play and analysts over the last ten years...Monday night Football lost it's luster twenty years ago..it's a garbage bin of bad games, the coveted Games the league wants to promote is Sunday night and Thursday night

EST_1986

Reaction score
coveted???? It's a turnstile for play by play and analysts over the last ten years...Monday night Football lost it's luster twenty years ago..it's a garbage bin of bad games, the coveted Games the league wants to promote is Sunday night and Thursday night
ESPN can actually flex games from Sunday to Monday now

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Monday Night Football will always have some status. Ever since John Gruden left they’ve had trouble finding analysts they like. The trio they have right now is real good but they’re not big names. None of them are in the Hall of Fame or have Super Bowl rings. I don’t tune in to watch games for the announcers. The problem with Monday Night football is they can’t flex games. They’re stuck with the schedule they have.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Monday Night Football will always have some status. Ever since John Gruden left they’ve had trouble finding analysts they like. The trio they have right now is real good but they’re not big names. None of them are in the Hall of Fame or have Super Bowl rings. I don’t tune in to watch games for the announcers. The problem with Monday Night football is they can’t flex games. They’re stuck with the schedule they have.
MNF can flex games

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last edited: