Rewatched the Seattle playoff game

JayFord

Reaction score
All good and fine. Now...take a look at the Rams playoff game.

Then tell us which one of the two games is most indicative of how the 2019 Cowboys might play.

Lol with this team always expect the worse.....I fully expect us not to make in game adjustments and go either 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs

JayFord

Reaction score
But as far as that rams game

If you’re getting dominated like that you just tell the defensive lineman to cut the offensive line at their knees if they fire forward off the ball that was only 1 lineman is against 3 linebackers and a running back and that should work

Then you mix it up and 2 gap That keeps the oline guessing and hesitant to make a move thus stifling the offense

I’m about sick of other teams knowing exactly what we’re doing

I wonder how our coaches would play a game of poker

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A few observations...
4) Noah Brown is useless but that was a massive PI no call that almost turned the game
5) Tavon is exactly what I’ve always wanted in a kick returner and gadget guy, minus the injuries, hope we use him next year. Two huge returns although one was called back, he’s a weapon.
10) for what we paid, we better see more from Tank than what we did at the end of last season, I know he was injured, but we need more pressure

With the quality we've picked up at WR, I don't see Brown making the team.
I think the same about Tavon. He's that gimmick guy they've been looking for for years. Can run the ball, can run routes, has the speed to beat teams deep. Perfect complement to our run game.

It wasn't just the end of the season with Tank. 5 sacks, 15 qb hits in the last 14 games. Gotta hope it was injury holding him back.
Gregory had 6 sacks, 16 QB hits in those games. Crawford had 4.5, 11 hits.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There players were just more physical and powerful upfront for our DL, sure some schemes but players too.
Who do you think trains and coaches the players? The players don't do this by themselves. It's the coaches' job to get the players stronger, more aggressive and play smarter/better on the field.

Dre11

Reaction score
Who do you think trains and coaches the players? The players don't do this by themselves. It's the coaches' job to get the players stronger, more aggressive and play smarter/better on the field.

You're not dealing with pop warner kids, these players are professional with jobs making millions. It your job to go home after practice and study your assignments and the player you're lining up in front of. It's your job to be ready to play on Sunday, you don't need a coach to tell you to do your job.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're not dealing with pop warner kids, these players are professional with jobs making millions. It your job to go home after practice and study your assignments and the player you're lining up in front of. It's your job to be ready to play on Sunday, you don't need a coach to tell you to do your job.
Then why have coaches in the NFL?

Crazy comment.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The same reason you have a boss at work. Do you need to be told to do your job? If so, you're a sad individual
You get paid to do a job, but you don't automatically know exactly how to do it. That's where proper training and being coached up comes into play, hence why bosses/supervisors and coaches are needed. Common sense.

Sad that some people don't know nor understand that?

GMO415

Reaction score
I agree with much of this. A few comments ...

Remember contracts aren’t a position ranking. Wilson benefitted from being the most recent of the better QBs to have his contract come up. Others will pass him when theirs comes up.

28 ppg may be possible, but it’s a lot to expect from a run heavy offense. If they can average 25-27 I’ll be happy. 28+ and I would be thrilled.

I think we will see more consistency from tank if we can get a little more pass rush from others so opposing offenses have more people to worry about than just avoiding or stopping Tank.
When you've been to two SBs: winning one of them....you can get paid like it.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I thought we could have very easily lost that game Seattle refused to pass even though we sold out to stop the run. I mean Wilson ate us up on PA passes down the field.
I still can't believe they didn't attack us more, because the game was theirs for the taking.

Oh, and Wilson is very good. Gonna miss Baldwin though.

Dre11

Reaction score
You get paid to do a job, but you don't automatically know exactly how to do it. That's where proper training and being coached up comes into play, hence why bosses/supervisors and coaches are needed. Common sense.

Sad that some people don't know nor understand that?

That's not what is being talked about here, were talking about doing your job, being prepared, and being ready taking the game plan to the field. That's on the player. You don't need another grown as man to tell you that. Sad that you don't understand the player's responsibility as a professional. Must've never played.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Agree to a certain point but at some time in the game it's your will against his and let the best man win. Having played college ball and gotten into boxing and martial arts years ago, you can scheme all you want, as Mike Tyson said, " Everyone has a plan till get punched in the mouth ". Then it's time to man up and get too it too see if you can beat this man physically.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's not what is being talked about here, were talking about doing your job, being prepared, and being ready taking the game plan to the field. That's on the player. You don't need another grown as man to tell you that. Sad that you don't understand the player's responsibility as a professional. Must've never played.
Lol. I played and know the game much better than you. Guaranteed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agree to a certain point but at some time in the game it's your will against his and let the best man win. Having played college ball and gotten into boxing and martial arts years ago, you can scheme all you want, as Mike Tyson said, " Everyone has a plan till get punched in the mouth ". Then it's time to man up and get too it too see if you can beat this man physically.
Understood and agree.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
There players were just more physical and powerful upfront for our DL, sure some schemes but players too.
Not true! The week before we played the #1 running team in the league, Seattle, and shut their run game down. We had a top 5 run defense last year. The Rams knew what what we were doing pre snap and the coaches on defense did not adjust. Our Offensive and Defensive coaches got out coached by the Rams. Then in the Super Bowl the Rams got out coached by Belicheat.

Coaching Matters a lot! We have the talent, that if our coaches put our players in position to make plays, we can win the Super Bowl this coming season!!!