Twitter: Reporters Grade Dak's Training Camp Performance

CB61

Reaction score
Now let me get this straight before I even say this I was not a Tony Romo lover not like I was with Rodger Staubach so what I would have done is kept Romo around one more year and made Prescott beat him for the job. Would we have been better off doing that I don't know we'll never know because it didn't happen but the Jones mismanagement of this team of the last 25 years has cost us at least three or four more championships in my opinion

CB61

Reaction score
Now let me get this straight before I even say this I was not a Tony Romo lover not like I was with Rodger Staubach so what I would have done is kept Romo around one more year and made Prescott beat him for the job. Would we have been better off doing that I don't know we'll never know because it didn't happen but the Jones mismanagement of this team of the last 25 years has cost us at least three or four more championships in my opinion
Not just at the quarterback position or even the offensive side it's been all the way around 360 degrees

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The Broaddus grade is a little concerning since he was a scout and kind of knows what to look for. Not sure I much care about the rest of them.

rags747

Reaction score
I think we all know that Dakota is a Gamer, he will never be the most prolific QB on the field but he does seem to have the ability to strap it on when the lights are brightest.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
B, C, does it matter? Every year Dak is either working with some QB guru or training in outer space wearing gravity boots... and then the regular season starts and he is the same guy. He’s 26 years old, physically he’s a finished product... and that’s not gonna change no matter how much Kitna stares at Dak’s feet.
I should make it my sig at this point, I’ve said it so much. If all it took was hard work to correct your flaws, Tim Tebow would be coming off his 7th straight MVP award.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's my question….

If the past training camps and preseasons where Dak shined don't mean anything, then why is it this one where he has looked more ordinary does mean something?

Hey, I'll even provide the answer, and it's that training camp drills are not a good foundation for a strong evaluation.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak strength(s) are more intangibles, which you're more likely to see in a real game than a practice. Not criticizing the grades, but there's more to consider.

Great post this is the truth . At the end of close games Dak isn't a self sack Int prone QB he can overcome the bad play calling tuck it away and impose his will to get a score . Hes my QB a game winner not a heart breaker that excels at practice

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Great post this is the truth . At the end of close games Dak isn't a self sack Int prone QB he can overcome the bad play calling tuck it away and impose his will to get a score . Hes my QB a game winner not a heart breaker that excels at practice

Its more than clutch. There is no way a guy simply becomes great in the 4th quarter and is average looking the first 3.

Dak feels much more comfortable in more of a hurry up, spread formation passing attack. He has also had to learn to be good in the pocket. I would expect his pocket game to catch up with his hurry up/spread game.

The troll must have dug deep to find this report as most reports out of camp have been that Dak has looked amazing. So we are seeing the maturation in his overall game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, look...

There were misses by a special someone back in training camp 2016. All starting QBs miss passes in training camp. That's what training camp is for.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good grief, so now we're "grading" players based on training camp before the first preseason game? Where are the OTA grades? How about the mini-camp grades?

I don't know why they even need to play preseason games or practice for another month - the results are in. #meaninglessstufftofillairtimeandsocialmedia :muttley:

What can the trolls say about Dak in the regular season and playoffs?

Rookie of the year honors, pro bowls, winning seasons, clutch wins.

Like always, the trolls are left to babble about some report in TC. LOL

First bad report I have seen all offseason on Dak. They finally found one and look how excited the trolls get? LOL

Even Eagles fans arent this dumb.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not this again.

Dak has never been a good practice player. It's his M.O.. That's why when he took the 2016 preseason by storm it surprised everybody.

Of course, this will only feed the fire for the fans that want to cut Dak because he overthrows a rookie in a training camp practice. This is why fans of other teams laugh at us.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tell the truth...how many times did you bash your head into a wall after Dak led the team to 10 wins a playoff birth last season? How many times did you curse at the sky in anger as your "favorite" team won game after game late in the season?

You sound very bitter about the success of your "favorite" team. Might I suggest adopting the Eagles as your new favorite team. You would probably be a lot happier.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think we all know that Dakota is a Gamer, he will never be the most prolific QB on the field but he does seem to have the ability to strap it on when the lights are brightest.

A quick, accurate, and perfect analysis of Prescott. As long as he gets the job done, I don't care what his stats look like or how nice a spiral he can throw.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not what you would expect from a player asking or top dollar in his current contract negotiations. But at least he showed up to training camp. Zeke can rot on the vine.