CFZ Rewatched the game with Filthy: The Good,the Bad, and the Ugly!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Good:
1. This team showed no quit! They were getting their butt kicked, but kept on playing. When we made it 17-20, Philly’s D had lost all their swagger. If our O could have gotten the ball right back, I think it would have been a different game. Good sign for the future!

2. In the 2nd half we were able to run the ball right up the middle against a very good D front. Good sign for the future!

3. Our young TE’s played very well. Future looks bright at TE, even without Shultz.

4. Goldston made some plays. One of the few DL able to get off blocks quickly and make a couple plays.

5. Overall our O line played very well vs a very good DL.

6. Zek looked good!! So did Pollard, as usual.

The Bad:

1. LVE has poor instincts and has a very hard time getting off blocks. He reacts after the play starts, almost never anticipates the play.( See Sean Lee)

2. Bohannon can’t get off blocks either. Many of our DL had a hard time getting off blocks.

3. Not impressed by Gallop. He doesn’t seem fluid at all. Philly’s DB’s we’re constantly right on him. Philly’s DB’s are very talented though.

4. I like Quinn a lot, but I think we should have run blitzed to try and slow down their run game. They ran it down our throats when we made it 17-20. We had no answer for their run game!

The Ugly:

1. Fowler gave them 4 points. Jimmy would have cut him. This was inexcusable!!! So dumb!

2. McCarthy should have challenged the Lamb stretch for a 1st down. Dumb!!

3. On both of Brown’s TD catches our DB’s got picked. Lewis was 15 yards from the ball on one. He was sleep walking thru that TD.

4. Way to many idiotic penalties. Joseph had 2!!

5. Philly’s HC!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Agree on LVE it's pretty clear he's a liability at times, and disappointing DQ hasn't tried to address that position.

This was a concern about Gallup coming back so quick...yes he can be out there, but will he be right. Gallup’s breakdown is choppy cause he doesn't have full trust in his knee which is letting CBs make plays on his routes.

I really like the young TEs and wish they could move on from Shultz. I even like McKeon being out there.

Been waiting for Golston and he showed up in a big game...that's what you like to see from young players.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You must be a glutton for punishment, because watching that game once was enough for me. I’ve never rewatched a game the Cowboys lost and never will.

Just exactly what i was thinking...LOL.....rubbing salt in a wound is not exactly my idea of entertainment. Like waterboarding yourself.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Agree on LVE it's pretty clear he's a liability at times, and disappointing DQ hasn't tried to address that position.
This is what concerns me. I know DQ knows way more football than anyone on here, so it makes me wonder how bad the rest of the LBs have been to not be capable of replacing the absolute sh** show LVE has been. This is a good video breakdown of the disaster of LVE

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just exactly what i was thinking...LOL.....rubbing salt in a wound is not exactly my idea of entertainment. Like waterboarding yourself.

One fan claimed they re-watched the game and it wasn’t as bad the second time around. They claimed even Rush played better than they initially thought. o_O They must have been drunk when they re-watched it. Lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Good:
1. This team showed no quit! They were getting their butt kicked, but kept on playing. When we made it 17-20, Philly’s D had lost all their swagger. If our O could have gotten the ball right back, I think it would have been a different game. Good sign for the future!

2. In the 2nd half we were able to run the ball right up the middle against a very good D front. Good sign for the future!

3. Our young TE’s played very well. Future looks bright at TE, even without Shultz.

4. Goldston made some plays. One of the few DL able to get off blocks quickly and make a couple plays.

The Bad:

1. LVE has poor instincts and has a very hard time getting off blocks. He reacts after the play starts, almost never anticipates the play.( See Sean Lee)

2. Bohannon can’t get off blocks either. Many of our DL had a hard time getting off blocks.

3. Not impressed by Gallop. He doesn’t seem fluid at all. Philly’s DB’s we’re constantly right on him. Philly’s DB’s are very talented though.

4. I like Quinn a lot, but I think we should have run blitzed to try and slow down their run game. They ran it down our throats when we made it 17-20. We had no answer for their run game!

The Ugly:

1. Fowler gave them 4 points. Jimmy would have cut him. This was inexcusable!!! So dumb!

3. On both of Brown’s TD catches our DB’s got picked. Lewis was 15 yards from the ball on one. He was sleep walking thru that TD.

5. Philly’s HC!!
No mention of Rush throwing 3 INTs?

Regardless of anything you listed, the probability of winning vs an unbeaten team is near zero when the QB throws 3 INTs.

Creeper

Reaction score
Bohanna is doing his job. He tackles on the double team blocks and does not let them get off to block someone else. The job of goes like Bohanna and Gallimore is absorb the blocks and let the LBs and safeties make the plays. Watch them on one on one blocks and you will see they will hold up pretty well.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is what concerns me. I know DQ knows way more football than anyone on here, so it makes me wonder how bad the rest of the LBs have been to not be capable of replacing the absolute sh** show LVE has been. This is a good video breakdown of the disaster of LVE

When you watch the plays in this video, watch #11.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

5. Philly’s HC!!

i think several deficiencies fixable for Lions game

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

5. Philly’s HC!!
3 int's are quite ugly.
The Philly HC looks like he spends time in Kensington with the heroin fiends.

LysleE

Reaction score
Yep. The probability of winning any game against any team is low when throwing 3 picks.

Agreed…and the 10 penalties, some of which I think gave Philly a first down didn’t help matters either…

Not to mention getting gashed but the run; enabling Philly to eat some clock in the 4th quarter.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score

It's no coincidence that LVE and Jaylon both had their best season with Lee still there.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

5. Philly’s HC!!
Glutton for punishment
Rewatching a tough loss.
Good observations!