Twitter: Reporters Grade Dak's Training Camp Performance

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak strength(s) are more intangibles, which you're more likely to see in a real game than a practice. Not criticizing the grades, but there's more to consider.

But the weaknesses we were hoping to correct are more objective, particularly accuracy.

I wasn't hoping for more intangibles, I was hoping for better accuracy on deep balls. The whiff against air on Pollard running a fly was not encouraging.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m not surprised. Dak benefits from the Oline, Zeke and Cooper.

Put a better passer in there and this offense would probably be number one or two in scoring in the league.

Put in another running QB on the cheap and you save 30mil for other positions. Not an option at this point, but they could have at least *tried* the last couple of years to give themselves that option.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put in another running QB on the cheap and you save 30mil for other positions. Not an option at this point, but they could have at least *tried* the last couple of years to give themselves that option.

Poor Jerry not quite able to admit another massive mistake as Dak stock prices are falling since his rookie year and the fan base is weary and filled with doubt if # 4 has the metal needed to get the Job done.
Jerry final nail in the Cowboy coffin will be giving Dak that 30 million $ deal.
We await our GM's decision and expect the worse and hope for the best!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This is why you don't buy offseason hype pieces. It's almost always BS.
Yea I don't buy into any hype until I see the games themselves. The Cowboys are always the king of the hype.
Game time will show if he has improved. LOL they have grades and rating for everything! Let's just see what happens when bullets start flying.
#4 is gonna be a "Man on a mission" this season fellers, look for him doubling down with that inner fortitude/ will to win streak he's been gifted with in his footballish spine,,,especially noticeable will it be evident, should that one weird*** R.B. choose to 'sit-out' ,,,cuz',,,well, what part of "weird***" ,escapes one's mental grasp?o_O

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
But the weaknesses we were hoping to correct are more objective, particularly accuracy.

I wasn't hoping for more intangibles, I was hoping for better accuracy on deep balls. The whiff against air on Pollard running a fly was not encouraging.
Perhaps you should watch more than one throw. Dak has been laying it right over the shoulder and in the bread basket on deep throws in camp. His haters want to look at 1 deep pass to Pollard that was off but not talk about the many others he was dead on accurate.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m a bigger Prescott fan than I was a Romo fan and want the best for him, that said I’m a cowboy fan more than any one player

If Dak has a top 5 offer and he’s refusing it then that’s an issue regardless of market value Dak is a winner but he’s not aaron Rodgers or Brady

Daks not the only issue here zeke being a selfish sob as well . There’s a part of me that hopes running back by committee destroys the league just to prove a point

All 3 of them zeke, Dak and Cooper need to accept there offers and get ready for football as this team is extremely close

Now if all 3 deals get done and the cowboys still fail and it’s not Daks fault then we know the culprit. Because it hasn’t been solely Daks fault up till now

GARRETT!!!! MUST GO

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Poor Jerry not quite able to admit another massive mistake as Dak stock prices are falling since his rookie year and the fan base is weary and filled with doubt if # 4 has the metal needed to get the Job done.
Jerry final nail in the Cowboy coffin will be giving Dak that 30 million $ deal.
We await our GM's decision and expect the worse and hope for the best!

I think Linehan was the mistake, particularly last year. Dak should have both been used, developed, and pushed so that we have a clearer idea of what we have in him. But Linehan's limitations leave us wondering. Maybe we could have done more and made more of Dak. And maybe not.

There's huge downside risk with Dak. Teams that pay a true franchise QB have a chance. Teams that pay a mirage of a franchise QB are hosed. That's why I'm in favor of churning running QBs until you hit one who is also a great passer. While you're waiting for that Rogers, your QB is cheap and gives you something that the franchise QBs don't.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Watched the blue and white scrimmage...honestly thought he didnt play well but maybe the scrimm used a dummy playbook

khiladi

Reaction score
Tell the truth...how many times did you bash your head into a wall after Dak led the team to 10 wins a playoff birth last season? How many times did you curse at the sky in anger as your "favorite" team won game after game late in the season?

You sound very bitter about the success of your "favorite" team. Might I suggest adopting the Eagles as your new favorite team. You would probably be a lot happier.

Tell the truth.. how hard were you biting your teeth in anger reading my post, to then cry and vent that clearly insinuated deep down, you know I’m right. I’m pretty sure you were blaming Dak’s struggles on Linehan last year as well..

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Dak’s Strengths are his intangibles - like being a leader, giving back to the community, staying out of trouble.

vlad

Reaction score
Well the only thing I would say is I don't think he's ever been a good practice player...ever. I think even in college. Somehow he just turns it on when its game time. I always wondered what impact that has on the overall offense when practicing.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I think Linehan was the mistake, particularly last year. Dak should have both been used, developed, and pushed so that we have a clearer idea of what we have in him. But Linehan's limitations leave us wondering. Maybe we could have done more and made more of Dak. And maybe not.

There's huge downside risk with Dak. Teams that pay a true franchise QB have a chance. Teams that pay a mirage of a franchise QB are hosed. That's why I'm in favor of churning running QBs until you hit one who is also a great passer. While you're waiting for that Rogers, your QB is cheap and gives you something that the franchise QBs don't.
this makes me happy you are not in charge because ideas like this is why teams like the Browns have been giving away wins to other teams for years. If you waddle all day in the unknown you will stay there until you find something but that something is rare and often far off. I am for paying him top 10 money. If he works out excellent then pay him top 5 money. But honestly the money is too much of a focus for people because if we win with him, it doesnt matter if he misses some throw in practice some day.