Twitter: Reporters Grade Dak's Training Camp Performance

conner01

Reaction score
Just based on what I seen, I will go in the C range. B- as the high, C+ may be a bit high if you include how many long passes he, as all the QB's see to miss. But they are lower % plays.

But as Kitna said, you can't judge on that alone. So to me what we don't see improvement on is how he is grasping the differences in any schemes.
I honestly trust the evaluations of a few here over the media any day

Little Jr

Reaction score
You are focusing on the letter grades and that's not the real issue.

The fact is Dak has done very little in this camp to make you think he's elevated his game. Forget the letter grades, look at the general opinions offered by those making the grades.

Dak looks like Dak. And because of they would be wise to see how he plays in games.
Grades = opinions, opinions = grades. They give their grades off of the opinions of what they saw. Drop the grades and I'll still say, it's dumb as **** to say that the opinion of the media should be a reason on not signing Dak, yet. Again, if your reason is based on your opinion on what you see, analytics and stats that you believe in, great, we disagree, but at least it's a logical reason. There is NOTHING logical about using the media grades/opinions on a reason why. It shouldn't even be extra ammo on why.

It's practice. People on both sides way over value on what they see on clips, a few minutes of live coverage, maybe going to a few practices and media opinions. Peyton Manning mentioned it, Dak has the past 2 years, Irvin has and kitna has, you can't just judge everything you see from practice. It's practice. You practice stuff. You practice new stuff. You practice stuff you're working on gettting better at. You do things you normally wouldn't do, why? To practice it and get better. To figure out what works and what doesn't. IT'S PRACTICE! !!!!

Dwight

Reaction score
LOL the Cowboys receiving weapons as a whole are middle-of-the-road at best, and the OL was average last year due to injuries.

I thought Garrett/Linehan sucked!?!? Now they’re just a better QB away from having the best offense in football????
:laugh:

Make sure you also laugh about Dak missing wide open wideouts who you feel were middle of the road. Now that’s funny.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has always been known as a bad practice player. I remember him taking the media by surprise preseason his rookie year because they felt he was awful in practice leading up to it.

Thank God that he lights it up in regular season with his 30+ TD and his 5000 yards passing his top 5 ranked Red Zone offense yada yada yada.......lol...thks for the laughs bud....

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Beating a dead horse. Since when has Dak ever been a good practice player during his time in Dallas? When the games are real then I'll make my assessment on year 4 Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And this is why the Cowboys would be dumb to sign him now.

Make him play out the 2019 before handing him a boat ton of cash.
:lmao::lmao2::facepalm::lmao2::lmao: I love your posts because every time you make one it exposes your lack of intelligence.

visionary

Reaction score
Even if you take the position that he can improve, he hasn't shown enough to date, so there should be no rush to sign him to a massive long term deal until he proves it.

It's amazing how many people have such a harsh reaction to the concept of letting Dak play in 2019, even if it's half a season or so, before handing him a contract.

This whole ‘bad practice player’ thing cracks me up no end

If you’re a bad practice player, it is either because you’re a bad player or you don’t care to concentrate as hard during practice when the rest of your team is doing exactly that

Which great NFL QBs are ‘bad practice players’?

Brady?
Peyton?
Brees?
Rodgers?

Give me a break

That should be a red flag and definitely not the sign of a leader

khiladi

Reaction score
These are the same guys that say Dak doesn’t practice well, after hyping up how much he has improved based on one practice. For the last three years, they’ve been talking about how he has been working on his deep ball and it would be a point of emphasis. They sold it again this year.

But again, the biggest problem is Dak’s anticipation and his lack of ability to read the defense quickly. You have glimpses of it or you don’t. That’s what separates back ups from good QBs. Dak can drive a bus like nobody’s business though.

khiladi

Reaction score
Thank God that he lights it up in regular season with his 30+ TD and his 5000 yards passing his top 5 ranked Red Zone offense yada yada yada.......lol...thks for the laughs bud....

The funny thing is these guys in the media LOVE Dak and make excuse after excuse for him, meaning the grades are probably more optimistic than actual reality..

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I will leave this here for all the morons:

This article talks about Dak's 3 training camps...including his rookie one...you know...the one where he went on to have one of the best rookie season's and win ROY honors.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...tart-for-the-dallas-cowboys-in-2016-tony-romo

"That would have relegated Prescott to trying to show something with a weak supporting cast during preseason, but what would have really hurt him was his poor performances in practice. He developed quite the reputation during his first three seasons for inconsistency during practices, only to turn it on during games. Without the chance to turn it on, he would likely have never shown the coaches potential."

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak struggled in training camp last year and struggled coming out the gate this year, to the point Dallas had to abandon the Dak-friendly, “don’t need a number 1” talk and get Cooper.

Dak never TURNED it on. He basically got a WR that bailed him out against soft coverages in a few games. But then he struggled again when teams started shifting their safety over to Cooper as well and Dallas got shut out for the first time in like 20 years.

These BS exaggerated narratives are bordering on delusional.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Good grief, so now we're "grading" players based on training camp before the first preseason game? Where are the OTA grades? How about the mini-camp grades?

I don't know why they even need to play preseason games or practice for another month - the results are in. #meaninglessstufftofillairtimeandsocialmedia :muttley:

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dak struggled in training camp last year and struggled coming out the gate this year, to the point Dallas had to abandon the Dak-friendly, “don’t need a number 1” talk and get Cooper.

Dak never TURNED it on. He basically got a WR that bailed him out against soft coverages in a few games. But then he struggled again when teams started shifting their safety over to Cooper as well and Dallas got shut out for the first time in like 20 years.

These BS exaggerated narratives are bordering on delusional.

Tell the truth...how many times did you bash your head into a wall after Dak led the team to 10 wins a playoff birth last season? How many times did you curse at the sky in anger as your "favorite" team won game after game late in the season?

You sound very bitter about the success of your "favorite" team. Might I suggest adopting the Eagles as your new favorite team. You would probably be a lot happier.

CB61

Reaction score
I don't give a rat's behind what he looks like in pre-season I want to see what he looks like in games and can we win games I know he's won some games for us but he's put us in bad spots and lost a lot of games for us to and when we talked about missing by inches or feet it really doesn't matter when you have a lot of misses it's like Horseshoes and Hand Grenades oh, if the receiver can't catch it doesn't matter