Report: Wentz uncoachable and insubordinate

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every story has two sides but if this is true, the Eagles have some real issues.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...hable-insubordinate-nfl-doug-pederson-news-qb

New Carson Wentz report details the Eagles’ quarterback being uncoachable and insubordinate
Yikes.

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Jan 16, 2021, 8:36am EST
He really doesn't sound like the high character guy many on here (including me) wanted in 2016. His football character was a major reason he was so popular

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He really doesn't sound like the high character guy many on here (including me) wanted in 2016. His football character was a major reason he was so popular

Actually, there have been private nibblings issues with him over the last 2-3 years. Not enough for beat writers to report coz it was more rumor/gossip type stuff ( issues with him and his receivers or insecurities with Foles presence ). Now we hearing about him and Petersen. All this stuff has been there, just it finally came to a head this season. Read a tweet just this week that Petersen has privately said he was tire of being told what to do. Lurie apparently had to choose between Doug or Wentz coz one had to go....

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Actually, there have been private nibblings issues with him over the last 2-3 years. Not enough for beat writers to report coz it was more rumor/gossip type stuff ( issues with him and his receivers or insecurities with Foles presence ). Now we hearing about him and Petersen. All this stuff has been there, just it finally came to a head this season. Read a tweet just this week that Petersen has privately said he was tire of being told what to do. Lurie apparently had to choose between Doug or Wentz coz one had to go....

Well said. I find it strange that Aikman reported that Pederson told him that he thought Hurts was the future guy. The rumor all season was Hurts was forced on him. Seems the opposite now and that Wentz was forced on them. It’s money. Only reason why an owner would take an embattled QB over a SB winning coach..one who won without said QB

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Crazy!!! Coming into the NFL he seemed like such a well-likable and coachable player. Now he is coming across as a coach killer. If it was just 1 or 2 articles I would still speculate, however, this seems to be turning into a theme out of Philly.

Pape

Reaction score
the guy had the ultimate mind *** happen to him... playing lights out, gets hurt, replaced by a guy who was on his way out of the league, who winds up winning the Super Bowl ... since then its been nothing but nits being picked, with him being the target... keep foles, dump carson... hes not a good team mate ... locker room cancer ... ... add to that the validation the team sends by signing him to a huge extension... then they go and spend a high draft pick on a qb in the very next draft...

i said this before, there is no way Lurie is eating a 60 million dollar cap hit to move him out of philly... they will get a coach who thinks he can fix him over a year or two, making it much easier for them to move on when that coach fails to do so

Bigdog

Reaction score
That last sentence in the article is simply not true: the Eagles can’t continue to cater to Wentz. Yes they can and keep it up. I am all for it. The Eagles would be a disaster if they aren’t already are.

Flamma

Reaction score
Whatever happened to a QB calling his own plays?