Rewind: The Seattle Game

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I have not watched it since it happened.

Since I am a masochist, I am firing it up right now.

Oh look, we got Zeke back! Everything is fixed.

Wait, on 2nd down a pass clanks off Bryant's hands.

The third down play was indicative of our struggles.

Prescott gets blitzed. But if you look at the WR patterns, we have Bryant running a deep inside route after going in motion, Witten is the lone receiver on the left side of the field. Beasley runs some lazy five yard out and god only knows what Williams was supposed to do.

Alexander

Reaction score
Seahawks first possession was pretty much their OL losing badly at the point of attack, but they still managed two first downs.

Lawrence was a bad bad man.

And I think it is time to admit the fact that Sean Lee, while a great player, should never, ever be sent on a blitz.

He has no clue what to do when he is asked to do that.

tm1119

Reaction score
The OP is a microcosm of why I only put like 20% of the offensive struggles last year on Dak.

#1 WR is dynamic but extremely inconsistent. A diva and also struggles to stay healthy. Can still be a huge playmaker but not the dominant #1 he used to be.

#2 WR is pretty bad overall. T Will is best when the play breaks down but isn’t a particularly good route runner and has stones for hands. Really shouldn’t be a top 2 WR on a playoff team.

#3- Beasley has 0 catch radius and only runs underneath options. While he’s very good at what he does, If not schemed open he’s a very tough target to throw to

TE- Reliable hands but gets 0 separation. Good for 0 YAC as well. Basically a check down option at this point

Alexander

Reaction score
2nd possession, Tyron Smith has exited the lineup.

For some reason, they felt they could be tricky and try designed plays to Noah Brown. Earl Thomas came up on a designed Prescott run and tattooed him.

It is amazing the routes they have Beasley run. They are basically the same thing, every time.

Williams is the only receiver doing anything.

Pivotal play at the 50 on 2nd and 4, another Noah Brown incompletion after he ran a very primitive route.

Prescott has looked awful, mainly due to pressure that the Seahawks were running at him. Mostly secondary players blitzing.

Alexander

Reaction score
2nd Seattle drive was sheer dominance by the Cowboy D. They backed them up inside the five and they got zero.

This Cowboys offense looks great on their third drive. But only when Prescott is handing the ball off to Elliott.

Prescott gyrates a lot at the line of scrimmage. It looks like he is really a field general, commanding everyone where to go. Then after the snap he dithers and ends up dumping the football underneath.

Drive ends with Garrett's favorite play. A Dan Bailey FG.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
2nd Seattle drive was sheer dominance by the Cowboy D. They backed them up inside the five and they got zero.

This Cowboys offense looks great on their third drive. But only when Prescott is handing the ball off to Elliott.

Prescott gyrates a lot at the line of scrimmage. It looks like he is really a field general, commanding everyone where to go. Then after the snap he dithers and ends up dumping the football underneath.

Drive ends with Garrett's favorite play. A Dan Bailey FG.
Did Bailey make that one?

Alexander

Reaction score
The pass play designs are blowing my mind.

One, there is a simple formula, a couple deep routes that disappear off the screen, then one or two underneath routes that are ran well short of five yards.

And two, Prescott takes the low road. A lot.

After a quarter, Elliott has 50 yards but Seattle just does not care.

Alexander

Reaction score
Here is Bryant's first "look at me moment". On the sideline, shaking his head. Pacing around. Now Beasley is talking to him.

Clearly he keeps chattering at the sideline, even as he goes to set himself on his route when he comes back into the game.

Now Elliott is patting him on the butt.

I guess that was just his passion.

Bankshot by Bailey from 51. We rule.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don’t worry.

Coaches skipped the Senior Bowl to get into their lab to rework the offense.

I expect great things!!!!

Alexander

Reaction score
Great defensive series punctuated by Lawrence owning Ifedi.

Dallas takes the punt, has a penalty and everyone's passionate Cowboy4life puts the ball on the ground.

rags747

Reaction score
The pass play designs are blowing my mind.

One, there is a simple formula, a couple deep routes that disappear off the screen, then one or two underneath routes that are ran well short of five yards.

And two, Prescott takes the low road. A lot.

After a quarter, Elliott has 50 yards but Seattle just does not care.
And that is why 2018 will be a very tough season, teams will stack the line and make Dak beat them. He needs to start off the season real hot and show that he can make teams pay, if not it will be a very painful season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
PLEASE tell me this time they RUN THE BALL AT THE GOAL-LINE!!!!!!

You sound like a Seattle fan re-watching the Super Bowl from a few years ago. If any fan base wishes they ran the ball on the goal line it’s the Seahawks.

Alexander

Reaction score
Seattle takes the ball off Bryant's miscue and scores a TD.

The funny thing is Byron Maxwell simply let him catch the ball, then retreated and then literally punched the ball out of Bryant's left arm since he was carrying it like a loaf of bread.

Graham just simply boxed out Lewis for the Seattle score. Big man on little man. Real simple stuff.

An entire half of momentum erased.

But Bailey did Garrett proud with his third FG which barely sneaked inside the goal post.