Video: Review of our offense and Dak' improvement on accuracy and anticipation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This guy reviews Dak's progression and talks about what Dak was taught in college vs how Dak is playing now. He says Dak's improved his accuracy and anticipation. So much for accuracy and anticipation can't be improved non-sense.

Sounds like this guy knows Dak's offseason QB coach and talks about what they work on with Dak.

The guy doing the video is Cam Cameron who used to be the OC for the Chargers/Ravens/Dolphins/LSU. He knows his stuff as opposed to some random blogger NFL OC wannabe.

This was explained to the Brady Bunch/Dakettes/Petty Trolls

Dak was a QB in college that could just take off at any time when there wasnt pressure or an obvious read and dominate the game. Didnt have to sit in the pocket, make quick reads and deliver the ball in the face of pressure.

His rookie year that line was sooo good that he could just sit there and pick his spots. Starting in Atlanta last year as his line fell apart for the first time in his career he had to start dealing with this. Trial by fire. Hes a great kid and learning. Getting better. Maturing and a healthy Oline and this kid will be amazing. Has everything else already.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This guy reviews Dak's progression and talks about what Dak was taught in college vs how Dak is playing now. He says Dak's improved his accuracy and anticipation. So much for accuracy and anticipation can't be improved non-sense.

Sounds like this guy knows Dak's offseason QB coach and talks about what they work on with Dak.

The guy doing the video is Cam Cameron who used to be the OC for the Chargers/Ravens/Dolphins/LSU. He knows his stuff as opposed to some random blogger NFL OC wannabe.

Nobody said he can't improve. The question is, can he improve enough to make the team a perennial contender?

Blake

Reaction score
What improvement LOL...he had 1 good game vrs a wanna lose and going nowhere Giant team!!!
The week before he couldn't score 1 point against a going somewhere Colts team.....
Seahawks defense vrs Dak is not a good thing for us or Dak.....it might just be a Blood bath for no 4.......I know I know bash away but I very little confidence if they contain Zeke that Dak can win this game with his arm against this defense....

Stubborn ignorance in the absence of critical thinking is not a desirable quality for one to have. In fact, it makes you stand out as a dummy.

And just a helpful suggestion, run future postings of yours through this website: https://www.grammarly.com/ - so maybe every keystroke you type won't make you sound so illiterate.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Nonsense, those on CowboysZone will tell you that nothing that points towards Dak's positive attributes matter, because what matters is their "eye test."

If Stats show that Dak excels in a certain area of his game or that he isn't as bad as his doubters say, then they will tell you "Nonsense, it's all about my eyes and Dak sucks."

If those who study the game say that Dak has positive skills or improvements then they will tell you. "No, No, Dak a Zoids, Dak is clearly the worst QB in the NFL, my eyes tell you so, you are nothing but a Dak Slobber."

Think I guessed the responses just about right. lol

Reaction score
That's quite a convincing indictment of the OL, but is it the coaching or is it the center/QB calling the wrong protections?

pansophy

Reaction score
I'm glad he was showing things Dak is working on and improving on. His critics seem to think a player is incapable of improving that this all come natural. I see big differences in Dak play early in the season and as of late. Now the post season is here and Dak will have to go out and make plays, yes Dallas will run but when you hit post season vs better teams we can't afford to be 1 dimensional.
I think his critics balk at the idea he is an elite passer, which many claim he is. I agree with you that he has improved lately. All last season and the beginning of this season I almost never saw a WR have to drag his feet to catch a ball, which means that Dak simply didn't attack the sidelines. That has changed in the last 4-5 weeks and it looks like Dak's improved throwing to the outside plus Cooper has finally punished teams out of clogging the middle of the field opening things up for Jarwin and Beasley again.

We may really be seeing Dak turn the corner as passer right now, which would be so amazing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. I've read many times here by Dak critiques, accuracy can't be improved at this stage in his development. "Either you have it or you don't" is what they like to quote.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. Anyone who says he can't improve at all is either an idiot or just being an extremist. I'm sure he can improve, but can he improve enough to approach elite status?

pansophy

Reaction score
Yes. I've read many times here by Dak critiques, accuracy can't be improved at this stage in his development. "Either you have it or you don't" is what they like to quote.
The footwork commentary is so huge. Steve Young would go on and on about how footwork and throwing were linked and if you didn't have your footwork connected properly you were screwed as a QB. Everything would be off timing wise, 'anticipation' would be off because you wouldn't be looking at the right place at the right time, and when you did throw your accuracy would be off. We knew he had awful footwork coming into the league -- he wasn't allowed to take a 7 step drop without play action until week 14 his rookie year.

Footwork is kind of everything in our timing based offense and it's not quick to master. If he is getting that down now though 20 million a year will look like a huge bargain.

Ken

Reaction score
What improvement LOL...he had 1 good game vrs a wanna lose and going nowhere Giant team!!!
The week before he couldn't score 1 point against a going somewhere Colts team.....
Seahawks defense vrs Dak is not a good thing for us or Dak.....it might just be a Blood bath for no 4.......I know I know bash away but I very little confidence if they contain Zeke that Dak can win this game with his arm against this defense....
Do you notice that you get less and less replies and likes?

That is because your horrible takes are not even worth responding to anymore.

Just fyi

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Okay, I'll take your word for it. Anyone who says he can't improve at all is either an idiot or just being an extremist. I'm sure he can improve, but can he improve enough to approach elite status?

Well then say hello to Pappydog, our resident idiot/extremist.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you notice that you get less and less replies and likes?

That is because your horrible takes are not even worth responding to anymore.

Just fyi

You worry about the replies and likes ....thks..... and I'll worry about our Cowboys....esp going to War with inept Dak at the helm.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think his critics balk at the idea he is an elite passer, which many claim he is. I agree with you that he has improved lately. All last season and the beginning of this season I almost never saw a WR have to drag his feet to catch a ball, which means that Dak simply didn't attack the sidelines. That has changed in the last 4-5 weeks and it looks like Dak's improved throwing to the outside plus Cooper has finally punished teams out of clogging the middle of the field opening things up for Jarwin and Beasley again.

We may really be seeing Dak turn the corner as passer right now, which would be so amazing.

I guess I get caught in the middle. I like Dak and I think he will continue to learn and improve yet in the meantime I seen ample times where Dak had made the plays to help his team win games be it with his arm or legs but the guy will do what ever to help his team win. I also see things with Dak that I know he will have to get better at 1st in my book is protecting the ball under pressure and 2nd getting the ball out quicker which I have started to see from him over the last 2 games and lastly but this is also more or less team is being more productive in redzone. I don't see Dak as elite but frankly I only see 3 QB in this league as elite because to me elite is not 1 or 2 seasons of playing good it is year after year of playing great. In my view though Dallas can win with Dak at QB