CFZ Review: Tyron and Peters

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron was good. Anybody that says otherwise is clueless.

Peters was good enough.

Snaps
Tyron 72%
Peters 28%

There was 1 snap where the entire OL was a step late off the ball and the pass rusher got past Tyron due to the late start. I assume that Biadasz snapped it early.

There was a short yardage run play where Tyron stepped outside off the snap and the DE jumped inside.
- The play looked odd because Martin started moving outside then kicked back inside to pick up a LB.

A couple of other plays by Tyron that were not perfect but not terrible.

There were many plays where a pass rusher ended up on the ground after the trademark Tyron 1-arm shove into the backfield.

Side Note: Tyler Smith was pulling and ran into the defender that Peters was blocking. I was surprised the defender did not get injured. It was a big collision. Peters did depart the field for the remainder of that series but returned later.

conner01

Reaction score

Peters was good enough.

Snaps
Tyron 72%
Peters 28%

There was 1 snap where the entire OL was a step late off the ball and the pass rusher got past Tyron due to the late start. I assume that Biadasz snapped it early.

There was a short yardage run play where Tyron stepped outside off the snap and the DE jumped inside.
- The play looked odd because Martin started moving outside then kicked back inside to pick up a LB.

There were many plays where a pass rusher ended up on the ground after the trademark Tyron 1-arm shove into the backfield.

Side Note: Tyler Smith was pulling and ran into the defender that Peters was blocking. I was surprised the defender did not get injured. It was a big collision. Peters did depart the field for the remainder of that series but returned later.
First game back after being off a long time. I expect him to get better each week

RonWashington

Reaction score
Can you go into the off-season with Peters ( 40 ) and Tyron experiencing injuries now at an alarming rate . Josh Ball is not to be trusted on the left side and Waletzco comes off season ending surgery. .

I would think OT anywhere from rounds 1-4 next Draft to support starting Tackles Tyler Smith and hopefully a recovered Steele.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Peters was good enough.

Snaps
Tyron 72%
Peters 28%

Appreciate your insights X
Do you have a coaching background or are you a recliner warrior ?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Can you go into the off-season with Peters ( 40 ) and Tyron experiencing injuries now at an alarming rate . Josh Ball is not to be trusted on the left side and Waletzco comes off season ending surgery. .

I would think OT anywhere from rounds 1-4 next Draft to support starting Tackles Tyler Smith and hopefully a recovered Steele.

Tyler and Steele. Two quality starting tackles for cheap, but we have to look to Steele moving on soon. Or pay da man. I doubt the latter.
So yeah, we're not desperate, but we do need to develop someone at T to take over for Steele.
Center is more likely for a high draft pick. Biadasz is soon moving on, and we could replace him with a quality draft pick and not cry about "wasting" his last season.
I like high C picks. Usually gold.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Appreciate your insights X
Do you have a coaching background or are you a recliner warrior ?

He has much better insight than some people who talk in 100 percent generalities and claim they were coaches, which should tell you something.

As long as you know the relationship between general and specific, you should be able to figure some of these things out. People who avoid speaking in specifics are usually trolls, and blowhards just looking for attention they never got.

Like, look at the posters saying Dallas sucks, and has no chance.. etcetera. Then ask them who does, and see if it pans out.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Tyler and Steele. Two quality starting tackles for cheap, but we have to look to Steele moving on soon. Or pay da man. I doubt the latter.
So yeah, we're not desperate, but we do need to develop someone at T to take over for Steele.
Center is more likely for a high draft pick. Biadasz is soon moving on, and we could replace him with a quality draft pick and not cry about "wasting" his last season.
I like high C picks. Usually gold.

So as an alternative, if he's got a market, is to trade Tyron (post season) to a team on a short window (and available CAP).

RonWashington

Reaction score
So as an alternative, if he's got a market, is to trade Tyron (post season) to a team on a short window (and available CAP).

No one will trade for him . Look at the lousy return on a healthy Amari Cooper . You swap positions in the 5th and you get. 6th . Wow. Tyron Smith will net zero in trade value.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No one will trade for him . Look at the lousy return on a healthy Amari Cooper . You swap positions in the 5th and you get. 6th . Wow. Tyron Smith will net zero in trade value.

Not quite the Amari situation....unlike Coop we wouldnt be trading Tyron out of necessity. You're looking at the Coop scenario in hindsight, whereas in reality EVERY NFL team could see we were releasing him as the CAP had to be balanced within the week.

If Tyron has nil trade value, he (and Zeke) will be given the Tank issue, pay cut or outright cut....we can only defer so much of Dak's contract.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He has much better insight than some people who talk in 100 percent generalities and claim they were coaches, which should tell you something.

As long as you know the relationship between general and specific, you should be able to figure some of these things out. People who avoid speaking in specifics are usually trolls, and blowhards just looking for attention they never got.

Like, look at the posters saying Dallas sucks, and has no chance.. etcetera. Then ask them who does, and see if it pans out.
He has good insights.
I bet we have some posters who have experience.
I know @ Ranching was a high school coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Yes I believe ball and or Wally have shot to be the next steele type and make a jump, remember all the naysayers on players like Free and Steele, they might surprise some people next year..

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I saw plenty of plays where he mauled on the line...typical Ty when healthy