Video: Review of our offense and Dak' improvement on accuracy and anticipation

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Witten isn't a receiver. But yah, he was good.

Dez, no he was done. Beasley is an average receiver at best. Good underneath guy. And then Williams. LOL

One of worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Newton didn't make the playoffs. Lost like 7 or last 8 games. Not a contender.

Wilson is a much better example but hardly a contender every year. last wild card spot hardly qualifies. But when Seattle WAS a contender and they won it, Wilson had GREAT players around him. I would gladly take Wilson, one of my favorite QB's.

Anyone else or is that it? Any TRUE contenders with QB's that DONT have great players around them?

And as far as Dak being a superhero? I think its an incredible job he did this year getting us to the playoffs. Not all on his own for sure, but it was an incredible show of leadership in that regard.
Sorry, I was at physical Therapy, so couldn't reply in full.

I think Dak did a decent job this year, but far from incredible. 9 of the 10 wins were by 8 points or less, and not against great defenses.

Wilson's a contender this year too.

I was referring to 2017 Cam Newton...but other than that, who does Andrew Luck have, other than Hilton and Ebron? (TE-since I mentioned Witten)
Foles?

Who does have as much talent around him as Dak did, and does?

Look, I want Dak to not only succeed, but to be great. It wouldn't make sense for me to not want that, especially since he's gonna be around a while. Every other game he does something that gives me hope, and last week was his best game yet, IMO. He was doing everything we want him to do for much of the game. But he doesn't seem like he's ever gonna be that consistent QB who, by the 2nd half makes me kick up my feet and think, "Okay, game's in the bag now!"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry, I was at physical Therapy, so couldn't reply in full.

I think Dak did a decent job this year, but far from incredible. 9 of the 10 wins were by 8 points or less, and not against great defenses.

Wilson's a contender this year too.

I was referring to 2017 Cam Newton...but other than that, who does Andrew Luck have, other than Hilton and Ebron? (TE-since I mentioned Witten)
Foles?

Who does have as much talent around him as Dak did, and does?

Look, I want Dak to not only succeed, but to be great. It wouldn't make sense for me to not want that, especially since he's gonna be around a while. Every other game he does something that gives me hope, and last week was his best game yet, IMO. He was doing everything we want him to do for much of the game. But he doesn't seem like he's ever gonna be that consistent QB who, by the 2nd half makes me kick up my feet and think, "Okay, game's in the bag now!"

If your idea of being a contender is making the playoffs as the last cede then we are there already. We have contended for that all 3 years he has been here under those circumstances.

Luck is a good example. But if your comparing Dak to Luck I don't see the comparison. Luck is one of those generational type players. If your looking for a Luck/Tom Brady type then you might be waiting for 20 years or more.

And luck was the final cede in the playoffs as well. Luck was drafted #1 overall. To expect a 3rd year QB drafted in the 4th round to be Tom Brady now is ridiculous.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If your idea of being a contender is making the playoffs as the last cede then we are there already. We have contended for that all 3 years he has been here under those circumstances.

Luck is a good example. But if your comparing Dak to Luck I don't see the comparison. Luck is one of those generational type players. If your looking for a Luck/Tom Brady type then you might be waiting for 20 years or more.

And luck was the final cede in the playoffs as well. Luck was drafted #1 overall. To expect a 3rd year QB drafted in the 4th round to be Tom Brady now is ridiculous.
I'm not saying I expect him to be Brady...or Luck. He is who he is, and this whole conversation was about if he could improve enough to make the team a perennial contender which, to answer your question, I think of as a team that has a legit shot at making it to the SB.

I see flashes of someone who could be that guy, followed by stints of absolute mediocrity............

....................................................................................................................................................Will the real Dak Prescott please stand up?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not saying I expect him to be Brady...or Luck. He is who he is, and this whole conversation was about if he could improve enough to make the team a perennial contender which, to answer your question, I think of as a team that has a legit shot at making it to the SB.

I see flashes of someone who could be that guy, followed by stints of absolute mediocrity............

....................................................................................................................................................Will the real Dak Prescott please stand up?

I see it the other way around. Whether a team is SB ready is more to do with the team then the QB. QB's don't make teams contenders. The TEAM overall makes them SB contenders. Your all about the QB, I am not. I focus on the team around the QB.

Rogers won 6 games this year. Doesn't matter how good he is. Team needs to be great around him to give the QB a chance to take them there.

Dak needs a better team around him then Rogers does. That much we can say for sure.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This guy reviews Dak's progression and talks about what Dak was taught in college vs how Dak is playing now. He says Dak's improved his accuracy and anticipation. So much for accuracy and anticipation can't be improved non-sense.

Sounds like this guy knows Dak's offseason QB coach and talks about what they work on with Dak.

The guy doing the video is Cam Cameron who used to be the OC for the Chargers/Ravens/Dolphins/LSU. He knows his stuff as opposed to some random blogger NFL OC wannabe.

:popcorn:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I see it the other way around. Whether a team is SB ready is more to do with the team then the QB. QB's don't make teams contenders. The TEAM overall makes them SB contenders. Your all about the QB, I am not. I focus on the team around the QB.

Rogers won 6 games this year. Doesn't matter how good he is. Team needs to be great around him to give the QB a chance to take them there.

Dak needs a better team around him then Rogers does. That much we can say for sure.
I think we agree more than we thought we did.
I think it's about the team as well, but the QB is the one guy who can make it the easiest or the most difficult.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy reviews Dak's progression and talks about what Dak was taught in college vs how Dak is playing now. He says Dak's improved his accuracy and anticipation. So much for accuracy and anticipation can't be improved non-sense.

Sounds like this guy knows Dak's offseason QB coach and talks about what they work on with Dak.

The guy doing the video is Cam Cameron who used to be the OC for the Chargers/Ravens/Dolphins/LSU. He knows his stuff as opposed to some random blogger NFL OC wannabe.

I think he is referring to Tom House and his group.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/22/tom-house-baseball-football-tom-brady

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Are you saying you know more about football than Cam Cameron? Tell me what NFL teams you coached?
When the people that have played or coached say the opposite do you treat as the gospel too or do you think they have something against Dak? I'm asking because it's easy to post what you agree with but when it is against your views do you agree just as easily?