Twitter: Reporters Grade Dak's Training Camp Performance

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
a few good recievers can make up for a couple of inches over....

I would think that those couple of inches are out of the reach of the efforts by those receivers. That doesn't mean that they will be. I don't worry too much about missed throws in camp. I don't like them, but I'm not sure that I can say they mean much at this point.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm more impressed with integrity than in possessions. I'm not someone with low self-esteem who has to have objects and possessions to be happy. oh well to each their own.
Things broke people say to make themselves feel better. Your bottom lip will quiver like no other when Dak signs his new deal.
:lmao2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thank God that he lights it up in regular season with his 30+ TD and his 5000 yards passing his top 5 ranked Red Zone offense yada yada yada.......lol...thks for the laughs bud....

A) What does that have to do with anything?
B) You are not arguing my point. I said that he has historically been better in games than he has practiced. In no way have I said he was elite. Quite the contrary, in fact.

EzekielToast

Reaction score
I was out there today myself and would give him a B rating, but also not saying I saw much improvement in his game.

Dak is a good player and not much more than that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Things broke people say to make themselves feel better. Your bottom lip will quiver like no other when Dak signs his new deal.
When I stand before God he will not be asking me what I had or owned, that's material things that mean nothing.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'm not putting too much stock into what happens in training camp. But the one thing I'm looking for is to see Dak trying to push the ball more downfield. Its a good time to practice that but watching the blue white scrimmage all I saw was Dak checking down constantly.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wait so the thread is dumb because it paints Dak in a bad light?

Good to know

First, The premise of media members giving training camp grades isn’t necessarily dumb in and of itself. People getting all worked over it and into long arguments about them? That is really dumb.

Second, the idea that media members giving Dak grades of “B” in training camp practices, paints him “in a bad light” really doesn’t hold much water either. The fact is, people that don’t like Dak are going to run with anything they can perceive as negative. People that like Dak are going to run with anything they perceive as positive. But the fact is, these grades are meaningless.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
First, The premise of media members giving training camp grades isn’t necessarily dumb in and of itself. People getting all worked over it and into long arguments about them? That is really dumb.

Second, the idea that media members giving Dak grades of “B” in training camp practices, paints him “in a bad light” really doesn’t hold much water either. The fact is, people that don’t like Dak are going to run with anything they can perceive as negative. People that like Dak are going to run with anything they perceive as positive. But the fact is, these grades are meaningless.
I disagree

The fact that Dak is going in to his 4th/contract year and still looks like the same QB he has been is not a good sign. And you have to remember, all of those that graded him are homers.

Agendas aside, it would be a lot more comforting if they said Dak looked noticeably better

HungryLion

Reaction score
I disagree

The fact that Dak is going in to his 4th/contract year and still looks like the same QB he has been is not a good sign. And you have to remember, all of those that graded him are homers.

Agendas aside, it would be a lot more comforting if they said Dak looked noticeably better

I mean I hear you on the last point Willie. I really do. The truth is, we really aren’t going to know for sure until the live rounds are getting fired.

Perhaps the “dumb thread” comment was an over reaction to the ridiculousness of the millienial
Threads and Dak being a scumbag and scam artists threads. And pappy’s thread about Zeke and Dak negotiating against each other.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm only interested in Jon Kitna's grade. I really don't care what any of these media "experts" thing about practice. Just being honest.

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm only interested in Jon Kitna's grade. I really don't care what any of these media "experts" thing about practice. Just being honest.
Why? If Kellen Moore is such a genius why do people believe Kitna will make a difference?

Sydla

Reaction score
Grades = opinions, opinions = grades. They give their grades off of the opinions of what they saw. Drop the grades and I'll still say, it's dumb as **** to say that the opinion of the media should be a reason on not signing Dak, yet. Again, if your reason is based on your opinion on what you see, analytics and stats that you believe in, great, we disagree, but at least it's a logical reason. There is NOTHING logical about using the media grades/opinions on a reason why. It shouldn't even be extra ammo on why.

It's practice. People on both sides way over value on what they see on clips, a few minutes of live coverage, maybe going to a few practices and media opinions. Peyton Manning mentioned it, Dak has the past 2 years, Irvin has and kitna has, you can't just judge everything you see from practice. It's practice. You practice stuff. You practice new stuff. You practice stuff you're working on gettting better at. You do things you normally wouldn't do, why? To practice it and get better. To figure out what works and what doesn't. IT'S PRACTICE! !!!!

You said it yourself. It’s practice.

He’s looked like the same Dak....... in practice.

Why is it so wrong to wait until you see him in actual games to give him a long term deal?

Little Jr

Reaction score
You said it yourself. It’s practice.

He’s looked like the same Dak....... in practice.

Why is it so wrong to wait until you see him in actual games to give him a long term deal?
AGAIN, we are at 2 different places with Dak, and that's fine. But you using practice grades/opinions as a reason, or even another reason, on why we shouldn't sign him, is just dumb. If they all gave him A's, or gave the opinion that he looked great, would you want to sign him then? Would it change your opinion on him? If they said he looked great and I came and said, this is why we should sign him now, you would be ok with that? You wouldn't think that was dumb on my part? My guess is it would be a no, no no and yes.

Just like avg to above avg PRACTICES won't change my opinion on Dak, great PRACTICES aren't going to change your opinion. PRACTICES shouldn't change either of our opinions. It's not going to change the FO opinion either, especially if their opinion is better than the media. JJ and SJ aren't reading the media grades and thinking, wow, maybe we shouldn't pay this guy because the media guy's only gave him between a C- and a B+. Top 5 money is on the table, 2 weeks of avg to above avg PRACTICES isn't going to change that.